2011-2012 University of North Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
about what's it taking now to go from AMCAS acknowledgement to secondary invite?

For me, about 4 months.. so far. :( Sad day.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS Reapplicant, AMCAS acknowledgement on August 26.

Crossing my fingers that I'll get an interview. UNC is by far my first choice.

anyone have any thoughts to share on the interview day? I have mine tomorrow (first interview for me period) and haven't gotten any info from them since the initial invite. should I be expecting a schedule or the names of my interviewers before I get to campus tomorrow?

Nope you won't get any info until you arrive. The whole day is laid back with two conversational interviews...don't worry!

Does anyone know when we will hear about acceptances??? AHHHHHH waiting waiting waiting... Do they email? call?

Does anyone know when we will hear about acceptances??? AHHHHHH waiting waiting waiting... Do they email? call?

Call. I interviewed 10/03 so I don't think I'll hear just yet, but if you interviewed earlier you might get a call on Monday. And then, they call every two weeks. So, I expect to hear on 10/31 and if not then I assume a wait list.

This is nerve-wracking. I can't think about anything else lol

also, admissions said they're interviewing ~550 for the 180 spots this year (not sure if this has been said yet or not)

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take after your primary was verified to hear back?

I was verified 9/16 and haven't had any contact at all from UNC.

I got an email from them saying they had received my application, and would be reviewing it to determine if I got a secondary on August 24, but my MCAT scores weren't released until 9/13. Still no word. . .

Just to give you some idea about a timeframe.

How long did it take after your primary was verified to hear back?

I was verified 9/16 and haven't had any contact at all from UNC.

Sorry, really should have been more clear. Realized that my amcas did not say 'physics AND LAB' so I called UNC to see if there was anything I needed to do to rectify the error to avoid exclusion for not meeting requirements. I asked if UNC was still sending out secondaries and she said absolutely, they're nowhere near done, then she dropped that I'm marked to be receiving a secondary. She did say that they don't send a lot of secondaries to OOSers, and that the process is much slower for them. In my excitement I forgot to ask when I should see it in my inbox, but I will let you know as soon as I do. Verified 10/3

Bottom line, they're "nowhere near" done sending out secondaries, so no one is out of the game yet!!!

As a matter of curiosity - how many re-applicants have received secondaries thus far? I received mine last week and sent it back last night. Wondering how long the reapp review process takes before we find out about an interview.

Who's expecting in this thread?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

are you sure it's coming out today? do they tell you if you get deferred or do they not contact you at all?

I was reading through last year and most people got their calls late around 5pm. Hopefully some of us will hear something today.

I'm about ready to wet my pants with anxiety.

I inted 2 weeks ago so Im not sure if I'll hear.. will suck to wait 2 more weeks.. or worse, 6 more months.

I haven't done nearly enough secondaries, so this is sort of feels like all or nothing for me right now lol.

I haven't done nearly enough secondaries, so this is sort of feels like all or nothing for me right now lol.

you have a great profile. If you look at last years thread you'll see that people who find out on the first day are usually people who got 35 or more. You fall in the category so :thumbup: things are in your favor right now!!

Pray, pray, and pray!! haha..

are you going to withdraw from everywhere else after you get in there?

I interviewed 10/3 as well, you think we'll end up waiting until the next batch if/when to hear something?

Thanks for the encouragement! It looks like you have plenty more interviews on the horizon, so you must be a pretty awesome candidate!

This is definitely my top choice/dream school, so I will probably withdraw from everywhere else if I get in anytime soon.

Nado11, were you the guy traditional student, or the girl traditional student or the guy who sat to my right?

I interviewed 10/3 as well, you think we'll end up waiting until the next batch if/when to hear something?

I think so. If we hear something, it'll probably be 10/31. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Ahh that's too long lol. I'll have died of high-blood pressure by then. Nevertheless, I think that it's a good conservative estimate. My interviewer said 6-8 weeks, but definitely this fall.

I don't know how you guys do this. But i think i'm done for the day with this forum. Good luck to y'all who're expecting!!!! =)

I interviewed 9/20 so I'm right there with you guys!

...so they said 6-8 weeks from the date you interview is when you should hear something if you're accepted? And if you're not you just wait it out until...who knows?

I interviewed 9/20 so I'm right there with you guys!

...so they said 6-8 weeks from the date you interview is when you should hear something if you're accepted? And if you're not you just wait it out until...who knows?
My interviewer said that responses would definitely come out this fall, so I'm assuming we'll hear if we're waitlisted, rejected, etc.

^ Thanks, that's good to hear! Also kind of scary haha, but I guess it's better than waiting until spring. Good luck!

this is too nerve-wracking...it's like waiting for MCAT scores to come out EVERY TWO WEEKS

Don't give up yet, my interviewer said I was his first phone call of the night. I interviewed in early September, I think I was like the 2nd or 3rd interview day of the cycle.

If you don't mind answering, who did you interview with?

Status
Not open for further replies.