2022-2023 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R. Complete in October. IS. URM.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is UCF still sending interviews out? I still haven’t heard anything and I know some applicants received rejections recently. Would love an interview

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the estimated number of acceptances off the waitlist listed on MSAR for this school still fairly accurate? It seems like at this point in the cycle that figure would exclude over half of the individuals in the upper half of the middle third. Very grateful to be in this zone, but I also want to make sure that my hope is not entirely unfounded!

@wildbug @hqiley @Step Doc I apologize for the late monthly update. I had planned to get it out last week and then I ended up with the flu. You should have received an update today.
Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for being so transparent and active on here. Are you able to share how many acceptances there have been and how many more are planned to go out?

Is the estimated number of acceptances off the waitlist listed on MSAR for this school still fairly accurate? It seems like at this point in the cycle that figure would exclude over half of the individuals in the upper half of the middle third. Very grateful to be in this zone, but I also want to make sure that my hope is not entirely unfounded!
For the past couple of years we've made 2.5 offers per seat ~300/500 interviews. If things stay the same this year, our projections for accepting the top 1/3 and many from the top half of the middle 1/3 should be accurate.

Reactions: 2 users
Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for being so transparent and active on here. Are you able to share how many acceptances there have been and how many more are planned to go out?
We have made about 150 offers at this point with probably another 40 or more to go by the last Admissions Committee meeting. Once we get closer to April 15th accepted students will start making decisions and as soon as we drop below 120 seats being held, we will start working down the waitlist. The past few years we've made about 300 offers total.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For the past couple of years we've made 2.5 offers per seat ~300/500 interviews. If things stay the same this year, our projections for accepting the top 1/3 and many from the top half of the middle 1/3 should be accurate.
Thank you for this info and for responding so quickly! I really appreciate you and your office’s efforts to be so transparent and forthright throughout this process.

Reactions: 1 users
WL, bottom third, LM 75. Was really disheartened to hear the news after really considering going to this school- it was my top choice.
Relatively high stats applicant with decent extracurriculars in the OR, clinical settings, and clinical research.
Interviews didn't go horrible: first one was actually the best one I've had this cycle and the second physician interviewer seemed to question every ethical question response I provided (tho I got great feedback to answer ethical scenarios) but did not go extremely bad. Thought I stood a chance with my stats and extracurriculars, and then the interview assessments would balance each other out.
I sincerely wish the best of luck to everyone that still has a chance, this is a great program with a bright future. I got so much insight from this thread so thank you for that, peace out :giggle:

WL, bottom third, LM 75. Was really disheartened to hear the news after really considering going to this school- it was my top choice.
Relatively high stats applicant with decent extracurriculars in the OR, clinical settings, and clinical research.
Interviews didn't go horrible: first one was actually the best one I've had this cycle and the second physician interviewer seemed to question every ethical question response I provided (tho I got great feedback to answer ethical scenarios) but did not go extremely bad. Thought I stood a chance with my stats and extracurriculars, and then the interview assessments would balance each other out.
I sincerely wish the best of luck to everyone that still has a chance, this is a great program with a bright future. I got so much insight from this thread so thank you for that, peace out :giggle:
Are you OOS or IS?

Any information about when financial aid offers start to come out?

Does anyone know the normal range of fin-aid offers for IS students? I know it differs by individual, just trying to gauge what IS students might expect to receive

If anybody has any questions about UCF, please feel free to reach out! Current 4th year with time to kill before match :)

Interviewed here previous cycle. Pre II R today. Would have loved to come here but know that whoever gets the spot deserves it.

• Dislike
A bit late to the party but caught the pre-II rejection on Friday 2/10. IS, LM 76, complete early August.

Does anyone know what time the UCF Sunday night info session is tonight?

How are you all dressing for the info session tonight?

for anyone else accepted, is UCF also not showing up on your choose your medical college tool?

For anyone else wait-listed does UCF not show up in the choose your medical school tool?

The February update that was just sent out said there are 263 ppl on the waitlist, the AMCAS pdf says UCF typically accepts ~80 ppl off the waitlist, so do y’all think that means they won’t get to the middle third (assuming that each tier has the same number of ppl)? :/

The February update that was just sent out said there are 263 ppl on the waitlist, the AMCAS pdf says UCF typically accepts ~80 ppl off the waitlist, so do y’all think that means they won’t get to the middle third (assuming that each tier has the same number of ppl)? :/
If they are projected to make about 190 offers total by the last committee meeting (as stated in post #221), and they typically accept a total of 300 applicants by the end of the cycle, that suggests ~110 give or take are called off the waitlist. Assuming each tier is equal in number, a person somewhere in the middle third could be in position #88-176, or about #88-131 for those in the upper half of the middle.

If the numbers above are accurate, I suppose that means there is still a chance for offers to be made to a portion of us in the middle!