2010-2011 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a 2000 character limit for the smaller essays and the main essay should be 1-2 pages. Mine was about 6,000 characters. I am not sure if it cuts you off past a certain point though. Good luck :)

Thank you very much for this information! Good luck to you, as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call from Rel this morning. So excited!!!!! Interview on 9/24.:xf:

Got the call from Rel this morning. So excited!!!!! Interview on 9/24.:xf:

Awesome news and good luck on the 24th! Hope we all get news soon!

Again, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
got the call today also. Interviewing on Sept. 24th, can't wait!

I am going to park my car on the UCF COM campus during my interview day. Doese anyone here know whether metered parking spaces are available in the UCF COM campus? Thanks.

got the call today also. Interviewing on Sept. 24th, can't wait!

Will see you then. Do you need a drive to the UCF COM campus? I order my hotel at holiday inn express orlando international airport and I will drive from the hotel to UCF COM. If you or anybody else need help, just PM me. I am also happy to drive you to the airport after the interview.

Good luck to all of us. :xf:

Figured I'd chime in here, my application was completed on 8/20. Hope I hear something good! :)

Will see you then. Do you need a drive to the UCF COM campus? I order my hotel at holiday inn express orlando international airport and I will drive from the hotel to UCF COM. If you or anybody else need help, just PM me. I am also happy to drive you to the airport after the interview.

Good luck to all of us. :xf:

hey I appreciate the offer, but I am actually from the area. I live about 30 minutes from the UCF COM so I'll be driving to the campus that day as well. If you or anyone else needs any help though you can always PM me also.

Yay got the call! I'd rather not say the date, but I was quite shocked by the phone call, I've only been complete since 8/17 and my status changed to "eligible for interview" just a week ago. I still have a ton of secondaries I haven't submitted, and now I have to switch gears to interview! Very excited though. This is my only offer so far, and I'm really proud of myself for making it to this point.

Yay got the call! I'd rather not say the date, but I was quite shocked by the phone call, I've only been complete since 8/17 and my status changed to "eligible for interview" just a week ago. I still have a ton of secondaries I haven't submitted, and now I have to switch gears to interview! Very excited though. This is my only offer so far, and I'm really proud of myself for making it to this point.

Congrats!! And best of luck!

Any recent interview invites?? Seems like this school has been quiet for a while now. Does anyone know when they send out invites for OOS applicants? Most interview invites so far seem to be IS only.

Any recent interview invites?? Seems like this school has been quiet for a while now. Does anyone know when they send out invites for OOS applicants? Most interview invites so far seem to be IS only.

I am not sure of the UCF admcom timeline, but I am OOS and interviewing on Sept 10th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure of the UCF admcom timeline, but I am OOS and interviewing on Sept 10th.

UCF will be interviewing roughly 15 applicants per week, normally on Friday, for roughly 24 weeks. So far the initial four interview dates have been filled with the first date being this Friday. There are roughly 4-5 OOS'ers in each group. I hope that this helps.

UCF will be interviewing roughly 15 applicants per week, normally on Friday, for roughly 24 weeks. So far the initial four interview dates have been filled with the first date being this Friday. There are roughly 4-5 OOS'ers in each group. I hope that this helps.

Thanks for the response REL!

UCF is really amazing. All the staff, expecially REL, are really helpful. My top 1 choice. I can feel UCF will be one of the best med schools.

UCF is really amazing. All the staff, expecially REL, are really helpful. My top 1 choice. I can feel UCF will be one of the best med schools.

I completely agree. Hope your interview went great! Good luck!

hmmm...my "eligible for interview" status just disappeared and now there is no status. Did this happen to anyone else?

Mine is gone as well. Hope this isn't bad news.

Mine is gone as well. Hope this isn't bad news.

I'll chime in as I say my file has been complete and ready for review status'd until this recent disappearance. Being skeptical, I attribute this to a program glitch (constant updating of 1000s of profiles must have errors sometime) :)

edit: ya, it was a glitch - fixed now!

