2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I applied in mid July, and was complete 8/10, would it be safe to assume that I was not offered an II? As my first choice, I kind of want to let go already.

It's really hard to say. I would assume you still have a chance until you receive an official rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete mid July and I have still not heard back from them. I will not lose hope until I get the rejection email

Reactions: 5 users
I finally got the completed application email today but I submitted my secondary in mid august.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yusssssssssssss. I just got my complete email. Submitted the secondary on 9/2. Now I can really start waiting...

Reactions: 2 users
:( they skipped me.

I doubt they're going in perfect chronological order. I am just going to tell myself that they got to me early because they are so excited to send me an II. Lol. :nod::xf:

Reactions: 1 users
@bearintraining For what it's worth I'm not wholly convinced the complete email is entirely by when you submitted it. I received my complete email maybe 1-2 weeks before people who submitted within 1/2 days of me.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary on 8/6, but my committee letter didn't go out until 9/10. Got my complete email on 10/2.

tfw yesterday Albert here finally marked me complete, finished on August 28th. lel. in my email, they were like "don't contact us"

Oh einstein,:rolleyes:

I submitted 8/18 and was marked complete 8/19... I wouldn't worry too much about when you're marked complete. They have your application, all we can do now is wait patiently and hope they view us favorably. This is the worst part of the app cycle but you're all gonna end up somewhere great! I believe in you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 8/18 and was marked complete 8/19... I wouldn't worry too much about when you're marked complete. They have your application, all we can do now is wait patiently and hope they view us favorably. This is the worst part of the app cycle but you're all gonna end up somewhere great! I believe in you!
Ditto. I submitted late July and was marked complete the same day. Einstein is in the top 15 for most applicants. Figure I'll just ride this train until they tell me to get off or upgrade me to first-class.

how is einstein for merit scholarships?

Quite good, actually. A significant proportion of matriculants get at least some merit scholarship through what is called the 'Service and Research Scholarship.' I know people who were offered as much as 160K over 4 years, and there are probably a few more people with even more generous packages than that.

Obviously this is all speculation, but in my opinion the interview is extremely important here. They really want to know why this is a good fit for you. I think that is why they strongly encourage LOI's if you get placed on the HPWL and you feel this is the school for you, it actually does help.

I think it was mentioned already, but just to reiterate, there is a significant likelihood that an individual on the HPWL will ultimately get accepted. I've heard stories of people confirming interest after an HPWL offer and being offered a seat within hours of sending the email.

Why is their portal so useless? No wonder they're constantly having to email to say "don't call the office for status checks."

Lady emailed me today saying they were already filling up January with interviews.... But they interview from Mid September to April.

Getting pretty nervous.... :p

Marked complete finally. Submitted 8/31

Reactions: 2 users
Lady emailed me today saying they were already filling up January with interviews.... But they interview from Mid September to April.

Getting pretty nervous.... :p

doesn't look too pretty out there...

Anyone flying in to Laguardia tomorrow want to split taxi fare to the Bronx?

Got complete email today. Submitted in late September.

I just received a complete email as well after submitting my secondary 9/11 - wonder why it took them so long! Fingers crossed...

Withdrew today. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey, does anyone know if Einstein accepts application update?

I submitted an update pre-interview to this email: [email protected], and received a response saying it was added to my file, although I suppose that doesn't include whether they will look at it now or if I get an II.

are we allow to send in a new letter of recommendation as a post-interview update? I didnt ask my current boss at the time of application to write me a letter of rec because ive only been working there for 3 months, but now it has been 8 months, can i send them a new letter of recommendation? I already had my interview

Ahhh ****, I guess they need a letter from a science professor outside my major. I doubt my intro science teachers are going to remember me, as I took their classes in 2008 and 2009.........:shrug:

Last edited:
Are they receptive to pre-interview updates? Can't find anything on their website pertaining to it

Are they receptive to pre-interview updates? Can't find anything on their website pertaining to it

I've previously had acknowledgements from [email protected] after sending an update. Whether they actually consider it, is a different question though.

just curious how you went about this- did you attach a PDF to the email? and did the office tell you to use that specific address? thanks! :)

just curious how you went about this- did you attach a PDF to the email? and did the office tell you to use that specific address? thanks! :)
I emailed the admissions email address and had a PDF, unless its a short thing like an ITA

Were your guys' complete emails anything other than,
"You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine."

Were your guys' complete emails anything other than,
"You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine."

I got that email right after submitting my secondary. But then about 2 months later, I got an email that said:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2016 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

My understanding is that the email you mentioned is just a "your secondary is complete" email, not a "your file is complete email."

I got that email right after submitting my secondary. But then about 2 months later, I got an email that said:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2016 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

I understanding is that the email you mentioned is just a "your secondary is complete" email, not a "your file is complete email."
Ahh okay thank you!

Is Albert Einstein open to in the area emails?

Ah, just received the actual "complete email." Submitted my secondary 09/21.. Does it take a significant amount of time to get look at after this? Or what's the consensus on that?

Seems like the last people who reported getting an II received the complete email at the end of july/beginning of August. And the IIs happened at the end of October. guesstimating from that, it's about 3 months between the complete email and potentially getting an II.

Just FYI in case it helps anyone: I sent an update to Einstein yesterday in a pdf attachment (since that's what other schools had asked for) and got an email back today saying that they only accept updates in the body of an email or as a word doc. In any case, it does seem like they're looking at updates, at least in theory! :xf:

Reactions: 7 users