2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! Submitted 8/31, marked complete 10/28. Earliest dates are in January. IS 3.6/36

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Just FYI in case it helps anyone: I sent an update to Einstein yesterday in a pdf attachment (since that's what other schools had asked for) and got an email back today saying that they only accept updates in the body of an email or as a word doc. In any case, it does seem like they're looking at updates, at least in theory! :xf:
what email did you send it to?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Lizzy M high 60s, non-trad.

Thank you! First II, so I am really relieved and excited. I submitted my secondary 9/10 and received the complete email 11/4.

Reactions: 8 users
Hoping for some II love from Einstein today

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I'll be interviewing in a couple of weeks and wanted to ask, what's the best way to get to Albert Einstein from LaGuardia airport? I'll be flying in quite early the day before so I won't be in any rush; I'd probably prefer the cheapest method. I'll be landing in the early afternoon, if that helps. Thanks so much! :)

Hey guys! I'll be interviewing in a couple of weeks and wanted to ask, what's the best way to get to Albert Einstein from LaGuardia airport? I'll be flying in quite early the day before so I won't be in any rush; I'd probably prefer the cheapest method. I'll be landing in the early afternoon, if that helps. Thanks so much! :)
Taxi is by far the easiest. Public transportation is bad out of LGA and not very good immediately around Einstein. You can avoid a lot of stress by just taking a cab and hanging out at an Italian cafe in the area while you wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Taxi is by far the easiest. Public transportation is bad out of LGA and not very good immediately around Einstein. You can avoid a lot of stress by just taking a cab and hanging out at an Italian cafe in the area while you wait.
I agree with pageantry public transportation from the LGA is extra stressful. I am from NYC and getting to Einstein can be difficult because not many trains go directly there. Just take a cab so you don't stress about making it on time.

I agree with pageantry public transportation from the LGA is extra stressful. I am from NYC and getting to Einstein can be difficult because not many trains go directly there. Just take a cab so you don't stress about making it on time.

Thank you both! Would you happen to have a rough idea of what the fares are, one way?

Members don't see this ad :)
Turquoise's estimate sounds about right to me, after tip and toll.

Thank you both! Would you happen to have a rough idea of what the fares are, one way?
It was around $40 for me from AECOM to LGA. So I would assume the same going the other way. You might also want to look into Uber but I don't know how it works with tolls.

II!!! One of my top choices!!! Complete mid October!

II. Can not believe it... Came right after a rejection from Hofstra..lol

Reactions: 12 users
Congrats. Hate to be that guy, can you all share your complete date?

I want one soooooo bad! I got my complete email on October 29th, so do you guys think I'll hear from them one way or the other over the next couple of weeks?

Reactions: 2 users
I want one soooooo bad! I got my complete email on October 29th, so do you guys think I'll hear from them one way or the other over the next couple of weeks?

I feel you!! Really hoping for an II

hey are you guys all in-state residents? if you care to share if you are IN/OOS--LizzyM--Complete Date (all in one post) and also maybe what day you are interviewing and what days (range of days) were available when you signed up?? that would reallllllly help me... and I highly doubt I am speaking for just myself. We all want to see if we compare in the least bit to you awesome people and that way we can have expectations grounded in reality! thank you! CONGRATULATIONS!

If you have a smartphone, use the map app and switch it over from the "car" mode to "public transport/walking". I arrived pretty early the day before my interview and used Google maps to route me to Manhattan. I explored the city and then took another bus to get to my host's apartment in the Bronx in the late afternoon. Be sure to fill up your MetroCard with a good amount of money and give yourself plenty of time to travel.

hey are you guys all in-state residents? if you care to share if you are IN/OOS--LizzyM--Complete Date (all in one post) and also maybe what day you are interviewing and what days (range of days) were available when you signed up?? that would reallllllly help me... and I highly doubt I am speaking for just myself. We all want to see if we compare in the least bit to you awesome people and that way we can have expectations grounded in reality! thank you! CONGRATULATIONS!
Im IN, lizziM <70, nontrad, complete on 10/16, for me earliest date was jan 11 and tons of jan dates after that.

I just got an interview here!! Pretty excited.. because it was totally unexpected.
Submitted my Primary on 7/14
Completed my Secondary on 8/23
Application Complete & ready for review 10/20
Interview invite 11/20
(its really funny, I chose the date of my interview to be 1/20, solely because the fact that my bday is 8/20.... haha..) everything is on the 20th!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an interview here!! Pretty excited.. because it was totally unexpected.
Submitted my Primary on 7/14
Completed my Secondary on 8/23
Application Complete & ready for review 10/20
Interview invite 11/20
(its really funny, I chose the date of my interview to be 1/20, solely because the fact that my bday is 8/20.... haha..) everything is on the 20th!
Did the interview invite come today or yesterday ( please say yesterday so I'm not checking my inbox all day today).

I'd love some II love, Einstein.

Pretty please?

I've been complete 7/10. Do they do outright or silent rejections here?

INTERVIEW MEEEEEE :( Want to stay in NY so badly

II just now!

Complete 8/3, LizzyM ~73, OOS, I'm also a reapplicant from the 2013-2014 cycle

II!!
Complete email 8/11. Really thought that I didn't have a chance anymore here.

II complete ~8/18. IS. Dates starting late Jan for me.

II today (Complete 8/18), but I am withdrawing my application! Hopefully it goes to one of you fellow SDNers ;) Good luck, guys! <3

-Meow

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
II now, complete in mid-Aug. Does anyone have thoughts on the optional "special interest" meeting in addition to the interview?

I thought they had been going in chronological order, but it looks like they've jumped back two months to send out II's.

I thought they had been going in chronological order, but it looks like they've jumped back two months to send out II's.
Someone told me they go in chronological order for applications they "know" they want to interview until the application deadline closes. At which point they spend time to rank all the remaining applications and then send out II's chronologically to the individuals "ranked" high enough. Just what someone who goes there told me, not sure how true it is.

I was wondering if anyone who has interviews coming up would like to do a mock interview session over Skype. We'd interview each other and provide feedback and advice. I've done a couple of these already with people form SDN and they seem to be very mutually beneficial. PM me if you're interested and we can set something up soon!
Dude, how many threads are you going to post this on? Why not just start your own thread for mock interviews....

Reactions: 6 users
I was wondering if anyone who has interviews coming up would like to do a mock interview session over Skype. We'd interview each other and provide feedback and advice. I've done a couple of these already with people form SDN and they seem to be very mutually beneficial. PM me if you're interested and we can set something up soon!
It's spamming my notifications. Please stop posting this on multiple threads.

Reactions: 3 users