2011-2012 University of North Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well vickpick looks like at least 2 more weeks ha

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is so boring and forever-taking!

I'm sure you will, the waiting game is a cruel game ha

has anyone gotten a call from the 9/14 interview group? wondering if our files didnt make it through the first meeting or if they decided to put my application on hold..

Got the phone call, I was accepted about 15 minutes ago.

Congrats! I'm hoping there's some UNC love left for me :)

So, I desperately hope its not like last year where they only made calls every other Monday.

i was in the 9/20 group and didn't hear anything, might not have gotten to us either?

BIG congrats, RM.

Looking at the 2010-2011 UNC thread, it appears that 2 people reported phone calls the 1st Monday last year. And in that thread, someone mentioned that in 2009-2010 only 1 person received a phone call the 1st night.

So, if one runs a regression analysis, adjusting the skewed data for the lack of data received from those applicants not in an an online forum, carrying it over to 2011-2012, and consulting numerology charts, the results indicate that we are within 1 standard deviation and perhaps can refrain from taking quick showers with the phone nearby. Interestingly, when tarot card methodology was implemented, there was a trend, though not reaching significance, of all data sources asymptotically approaching meaninglessness but with an increased possibility of romance.

I was the Traditional student that played hockey.

I was reading through some of UNC's online admissions reports and found something that seemed kinda strange, which you may find compelling and rich, Nado.

It reads: "Due to problems in the past, we have implemented stringent filters to exclude all hockey players. We will never, ever accept another hockey player. Ever."

Hey RJS, I was the old non-traditional applicant on 9/20. I was wearing Sex Panther, by Odeon. Which one were you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading through some of UNC's online admissions reports and found something that seemed kinda strange, which you may find compelling and rich, Nado.

It reads: "Due to problems in the past, we have implemented stringent filters to exclude all hockey players. We will never, ever accept another hockey player. Ever."

Hey RJS, I was the old non-traditional applicant on 9/20. I was wearing Sex Panther, by Odeon. Which one were you?

Hopefully those admission reports are incorrect ha. And great choice with the Sex Panther, I hear it's made with real bits of panther...so you know it's good. No way the admissions committee can dog after hitting them with that.

So my friend who goes here told me that admissions decisions depend on whether your interviewers are able to make it to the meeting, and not solely on chronological order or interview scheduling. So even if someone after you has heard a decision and you haven't, there is still hope :)

I interviewed on 9/12 and haven't heard anything yet, so my money is where my mouth is

i was in the 9/20 group and didn't hear anything, might not have gotten to us either?

So my friend who goes here told me that admissions decisions depend on whether your interviewers are able to make it to the meeting, and not solely on chronological order or interview scheduling. So even if someone after you has heard a decision and you haven't, there is still hope :)

I interviewed on 9/12 and haven't heard anything yet, so my money is where my mouth is

9/12 Whaddupp. Me too. And I didn't hear anything, not that surprised though, I'm not that smart.

I did hear that one girl from our interview group got accepted...

I'm thinking we are gonna get one RAD Halloween present, here's to a treat and not some trick.

9/12 Whaddupp. Me too. And I didn't hear anything, not that surprised though, I'm not that smart.

I'm thinking we are gonna get one RAD Halloween present, here's to a treat and not some trick.

Interviewed 9/12 as well. How did u hear that one girl got accepted?

through the good ole Facebook. My friend is friends with a girl from Science and Math that supposedly got in, and I think it was the girl in our interview group. I could be wrong.

I was the traditional applicant with the carolina blue tie, went to undergrad at UNC

through the good ole Facebook. My friend is friends with a girl from Science and Math that supposedly got in, and I think it was the girl in our interview group. I could be wrong.

Oooh the Asian girl. gotcha. congrats to her, and i hope the rest of us hear back soon too!

I've been trying to email an update letter to UNC, but it's been sent back twice. I tried sending it to Joni James and Randi Reid, but both were sent back with an error. I know the email addresses were correct. How have you guys been getting your updates to them?

I've been trying to email an update letter to UNC, but it's been sent back twice. I tried sending it to Joni James and Randi Reid, but both were sent back with an error. I know the email addresses were correct. How have you guys been getting your updates to them?

I was able send my thank you letter in fine. I also mailed a copy in.

