2015 PHAP application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ill be moving from atlanta ga..where I recently moved to after graduating may 2014

Wow, I live in Atlanta, GA too if I go to Miami too we should definitely link up!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Some people on here said they received an email last week with a video from the cdc director and today people have stated receiving other emails about associates experience in the phap. I think that is what they are referring to.
I received both of the e-mails.

Wow, I live in Atlanta, GA too if I go to Miami too we should definitely link up!!!
Sure we can definitely link up..keep me posted in your placement..(speaking it into existence)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Miami FL, and definitely recommend the Kendall area. If you get placed in Miami, the commute from FT Lauderdale or Broward County in general is not recommendable (in case anyone was wondering). It's about an hour away (on a good day) and rush hour traffic is absolutely ridiculous. Having a car in most cities can be seen as a luxury or unnecessary expense. In Miami it is borderline a necessity. I have heard nothing but bad things about the public transportation here.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm from Miami FL, and definitely recommend the Kendall area. If you get placed in Miami, the commute from FT Lauderdale or Broward County in general is not recommendable (in case anyone was wondering). It's about an hour away (on a good day) and rush hour traffic is absolutely ridiculous. Having a car in most cities can be seen as a luxury or unnecessary expense. In Miami it is borderline a necessity. I have heard nothing but bad things about the public transportation here.

The commute is not recommendable in a car because the traffic on I95 is ridiculous and people drive horrible here. My dad takes the Tri Rail and he says this is better than sitting in traffic for an hour. It's not ideal, but it works. You're right though... a car is a necessity in Florida.

Hello all-

Long time follower of this blog, first time poster. I was just accepted to the PHAP program for 2015. I will be placed in Chicago. I was becoming very worried because so many people had received offers and I had not, but to all of you who have not heard yet...be patient and do not give up!!! I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting you all in October :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all-

Long time follower of this blog, first time poster. I was just accepted to the PHAP program for 2015. I will be placed in Chicago. I was becoming very worried because so many people had received offers and I had not, but to all of you who have not heard yet...be patient and do not give up!!! I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting you all in October :)

Congratulations! Did you get a call or email today? I had assumed that they took the weekend off.

Congratulations! Did you get a call or email today? I had assumed that they took the weekend off.
My Hr person was working overtime (evenings) so I wouldn't be surprised if they were calling on the weekends!

I thought so too! I guess they must be working overtime to get all the offers out. I got a call, which I answered, and right after the call the HR rep sent me the confirmation email with my tentative offer letter. & Thank you! I am very excited!!

Still waiting here in NJ. I refuse to give up hope. It's only been less than a week that offers starting coming in. To all that have accepted CONGRATS! To all that are being tortured like me, stay strong. No matter what we are all rock stars for getting this far in the process! :highfive:

I thought so too! I guess they must be working overtime to get all the offers out. I got a call, which I answered, and right after the call the HR rep sent me the confirmation email with my tentative offer letter. & Thank you! I am very excited!!

If you don't mind sharing, can you post the offer letter?

Hey everyone this is the first time I'm posting. I received a call today around noon and will be going to Boulder, Colorado. I got the email after the call. I'm super excited and if anyone gets placed in that area too let me know! For everyone who hasn't been contacted yet keep your hopes up. Theres still time! Good luck to everyone :)

If you get posted/assigned to Reno, Nevada let me know. New place for me and hope to meet others. Hopefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I missed few telephone calls last week and now wonder if there could one among them from HR of PHAP. Is there anybody here who recieved the email without phone call?

Hello, question for those who have received offers.......does your PHAP application status still read "application is still being reviewed" or has it been updated to accepted or offered?
Thank you

Hello, question for those who have received offers.......does your PHAP application status still read "application is still being reviewed" or has it been updated to accepted or offered?
Thank you
I've accepted my offer and my PHAP application still says "application is still being reviewed"

Hi everyone. I missed few telephone calls last week and now wonder if there could one among them from HR of PHAP. Is there anybody here who recieved the email without phone call?
I received my offer via email and didnt' get a phone call.

Thank you
Do you mean in the Phap registration site or in usajobs.gov?

PHAP registration site.......... has it also updated in USA JOBS

For those of you who have accepted the offer... Did you get a response after replying to that email? I just want to make sure that they know that I'm accepting!

PHAP registration site.......... has it also updated in USA JOBS
I just checked both it hasn't updated on either site..on my usajobs.gov it still just days referred..On my Phal FMS it still says application is still being reviewed

For those of you who have accepted the offer... Did you get a response after replying to that email? I just want to make sure that they know that I'm accepting!
I didn't get a reply but I was sent information about where to send my official transcript

Has anyone who listed the Pacific Northwest (Seattle) CDC region as their first preference heard back? (Oh, the anticipation!)

Has anyone who listed the Pacific Northwest (Seattle) CDC region as their first preference heard back? (Oh, the anticipation!)
I listed pacific NW and haven't heard back... seems like they are really working to get all offers out there. Good luck.

New week, new possibilities! *fingers crossed*

Good luck y'all!

Still waiting on my location in Florida....does anyone have a contact number for HR? I need to cal and speak with someone, I am supposed to accpet/decline the offer by today.

