2011-2012 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am going ahead and listing the interviewers who have contacted those who were accepted. Feel free to add on or ignore this post

Dr. Witzburg
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Balady
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Holick
Dr. Stone
Dr. Hassan

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted! I just received a short note from my interviewer. This is a big surprise as I felt that BU was by far my worst interview (I was really stilted and inarticulate). This entire process really is a crap shoot.

Would you min sharing who your interviewer was?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am going ahead and listing the interviewers who have contacted those who were accepted. Feel free to add on or ignore this post

Dr. Witzburg
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Balady
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Holick
Dr. Stone
Dr. Hassan

I appreciate it!

Dr. Witzburg
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Balady
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Holick
Dr. Stone
Dr. Hassan

Plus dr Christiansen

Dr. Witzburg
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Balady
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Holick
Dr. Stone
Dr. HassanDr Christiansen
Dr. Betances

Has more than one person heard from dr. Park?

was there anybody who got accepted but didn't get an open house invitation earlier in the morning?

Someone's gotta be the one who alphabetizes....

Dr. Balady
Dr. Berman
Dr. Betances
Dr. Christiansen
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Hassan
Dr. Holick
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Stone
Dr. Witzburg

I just read on last year's thread that some guy just emailed his interviewer and asked if he'd been accepted - thats so ballsy!

Someone's gotta be the one who alphabetizes....

Dr. Balady
Dr. Berman
Dr. Betances
Dr. Christiansen
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Hassan
Dr. Holick
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Stone
Dr. Witzburg

I just read on last year's thread that some guy just emailed his interviewer and asked - thats so ballsy!

Never found out what happened though

Members don't see this ad :)
No one got a call from Dr Heffner correct? That makes me feel better

Dr. Ng was my interviewer, great person! We had a really good time during our interview, and again BU is awesome for any of you planning to attend, and I'm very excited to have been accepted but I'm already set on going somewhere else. Best of luck all

Dr. Balady
Dr. Berman
Dr. Betances
Dr. Christiansen
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Hassan
Dr. Holick
Dr. Ng
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Stone
Dr. Witzburg

hi everyone,

i'm a current student at BUSM. i know what its like reading SDN and being in limbo and unsure of whats going on waiting for school to contact you back.

i've heard from classmates involved in admissions, that there are going to be a bunch of phone calls on april 9. so if you haven't heard yet, don't panic yet.

good luck with all your decisions!

I appreciate it!

hi everyone,

i'm a current student at BUSM. i know what its like reading SDN and being in limbo and unsure of whats going on waiting for school to contact you back.

i've heard from classmates involved in admissions, that there are going to be a bunch of phone calls on april 9. so if you haven't heard yet, don't panic yet.

Do they call people on any specific order? Btw thanks for the info

Seems like people got update emails on that Sunday in January (four days after initial calls went out). That'd make it Saturday for us if that trend holds true

Oh man, I completely forgot that BU sends out emails over the weekend! No time is safe!

There is no rest for the weary...

hi everyone,

Do you mean call with decisions, or students calling acceptees to see if they have any questions etc?

Wait, does this mean adcom is still deliberating who to accept from the remaining pool of interviewees?

Not to cause undue stress but I did get an acceptance call from Linda Heffner two days ago.

Wait, does this mean adcom is still deliberating who to accept from the remaining pool of interviewees?

I think what they are doing is waiting to see how many of the first accepted people will decline their acceptance so they can later give those acceptances to someone other people. This way they won't loose fewer good candidates from the waitlist because some of these people might just decline their position if they are put straight on the waitlist. I can't think of any other logical reason for this.

I think what they are doing is waiting to see how many of the first accepted people will decline their acceptance so they can later give those acceptances to someone other people. This way they won't loose fewer good candidates from the waitlist because some of these people might just decline their position if they are put straight on the waitlist. I can't think of any other logical reason for this.

But in order for a student to decline a position BU first has to make the offer on MyApplication / or mail them out...

Also:

Dr. Balady
Dr. Berman
Dr. Betances
Dr. Christiansen
Dr. Dasgupta
Dr. Hassan
Dr. Heffner
Dr. Holick
Dr. Ng
Dr. Park
Dr. Sarita Reyes
Dr. Stone
Dr. Witzburg

I got an acceptance letter in the mail today, so some snail mail has gone out.

Congrats!

Although, Im getting frustrated. They clearly know all of our decisions... whats with the delay in telling us?

Last edited:
I think there application status change is going to occur soon for those admitted students. And since that student said the 9th, I think that should be enough time for some admitted applicants to start declining. But who know's anyway, BU handles this whole part of the process strangely.

But in order for a student to decline a position BU first has to make the offer on MyApplication / or mail them out...

YAYYYY Accepted to BU, my dad found a large envelope waiting in the mail today (I live in Mass)!! It's my first acceptance I'm so happy :):)

YAYYYY Accepted to BU, my dad found a large envelope waiting in the mail today (I live in Mass)!! It's my first acceptance I'm so happy :):)

What an awesome 1st post! Congrats!

Annabanana - Congratulations on your acceptance!!!:) Didn't you also get a phone call the other day from your interviewer? And btw.....is your name Sarah? or maybe its Anna....you don't have to answer that if you don't want to!!
I am so anxious....this waiting is killing me:eek::eek::eek:

Haha my name is Anna! And yes I got a phone call from Dr. Witzburg on tuesday! Good luck!!!

Congrats anna! I would think updating status online would be faster that snail mail. Haha, this is really puzzling

To those who have been accepted: were you deferred or did you interview in "round 2"?

anna was deferred...obviously my neuroticism has led me to track other people's timelines

Congrats on your first acceptance! Who was your interviewer? Did he/she call you before you got the packet?

Haha my name is Anna! And yes I got a phone call from Dr. Witzburg on tuesday! Good luck!!!
So, when I was interviewed in January, my interviewer Dr. Dasgupta told me I would hear by email or telephone by the END of MARCH! that is this Saturday!

I don't think I can wait another week!:eek::eek::eek:

Congrats on your first acceptance! Who was your interviewer? Did he/she call you before you got the packet?

Thanks! I interviewed w/ Dr. Fitzgerald. She did not call before, I have only got the packet in the mail as of today!

For those of you who received a letter in the mail, was it sent to your current or permanent address?

Mine was sent to the address that I had on file on their application website which is my current address.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!Holy molly happiest day EVERRRRR!!!!!

Interviewed with Dr. Horner in Feb. Got the news from email!

Hang in there everybody!! this is my first acceptance so yours is coming!:D:D:D:D:xf:

Got a call this morning (2AM Hawaiian time) from Dr. Berman telling me I was accepted (unless I dreamed it:).
I thought the interview went so badly so it just goes to show that you never know!

Congrats! When did you interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.