2011-2012 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Witzburg said that it was very small (literally a stack of files on his desk) but I don't think BU has reported an actual statistic for their Waitlist. Good luck!

I really hope its a really tiny stack because I haven't got a call yet and it seems rejections only go out the day before acceptance :xf:

BTW, Congrats on the acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted! Didn't get to answer the call but that was the best voicemail I've ever received. So excited! :D

Congrats to everyone with good news today!

Gearing up for wait list myself, blah...

Members don't see this ad :)
so whats the consensus for us who have still heard nothing at all post interview in batch two? Will there be more acceptances, or is a wait list email coming?

When I was accepted (like Jan 9th or so), it took my interviewer three days to call me after the first calls went out. I wouldn't give up hope yet!

so whats the consensus for us who have still heard nothing at all post interview in batch two? Will there be more acceptances, or is a wait list email coming?

I feel like the interviewers are calling at their own convenience. I'd give it a week, they're busy people

For all those still waiting to hear back, keep in mind that not all the interviewers will call so you may not know until emails come out later this week/early next. Keep up hope!

For all those still waiting to hear back, keep in mind that not all the interviewers will call so you may not know until emails come out later this week/early next. Keep up hope!

True story, I didn't get a call my from my interviewer, just a rather frightening "BUSM Application Status Update" e-mail on a Sunday that I was pretty sure was a rejection, but it turned out not to be! Exciting stuff...good luck to everyone! :)

Did anyone have Dr.Magauran as their interviewer?

Members don't see this ad :)
One more hand raise! Haven't heard, either...

Same here, haven't heard anything. Did anyone have Dr. Holick as their interviewer? Hopefully there are more call tomorrow and not just waitlists/rejections...

CORRECTO!!!!!!!!! This is how it was last year when my friends were waiting to hear back.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!

Anybody have Dr. Berman? Hear anything yet??

Anyone accepted in January get a call from Dr. Mazzini (awesome electrophysiologist/cardiologist)?

I (neurotically) searched last years thread an no one got a call from him, but I dont want to give myself false hope!

Ahhhhhh!! I'm overseas travelling and can't turn on my cell phone!! :( Have those of you guys who have been accepted seen changes on your status page yet? Or have you just gotten the call so far? Congrats to everyone who has gotten in!!

Ahhhhhh!! I'm overseas travelling and can't turn on my cell phone!! :( Have those of you guys who have been accepted seen changes on your status page yet? Or have you just gotten the call so far? Congrats to everyone who has gotten in!!

i believe someone above said they just got the call. Just keep checking the status page. in 1-2 days or so I'm sure it will change if trends follow same as it did for my friends last year.

Also not all interviewers call. some let it just go to ur status page. so just check your status page. Everyone will most likely know by end of this week at latest based on previous years trends.

If there was one thing I learned from my time at BUSM as a grad student, it was that they are EXTREMELY systematic

Caps for emphasis.

I had Dr. Stone, too. I didn't get a phone call, so I'm probably heading for the wait list (or late rejection). The wait for a decision continues...

If interviewers are calling at their leisure, he might continue calls tomorrow. Good Luck!

If interviewers are calling at their leisure, he might continue calls tomorrow. Good Luck!
Congrats on the acceptance. I am very jealous of you and the others who have gotten the good news. As someone who is interested in EM and Trauma, that is definitely the place to be in the region. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to join you, but if I'm not, I am glad to at least have had the chance to interview at the school.

I interviewed with Dr. Balady but I haven't gotten a call yet either.

I interviewed with Dr. Balady but I haven't gotten a call yet either.

I went back and looked at the January decisions, and it looks like Dr. Balady used email to contact his interviewees, and he sent them a day or two after initial calls started going out. Fingers crossed!!!

Anyone else waiting on or hear from Dr Witzburg? I get the feeling he probably made his calls yesterday, but I hope there are more coming!!!:xf:

Another day of waiting!!!!.....I wonder if more rejections will go out today?

I had Dr. Stone, too. I didn't get a phone call, so I'm probably heading for the wait list (or late rejection). The wait for a decision continues...

same here....until I hear..... I will keep playing the piano

Last edited:
I went back and looked at the January decisions, and it looks like Dr. Balady used email to contact his interviewees, and he sent them a day or two after initial calls started going out. Fingers crossed!!!

I got an email from Dr. Balady at 5:00 am with my congratulations - hopefully that's helpful information. Best of luck!!

So if Dr. Stone already called one person, will he possibly call others today? I mean the guy is pretty chill.

I got an email acceptance this morning. So there's another medium for them to tell us!

has anyone had any rejections today?
I wonder if all rejections have gone out and its just acceptances and waitlists?

For what it's worth, I heard back in January and received a call then from Dr. Ng. So, if you interviewed with her, she'll probably call you if accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.