Hello everyone! Just received an offer for New Orleans. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting on my location in Florida....does anyone have a contact number for HR? I need to cal and speak with someone, I am supposed to accpet/decline the offer by today.

Human Resources (civil service) Help Desk – 770-488-1725 or [email protected]

Provides HR Call Center service to customers for HHS job applications, DFAS, Payroll, Benefits, HR System (E-Inductions) and more. You may also refer to the FAQs.

I think they are doing the notifications by Region or by state as all of those who were placed in Florida seemed to be notified the same day.

Good morning everyone. So the anticipation continues here in NJ. My question is in this forum, what is the time zone? I'm on EST. :thinking:

Human Resources (civil service) Help Desk – 770-488-1725 or [email protected]

Provides HR Call Center service to customers for HHS job applications, DFAS, Payroll, Benefits, HR System (E-Inductions) and more. You may also refer to the FAQs.

Thank you so much, I found out who my HR rep is.

I received my offer today in the afternoon. A phone call first late in the afternoon and then the email. Phone call was from (414) area code. It was HR from cdc atl. Im going to Queens, NY. It was not my first choice state (within region) but it was my first choice region.

Hi!

I am a current associate living in NYC and working in Queens. I didn't select NYC at all when I applied so it was definitely an adjustment. If you have any questions I would be glad to help!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi!

I am a current associate living in NYC and working in Queens. I didn't select NYC at all when I applied so it was definitely an adjustment. If you have any questions I would be glad to help!

Do you feel like your salary allowed you to live comfortably? Do you live alone or with roomates?

I'm kind of hoping it's not by region, since all my preferences were northeast and they seem to be blowing through those.... Aye aye aye. Another week! Here we go!

Do you feel like your salary allowed you to live comfortably? Do you live alone or with roomates?

I do have a roommate, another PHAP. It is tight...but it is doable and I do live comfortably. It took some dedication searching for a place. There are a number of PHAPS in NYC though and we are all able to make it work.

Okay, I'm going to Tampa, FL ....anyone have any information!!! I've been there once to go on a cruise lol

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. Incase I am offered a PHAP position, I would have to choose between the position and grad school. My questions are mostly geared towards current/former associates, but anyone feel free to pitch in advice.

1) Do the experiences/connections provided by PHAP really outweigh those offered by grad schools like Hopkins and Emory, in terms of job opportunity after the program?
2) How feasible is it to do PHAP and a part time master's simultaneously?

There are PHAPs that are working on a masters part-time but they say it is definitely challenging as it would be with any full-time job and school. Most of them waited until their second year to start though. I actually chose grad school over PHAP 2 years ago and then applied again when I was graduating just because everything I am interested in requires a masters so I wanted to get it out of the way. But like someone else said it depends on the types of experiences you are looking for and what your long-term goals are.

I replied to the offer email with my full name like they stated but I'm confused on where to send my transcript. It didn't have any links set up in the email. Anyone else having this problem? Maybe I will just call HR.

Also anyone else placed in Boulder? It would be great to find a roommate :)

Hey all first time posting but I just got a call and email from HR and got offered a spot in Bolling Green Kentucky.

Hello All!

I am a 2014 PHAP currently located in Marysville, Ohio. Good luck to all of the applicants waiting on offers! Best advice I can give at this point is BE PATIENT. The process is long and grueling, I know. If anyone has any questions, needs advice, etc. I'm happy to help! And if anyone is placed in Ohio let me know so we can connect!

Best wishes to all,
Kandyce

I replied to the offer email with my full name like they stated but I'm confused on where to send my transcript. It didn't have any links set up in the email. Anyone else having this problem? Maybe I will just call HR.

Also anyone else placed in Boulder? It would be great to find a roommate :)
Hey on your tentative offer letter that is attached there is an address on Buford highway..that is where you have your university send the transcript

Hey on your tentative offer letter that is attached there is an address on Buford highway..that is where you have your university send the transcript

Thanks so much! Did you also see on the letter that we need to submit Declaration of Federal Employment (OF-306) by June 17 (that is my due date). I don't know where I'm supposed to get that form or who I submit it to.

Thanks so much! Did you also see on the letter that we need to submit Declaration of Federal Employment (OF-306) by June 17 (that is my due date). I don't know where I'm supposed to get that form or who I submit it to.
The email that is supposed to be sent after you accept the offer is to the on boarding system..there is where your forms are..I received a reply to my email after I accepted the offer stating I would be sent those forms today. My deadline is not until June 19th though

Just received my official offer and I'm moving to Phoenix, Arizona !! Congrats to everyone who got accepted ! If anyone else is placed there pleaseeee contact me or if anyone lives there now, I would love some advice !

The email that is supposed to be sent after you accept the offer is to the on boarding system..there is where your forms are..I received a reply to my email after I accepted the offer stating I would be sent those forms today. My deadline is not until June 19th though
Oh okay I get it now. I was just confused because I haven't received a reply since I accepted the offer. I'm sure it will make more sense once I get that second email. Thanks again :)

Long time lurker as many of you just accepted my offer put PNW region as my number one got it, but not in the city i wanted. Just took the offer anyways so excited for the adventure that awaits me these next two years! Good luck to you all!