Last edited:
I'll chime in as I say my file has been complete and ready for review status'd until this recent disappearance. Being skeptical, I attribute this to a program glitch (constant updating of 1000s of profiles must have errors sometime) :)

edit: ya, it was a glitch - fixed now!

Man ya'll are good!!! Our IT took the system down to apply some updates for a very few minutes......please no cardiacs or strokes!!!

Good luck to all the 9/10 interviewees.

My file has been at File Complete- Ready for Review since 8/20. It has been about 17 business days. I expected a change on Monday (15th business day). I'm wondering if I should write an e-mail to the admissions office... According to my dashboard, I'm not missing anything. Maybe the committee is just on the fence about my file? If that's the case, I certainly don't want to rush them! Has anyone else experienced this?

My file has been at File Complete- Ready for Review since 8/20. It has been about 17 business days. I expected a change on Monday (15th business day). I'm wondering if I should write an e-mail to the admissions office... According to my dashboard, I'm not missing anything. Maybe the committee is just on the fence about my file? If that's the case, I certainly don't want to rush them! Has anyone else experienced this?

I have had the same status since Wednesday (8/25)...so I am either on the 14th or 15th business day.

I want to hold off on calling until after my timeline that has passed. But, I think you being at the 17th business day may require a quick phone call...it doesn't hurt...and the Admissions Team is very helpful. Let me know how it turns out if you do decide to call.

Hope this helps!

-Cgc217

People who have interviewed- How long after your status changing to "eligible for interview" did you get your interview invite?

I'm at about 17 days. I'm sure they're just really busy right now with starting interviews, so everything's backed up.

Its supposed to be about 10 days or so, but might be backed up due to the fact interview cycle has started.

This is most probably the case. We just got to wait it out.

My status actually changed today...AORTA- Eligible for Interview Selection :) Glad to still be in the running! Thanks for the input guys... guess they were a little backed up. I was planning to call tomorrow morning.. my update came just in time. Keeping my :xf: for an interview.. Good luck to everyone!

My status actually changed today...AORTA- Eligible for Interview Selection :) Glad to still be in the running! Thanks for the input guys... guess they were a little backed up. I was planning to call tomorrow morning.. my update came just in time. Keeping my :xf: for an interview.. Good luck to everyone!

Same here! Eligible for Interview. I was going to check tomorrow morning online but I decided to check real quick now before I left work. Good luck to all!

Now, got to run and catch the train home!

Same here! Eligible for Interview. I was going to check tomorrow morning online but I decided to check real quick now before I left work. Good luck to all!!

Oh wow.. me too!! I hope I continue to impress them enough on a weekly basis to get the real interview invite! You all too of course :)

Oh wow.. me too!! I hope I continue to impress them enough on a weekly basis to get the real interview invite! You all too of course :)

I've had the AORTA status for about 2 weeks and I know they review us on a near weekly basis, but how long do applicants usually stay in this holding group?

I ask because I heard about an applicant last year who remained on AORTA status for the entire application cycle. Then he was rejected at the end.:eek:

Well, at the very least we are all one (small) step closer to getting the interview! hopefully, lol
Good luck everyone!!

Pretty much everyone who applies ends up in the "eligible for interview" status. The chances of being in it for the entire cycle, followed by rejection is the norm I think. They don't give nearly as many interviews as they place in that category. I think I've been in the eligible for interview category for about 2 months. I've pretty much given up on hearing from this school.

Yeah but you know just cuz you apply early doesn't mean you'll get the earliest interviews but you may still get an interview. for instance, canhasnaps was telling me that USF med gives interviews based on MCAT scores. So people with higher scores will get interviewed more likely sooner then someone with a 30 or 29.

I don't know if this is true here but being done with apps early doesn't mean you'd get the first interview slots but doesn't mean you won't eventually get one either.

I agree. Never give up! And keep fighting 'til the end!

