2013-2014 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG you did great!!! I scored a 7 on the PS ): I'm sure you'll get an invite!!!

Thanks, I sure hope so. Hope you do too!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, my status changed… It now says 'Preliminary Review Completed." hmmmmm

Mine says that too now, but weird since I turned it in yesterday and it says the preliminary review was done today (Sunday) at 8:30 pm...that was quick...hmmmm is right..FIU I love you..please don't break my heart...

Members don't see this ad :)
Preliminary Review complete! Submitted 7/19

That is so wierd because I submitted on 7/25 and my status changed to that the next morning. Could it be that they are just throwing out my app? Lol

That is so wierd because I submitted on 7/25 and my status changed to that the next morning. Could it be that they are just throwing out my app? Lol

That, or mine went on the pile of non-importance, lol.

Does anyone know when we can start expecting interviews from this school?

That, or mine went on the pile of non-importance, lol.

Haha. Well hopefully we both get II's lol. It just seems weird that i submitted both FAU and FIU the same day and FIU finished reviewing the next day and FAU is still reviewing. I may make a call tomorrow haha

Haha. Well hopefully we both get II's lol. It just seems weird that i submitted both FAU and FIU the same day and FIU finished reviewing the next day and FAU is still reviewing. I may make a call tomorrow haha

I received and submitted FAU's a few days before FIU and am still in review as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
II Today, in state, 3.85, 37, Non-trad.
I chose the 9/16; if anyone chose the same day, I look forward to meeting you :)

Great day! ii! Is 3.7 33

Congrats to all else! Cya in Miami!

Great day! ii! Is 3.7 33

Congrats to all else! Cya in Miami!

Congrats as well! I'm thinking of making it a trip. I've never been to Florida so if anyone has advice on some must sees while I'm there, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's to Sept 20th!!

So did mine and now I have an interview so a quick review is not necessarily bad : )

II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today IS cGPA & sGPA ~3.9/36
Complete 8/31 Primary Review 9/1 :love:

Anyone else just get a duplicate II email? I got my II awhile ago and just received the same II email again....weird

If only, lol. Preliminary review was completed 7/29, the wait is excruciating

Your telling me, I've been jumping at every phone call and email for a month now. Haven't received anything. I really want that first one to make me feel ok about my application. Can't imagine going through this multiple times.

Your telling me, I've been jumping at every phone call and email for a month now. Haven't received anything. I really want that first one to make me feel ok about my application. Can't imagine going through this multiple times.

At least you got an FSU invite today haha, congratulations!

Weird...I've been stuck at Preliminary Review Completed since 8/25 with no update since then. I submitted FAU around the same time and have already gotten an II with them but nothing with FIU

Has anyone interviewed yet who wants to shed some light on their experience?!? :)

Anyone interviewing this week?? Anyone interview yet??

Question: Why on earth is this school called Florida International University if they don't even consider any international students?

Question: Why on earth is this school called Florida International University if they don't even consider any international students?

The undergrad population is quite international.

Anxiously awaiting interview news : ) just got to my hotel in Fort Lauderdale for my Friday interview. Going to the keys tomorrow! Turned this one into a mini vacation yay.

Anxiously awaiting interview news : ) just got to my hotel in Fort Lauderdale for my Friday interview. Going to the keys tomorrow! Turned this one into a mini vacation yay.

Interview day went very well! It was a long day, but I felt I received all the info I would need to know if it was a good fit!

The day was very well organized. The students were very sweet and helpful. The tour was great except it was bad weather :/.

The interviews went well, I actually really enjoyed talking to my interviewers. It was probably the best interviews I've had thus far!

Seems like an amazing program and they're match list and step pass rates are all above the national avg so that's encouraging :).

Hope the weather is nicer for you all this Friday! Best of luck :).

Interview day went very well! It was a long day, but I felt I received all the info I would need to know if it was a good fit!

The day was very well organized. The students were very sweet and helpful. The tour was great except it was bad weather :/.

The interviews went well, I actually really enjoyed talking to my interviewers. It was probably the best interviews I've had thus far!

Seems like an amazing program and they're match list and step pass rates are all above the national avg so that's encouraging :).

Hope the weather is nicer for you all this Friday! Best of luck :).

Thank you for your response!!
Did they ask the standard questions like why us,why medicine, etc. or were the questions more ethical based? Well its raining right now and very very humid. ladies.. pack your extra hold hairspray lol Again, thank you!!