2009-2010 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewed mid April and still waiting... anxiously...

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed 4/27 - woke up to a waitlist.

I hear NYMC's waitlist movement is good, but can anyone else offer any insight into whether they REALLY want us to update them with minute changes (like new volunteer/work) or just major changes (awards, publications, etc.)

Any current students have any real insight into how well the waitlist moves?

GAAAHHHH!!!!! I hope they give us a final decision soon...

Interviewed 3/22, had to send in my spring grades....and received an acceptance this am :lock:

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed: 3/25 -- Accepted this morning! :)

Interviewed May 3. got my FIRST M.D. ACCEPTANCE TODAY from NYMC!!!!! soooooo happy!!!! only took them a week for my decision, wow :O. i'd been on four M.D. waitlists and had 2 D.O. acceptances.

wow that is shocking you got an acceptance that quick.. congrats all

I interviewed on the 4th. Haven't heard anything.

Interviewed April 13, Accepted this morning!!

First Acceptance :) Waitlisted at my state school.

Congratulations to you all on your acceptance!!! If you're planning on attending NYMC don't forget to join the facebook group "New York Medical College - Class of 2014"

congrats to everyone who heard this morning...the summer will fly by and before you know it you'll be moving in and starting orientation...only 10 wks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received NOTHING... I interviewed 3/18... Anyone else on the same boat?

Received NOTHING... I interviewed 3/18... Anyone else on the same boat?

yes sir/ma'am!
I interviewed the next week. You can call and ask them if you'll be hearing this week (some poeple I think won't be hearing until after May 15th, although I think those would be predominantly individuals who interviewed not in March), but either this means we got the ax, or they are releasing more acceptances later or over the next few days.
If you call and press one for the questions about the secondary listen to the whole message and then press 0 to speak to them. They will let you know if you're still pending a decision or not. I was told that I was but would hear this week sometime so fingers crossed they will release more decisions and we wont get a small envelope in the mail!!!

hey guys! i have a loi that i'm sending to nymc... do you think its better to snail mail it or email it?

If you were accepted, how did your email start? Or Does it start with "we have carefully reviewed your application.."? if you are on waitlist? I am asking because for some reason my inbox will open but my email won't. So...I kinda wanna know what it is...possibly. Thanks! oh and congratulations to all accepted!

If you were accepted, how did your email start? Or Does it start with "we have carefully reviewed your application.."? if you are on waitlist? I am asking because for some reason my inbox will open but my email won't. So...I kinda wanna know what it is...possibly. Thanks! oh and congratulations to all accepted!

The subject line of the email is Congratulations. The actual email begins: we are sending you this email to offer...

yes sir/ma'am!
I interviewed the next week. You can call and ask them if you'll be hearing this week (some poeple I think won't be hearing until after May 15th, although I think those would be predominantly individuals who interviewed not in March), but either this means we got the ax, or they are releasing more acceptances later or over the next few days.
If you call and press one for the questions about the secondary listen to the whole message and then press 0 to speak to them. They will let you know if you're still pending a decision or not. I was told that I was but would hear this week sometime so fingers crossed they will release more decisions and we wont get a small envelope in the mail!!!

Hey just wondering if you gave them your AMCAS# and all... I called and the lady pretty much brushed me off and said you are still pending (w/o asking for my AMCAS#) :(

Hey just wondering if you gave them your AMCAS# and all... I called and the lady pretty much brushed me off and said you are still pending (w/o asking for my AMCAS#) :(

Yup I did, but I also interviewed in march and the director of admissions told us on interview day we would hear before may 15th

Did anyone else here interview on May 4th? I wonder if us last-dayers will hear back before the 15th.

Accepted today! Interviewed on March 22nd with Dr. Jenkins

Accepted this morning!!!! =] interviewed 4/15 with Ms. June
I thought I got rejected since it seemed like everyone heard back yesterday.

I got accepted this morning too! Fastest turnaround ever. What's the deal with the deposit? I couldn't find anything on the website about a deposit. So they need us to respond by May 15, basically?

gahh, has ANYONE with dr. wang hear back positively (and by positive I mean either with an acceptance or a waitlist)?

Hang in there! I didn't interview with Dr. Wang though. I interviewed with Dr. Stidham.

I was accepted back in Jan, but our deposit was due may 15th. We received a acceptance package in the mail that told us that.

Can we start one of these for those on the waitlist and obsessively checking the thread?

illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12

There sure are a lot of april interview acceptances..

I interviewed back in November, was waitlisted, still haven't heard anything since

for those accepted these past few days, did you already receive the package/mail that they said they were sending out in the acceptance email? i haven't received mine, and I'm wondering when our deposits will be due...

for those accepted these past few days, did you already receive the package/mail that they said they were sending out in the acceptance email? i haven't received mine, and I'm wondering when our deposits will be due...

I'm still waiting on mine too, I'm sure that they won't be expecting them before May 15th if they mailed our packets out this week.

to those that received an acceptance yesterday or today -- do we really have only 2 days to decide for one acceptance. Even if we didn't officially receive an acceptance letter?? What gives...

to those that received an acceptance yesterday or today -- do we really have only 2 days to decide for one acceptance. Even if we didn't officially receive an acceptance letter?? What gives...

I don't understand the "what gives" thought, because you've known your acceptance was a possibility and usually people use all available information to develop a good idea of where they'd rather go. The email is your official acceptance letter. A hard copy will come later.

2010-2011 academic calendar is up....LOTS of days off for Jewish holidays...this yr, we had 3, next yr, 13...thanks Touro!

Attachments

• nymc calendar.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 251
I don't understand the "what gives" thought, because you've known your acceptance was a possibility and usually people use all available information to develop a good idea of where they'd rather go. The email is your official acceptance letter. A hard copy will come later.

Yeah, I don't get it. You're accepted to more than one school so apparently you're smart enough to go to medical school, but you're not smart enough to form a ranking in your mind?

I'm accepted to one and waitlisted at six schools. Should I be accepted from every one of the waitlists (and I doubt I will be) I have a ranking I know won't change. It's based on price first (including living expenses), location second, my overall impression of the school when I went and reputation/prestige third. (I'm just saying this because maybe it'll help you decide whether you want to go here or not)

Cool, fewer school days overall.

Looks like Intro to Primary Care is getting a new name, Foundations of Clinical Medicine. That's news to me.

Cool, fewer school days overall.

Looks like Intro to Primary Care is getting a new name, Foundations of Clinical Medicine. That's news to me.

And our course for next year isn't clinical skills, it's foundations of clinical medicine 2

And our course for next year isn't clinical skills, it's foundations of clinical medicine 2

The names aren't as catchy, but I'm glad they're taking away the primary care emphasis, if only in name. Most NYMC students don't do primary care.

It's interesting, I guess the biostats/community med block is sticking around. I had heard that they were going to eliminate that block and shorten the school year (longer summer). I guess the schedule jumbling will be more gradual?

Fewer days is fewer days. This is awesome.

To those of you who are current med students at NYMC. Where do people who live off campus live during the first two years? ...I skipped the part of the tour where everyone went to student housing and talked about it. My gf is planning to move with me and will likely find a job in the city. Do any of your classmates do the commute?

Status
Not open for further replies.