Interview invite 9/15.
Secondary complete 8/20/10.
OOS/32L MCAT/3.71 overall GPA/3.64 science GPA

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Pretty much everyone who applies ends up in the "eligible for interview" status. The chances of being in it for the entire cycle, followed by rejection is the norm I think. They don't give nearly as many interviews as they place in that category. I think I've been in the eligible for interview category for about 2 months. I've pretty much given up on hearing from this school.

That is so not the answer I wanted to hear. lol.

I still have hope, but thank you for telling me the truth about our realistic chances.

Best of luck to all who are "eligible"

Try to be patient. I got an invite after being in the interview pool for a while.

I'm the same. I don't have much hope either, but I really wanted to go here:(

I'm the same. I don't have much hope either, but I really wanted to go here:(

Congrats on your acceptance though, I bet that makes life less stressful. I'm eagerly awaiting Oct 15th. I leave for a weekend trip to Atlanta that day. I'm just hoping it will be a celebratory trip and not a "drown my sorrows" trip ;)

How are you accepted without October 15th being here yet??? I thought EDP people are the only ones accepted early Did you do early assurance programs of some sort to get accepted 7 year and then apply out to see where else you'd get in???

I'm confused.

PS GO GATORS. ;)

DO acceptances are not held until Oct 15. Many of those schools have been accepting since july

Trying to hold out hope. App has been completed since early august and I know UCF loves to keep people on the interview eligible status for the entire cycle.

BTW why do you have a link to mdapps if you don't actually use it.

I usually do, but I was advised to take down my mdapps for the cycle because with the info on it you could practically google me to figure out who I am. ;) Not that it matters too much I guess, seeing as I don't go crazy online, lol. :)

Trying to hold out hope. App has been completed since early august and I know UCF loves to keep people on the interview eligible status for the entire cycle.

Hanging in here, too. Don't lose hope!

I'll bet ya never heard that this is 6 month interview cycle is not a sprint!!! :>)..... Remember that some of the Florida schools have just recently even begun offering interviews! It's waaaaayyyyyy early.

As it sits here right now we have filled our first 6 of ~24 interview dates taking us mostly through mid October. That means ~100 have agreed to an interview date, ~350 applied and did not reach the minimum MCAT/GPA requirements, another ~200 are still short the MCAT and are awaiting a new score, ~500 are EFI, and another ~900 have not completed their file (and probably ~450 will not complete). Lots of the EFI's will get interviewed. This is why we also allow for you to send email updates when you need to add significant events to your file. This is always a grind --- this is a looooonnnnnngggg process.....ya never know which EFI's will be called in any given week......stay strong and stay positive!

I'll bet ya never heard that this is 6 month interview cycle is not a sprint!!! :>)..... Remember that some of the Florida schools have just recently even begun offering interviews! It's waaaaayyyyyy early.

As it sits here right now we have filled our first 6 of ~24 interview dates taking us mostly through mid October. That means ~100 have agreed to an interview date, ~350 applied and did not reach the minimum MCAT/GPA requirements, another ~200 are still short the MCAT and are awaiting a new score, ~500 are EFI, and another ~900 have not completed their file (and probably ~450 will not complete). Lots of the EFI's will get interviewed. This is why we also allow for you to send email updates when you need to add significant events to your file. This is always a grind --- this is a looooonnnnnngggg process.....ya never know which EFI's will be called in any given week......stay strong and stay positive!

Thank you, Mr. Larkin!

Thank you for the encouragement and taking the time out to explain the information to us Mr. Larkin. I am still hoping for a chance to prove my worth to UCF.

Thank you for the encouragement and taking the time out to explain the information to us Mr. Larkin. I am still hoping for a chance to prove my worth to UCF.

I operate under the theory that the more you know, the better you can make YOUR decisions. There is little reason to make this a smoke and mirrors, hide-n-seek, process.

Thank you so much for the response. I didn't mean for it to come out all doom and gloom :) i realize this is a very long process and after years of preparation sometimes I just feel I have to make sure I'm being realistic so I don't get my hopes out of control. I apologize to anyone I may have upset; that was not at all my intention.

Hope is now sufficiently renewed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.