2022-2023 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank You! I will do my best to continue this coveted legacy.

As for my question:
What's your favorite anime/manga?
Ok, so to preface - many of my classmates think AoT is the best of all time. I disagree but admit it's really great. I think my favorite of all time is Steins;Gate. For manga, I'm a little generic and like One Piece, lol. It's such a good story and it's feel good so I can't get enough, especially now that it's been recently picking up the pace. How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so to preface - many of my classmates think AoT is the best of all time. I disagree but admit it's really great. I think my favorite of all time is Steins;Gate. For manga, I'm a little generic and like One Piece, lol. It's such a good story and it's feel good so I can't get enough, especially now that it's been recently picking up the pace. How about you?
Funny enough, my favorite anime is also Steins Gate! So I'll just leave you another anime in my top 3: Clannad After Story. As for manga, my favorite is Kaguya-sama Love is War. I do plan on reading One Piece over the summer even though it's quite daunting at 1k+ chapters.

How much time do you usually have to watch shows like these or do your other hobbies during your time at the college of medicine?

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
Funny enough, my favorite anime is also Steins Gate! So I'll just leave you another anime in my top 3: Clannad After Story. As for manga, my favorite is Kaguya-sama Love is War. I do plan on reading One Piece over the summer even though it's quite daunting at 1k+ chapters.

How much time do you usually have to watch shows like these or do your other hobbies during your time at the college of medicine?
We had get togethers where we would watch anime in groups throughout M1-M4. I have a significant other so I didn't attend these to spend time with them. You do have to pick and choose what hobbies you want to keep up. There was definitely plenty of time though. I didn't just read OP but I was able to watch the entire series during M1 which is crazy to think back on. I have picked up and finished newer anime recently in M4 now that my schedule is more flexible.

There's a lot of time for hobbies. You prioritize how you spend your time as well as how much overall free time you get based on your study habits and your study goals. A lot of the anime crew watched significantly more anime than I did during med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just get an update of where you stand on the waitlist or did you just learn you were waitlisted? Top of middle third is typically a good place to be to eventually get an acceptance!
Just learned I was on the WL

Got the call today, first acceptance of the cycle!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know if they give out pre II rejections before March? My status is still EFI but I’m not sure if that’s a good thing at this point since they stop interviewing in February

Has anyone submitted a pre-II update? & If so 1) Did they send you a confirmation email? and 2) Did you have any luck with an II after? :)

Has anyone submitted a pre-II update? & If so 1) Did they send you a confirmation email? and 2) Did you have any luck with an II after? :)
I did and I got an II the next day. Now I just got accepted recently

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a groupme or facebook group for accepted students?

I also submitted an update and got an II like 10 days later! Won't hear back until next month tho haha

I also submitted an update and got an II like 10 days later! Won't hear back until next month tho haha

What things qualify for an update?

Starting a business? new certifications?… just trying to decide if I should send one!

What things qualify for an update?

Starting a business? new certifications?… just trying to decide if I should send one!
It's pretty subjective sometimes but I'd say if you have some new things that are substantial just send it. UCF seems to be receptive to updates

Does anyone know how many seats are filled (prob via groupme numbers)?

Does anyone know how many seats are filled (prob via groupme numbers)?
I don’t there is a groupme, but at my virtual visit visit they told us that about half of the interview offers had gone out

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t there is a groupme, but at my virtual visit visit they told us that about half of the interview offers had gone out

Oh wow so there’s some hope for people who are still in the EFI status. I honestly thought it was over.

ok thats what i figured. I heard down the line that interviews havent been scheduled for january and beyond. keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I get some more II's this season :(

ok thats what i figured. I heard down the line that interviews havent been scheduled for january and beyond. keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I get some more II's this season :(
All the interviews occur 2 weeks after you’re invited, so that’s probably why. They’re probably out for the holidays right now, and will send more invites later when they are back

i uploaded a letter of interest last week and i know they we’re on break. should i email to confirm they got it?

Does anyone know what the dress code is for the virtual visit? I’m guessing business professional but just wanted to double check!

Does anyone know what the dress code is for the virtual visit? I’m guessing business professional but just wanted to double check!
Business casual/professional. I was business casual but most ppl were business professional

is the interview just the times you are given or is it a whole day? trying to figure out if i need to take the day off from work

Mine was just the two slots I signed up for
You have to attend the virtual visit afterwards to get an interview decision though. If you don’t, they don’t notify you of your decision until you attend a virtual visit

mWaitlisted, top of middle third :/
This has normally been a great position to eventually gain an acceptance over the past few years. If interested, hang in there, maybe send an update letter to show continued interest.......or maybe even a Letter of Intent (to enroll) if you are uber committed to this program. When submitting any additional information/updates aways email the admissions office so that they can ensure all was uploaded and available for those who review files.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
This has normally been a great position to eventually gain an acceptance over the past few years. If interested, hang in there, maybe send an update letter to show continued interest.......or maybe even a Letter of Intent (to enroll) if you are uber committed to this program. When submitting any additional information/updates aways email the admissions office so that they can ensure all was uploaded and available for those who review files.
Thank you for the reassuring words!! I'll definitely be sending an interest letter in the coming weeks :)

Declined my II. Hope it goes to one of y’all!

• Care
  • Wow
Accepted off the WL (upper half of the upper one-third)! Got the call yesterday. LM ~71, OOS. :)