Ok, thanks. I'm going to try again using that one, though I fairly certain I've tried the same one before. UNC doesn't want my email, lol.

Ok, thanks. I'm going to try again using that one, though I fairly certain I've tried the same one before. UNC doesn't want my email, lol.

try capital J's and without capital J's..

idk maybe it makes a diff..

You might have already tried this but just try responding to an email you received from one of them and changing the subject?

Who has gotten a secondary invite lately? When was your AMCAS verified?

I received a secondary invite October 10th. My AMCAS was verified mid-august. I'm a reapplicant, so sadly a secondary invite doesn't necessarily mean an interview. :(

Anyone know how often the reapp committee meets to dole out interviews?

Just got the secondary!

IS, 32Q and a 3.1 (I'm a biomedical engineering major if that makes a difference)

Carolina is my number one choice so needless to say, this made my day(week? month? year?)

Just got the secondary!

IS, 32Q and a 3.1 (I'm a biomedical engineering major if that makes a difference)

Carolina is my number one choice so needless to say, this made my day(week? month? year?)

+1 I'm shaking at work. Literally. Need to submit something really important for work. And I. Can't. Focus.

Just got the secondary!

when did you submit if you dont mind me asking? Im IS, its been a month, and I havent received a secondary. I dont know why bc Im getting interviews at OOS schools just as competitive as UNC >.<. Anyways.... congratz!!

Verified 9/30 and then got the "we have your application" email on 10/3.

I've only heard back from two other schools that screen for secondaries though, and I got rejected pre-secondary from Wake Forest on Friday if any of that helps stats wise.

You might have already tried this but just try responding to an email you received from one of them and changing the subject?

Just tried this method again, and once again, I got this:

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email protected]>:
Mail server for "med.unc.edu" unreachable for too long"

I've been trying for days. Maybe it's time to go the snail-mail route...but it's so slow!!! :( My update letter emails to all other schools have gone through just fine.

I think I'm going to try sending it from a different email address, my school address instead of my Yahoo address. They've received emails from my Yahoo address in the past with no issues, however, and it is my AMCAS email.

I sent an email to:

[email protected]

this morning just to make sure they had received everything (haven't heard from them in almost 2 months). Don't know if anyone read it, but it didn't bounce back. . .

Just tried this method again, and once again, I got this:

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email protected]>:
Mail server for "med.unc.edu" unreachable for too long"

I've been trying for days. Maybe it's time to go the snail-mail route...but it's so slow!!! :( My update letter emails to all other schools have gone through just fine.

try using capital J's. seriously.

Primary submitted 8/13, verified 9/16 and still not any contact whatsoever from UNC. No "we got your app" email...thoughts? I called 9/28 and they said everything was fine.

I didn't get a chance to post this sooner, but I got the call this past Monday too :soexcited:
I interviewed on 9/28, and I was super surprised b/c I wasn't expecting a call that soon. Maybe they aren't going in chronological order? :confused:
Anyway, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!! :luck:

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, from your username I assume you went to state, and for UNC to even allow you to interview means they really like you. We tend not to be very accepting of Wolfpackers-- if only because we're jealous that your mascot is not, in fact, a foot.

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, from your username I assume you went to state, and for UNC to even allow you to interview means they really like you. We tend not to be very accepting of Wolfpackers-- if only because we're jealous that your mascot is not, in fact, a foot.

UNC has nothing against NC State, NC State dislikes UNC... UNC's grudge is with Duke. Also more students last year entered UNC SOM from NC State than from UNC undergrad... at least according to one of the admissions officers I spoke with. It makes sense though after taking pre-med prereqs at both State and UNC because it is much easier to get As in those classes at State than at UNC (at least for me-- NOT trolling! :) ).

UNC has nothing against NC State, NC State dislikes UNC... UNC's grudge is with Duke. Also more students last year entered UNC SOM from NC State than from UNC undergrad... at least according to one of the admissions officers I spoke with. It makes sense though after taking pre-med prereqs at both State and UNC because it is much easier to get As in those classes at State than at UNC (at least for me-- NOT trolling! :) ).

I was just kidding, homes.

I laugh at your stupidity.

for those already accepted: did any of you have dr. brice or dr. roberts?

I plan on wearing a diaper for the next two months. Just in case UNC calls and offers an interview. Cause there is a 95% chance of me peeing my pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.