2015 PHAP application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my official offer and I'm moving to Phoenix, Arizona !! Congrats to everyone who got accepted ! If anyone else is placed there pleaseeee contact me or if anyone lives there now, I would love some advice !

You will be fine in Phoenix. Besides the heat.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Long time lurker as many of you just accepted my offer put PNW region as my number one got it, but not in the city i wanted. Just took the offer anyways so excited for the adventure that awaits me these next two years! Good luck to you all!
Good to know that the PNW offers are coming in already! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
I received my tentative offer today from a 770 area code around 1 pm. Looks like I will be moving to Kannapolis, North Carolina from Tennessee! If anyone else gets placed here, please message me so we can possibly find a place together! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone send their transcript yet? Did you send through the email [to the HR] or mail it?

Hey on your tentative offer letter that is attached there is an address on Buford highway..that is where you have your university send the transcript

I saw the address but how did you know that we need to mail it to that address. I open the attached word document but there were no direction to either mail or email them. plz help thanks

Just got an offer in Auburn, CA! the wait is over for me! Good luck to everyone else!! :D

Pretty sure it's not by region at this point... Phew! Back to waiting patiently.

Reactions: 2 users
It's madness! I wish I knew what the process for extending offers is because it doesn't seem to make any sense.

Well, except for the obvious -- they're extending offers to the top candidates and then working their way down the list from there :whoa:

:luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got offered Modesto, CA. Anyone else going/is already placed there?

Congrats to all who have already been offered spots! For those waiting, I have no way of knowing for sure, but I'd guess more offers will be going out. I just wanted to post this little bit of advice that I put up last year:
First off, you're all going to have very different experiences at your hostsites (assignments, scopes, office dynamics) and you can't control too much of it. But you can control how you react. For me the most important pieces were being flexible, humble, and confident. Success might mean meeting very high expectations while also being able to recognize that the people working around you have significantly more experience than you. Also remember you made it through a very competitive process to be here, so you're pretty great!

First time poster here. For the 2014 class - did they send out notifications if you were rejected? I called the PHAP office last week and it sounded like they did not know offers were being handed out. The person I spoke with simply stated what the interviewer had told me (2 month range).

Also, for those of you that have received your offers - do you know if they contacted your references?

Has anyone considered contacting HR to personally ask if you were offered a position as a PHA because you're worried that another full time job opportunity you're confident you'll get will be gone? Not going to lie, I thought about doing so this week but I think I'll give it another week and a half...

Hi all,

Congratulations to everyone who got an official offer!! Exciting right?! First time poster here! I was offered a position this morning located in Philadelphia! If anyone got an offer in the Philly area let's connect!! Also, if anyone is from Philly or close by what's a good area to look for apartments?

Has anyone considered contacting HR to personally ask if you were offered a position as a PHA because you're worried that another full time job opportunity you're confident you'll get will be gone? Not going to lie, I thought about doing so this week but I think I'll give it another week and a half...
I called HR. According to the woman I spoke to my application status said "awaiting selection decision". I have no clue what that means. Grrrr

This is a difficult situation. Remember they also said during the interview they will be offering positions until August. I would say accept the job you have now and negotiate later????

When people say "offical letter" do they mean tentative offer letter?

I think the "official letter" you get after you complete PHAP webinars prior to EOD

If not, did you hear from the security clearance? What is the next step?

does anyone know what is included in the security background check?
Nothing special, same as other background check. Do you have a specific question? I have done it already. You should also see it on the onboarding email login. Once you login, you can see all 19 forms you need to complete. I think there are few that you won't be able to submit until you finish the orientation. I think we need more information about the froms to fill out. My HR said those will be due in August and I shouldn't be worried. The most important one is the background check that you should submit ASAP. I hope this helps :)

I called HR. According to the woman I spoke to my application status said "awaiting selection decision". I have no clue what that means. Grrrr
What was your question you asked her about that she said your status is awaiting a selection decision?

According to a VA website, that means the HR manager has a list and they're making decisions. But if they're already giving out offers then the decisions have been made :(

According to a VA website, that means the HR manager has a list and they're making decisions. But if they're already giving out offers then the decisions have been made :(

Don't worry, that could mean nothing -- don't count yourself out! Even if they have the list and have made their decisions it doesn't mean that they have reached out to everyone. Don't give in to negative thoughts!

Last edited:
Nothing special, same as other background check. Do you have a specific question? I have done it already. You should also see it on the onboarding email login. Once you login, you can see all 19 forms you need to complete. I think there are few that you won't be able to submit until you finish the orientation. I think we need more information about the froms to fill out. My HR said those will be due in August and I shouldn't be worried. The most important one is the background check that you should submit ASAP. I hope this helps :)
I haven't received my onboarding email login yet, I know the declaration of federal employment (OF-306) is due in a couple days for me so I just found the form online and sent it to my HR advisor via email, is that how you sent yours?

My advisory has barely sent me any information other than my tentative 3 page letter. Did your advisor send you a username or any login information for the onboarding system?

I haven't received my onboarding email login yet, I know the declaration of federal employment (OF-306) is due in a couple days for me so I just found the form online and sent it to my HR advisor via email, is that how you sent yours?

My advisory has barely sent me any information other than my tentative 3 page letter. Did your advisor send you a username or any login information for the onboarding system?

You submit that form via the onboarding system. Your HR rep should have sent you another email that has a link on where to set up your account. If they haven't contacted you yet just send an email saying you need your login instructions :)

My proccess was like this:
1) HR called to offer the position
2) Few minutes later I received 3 e-mails
I. The email with two attachments, a tentative offer letter [word doc] and a PDF with the PHAP general info
II. USAJOBSTAFF invite to with login that expires within 72 hrs
III. USAJOBSTAFF with the forms that needs to be complited, an the webpage that you will need to login to fill out those forms.

Did you have the same structured emails?
What does your 3-page letter contains?

I don't think it is a good idea to find the form online and fill out. You should do it under the specific wage page to make sure the HR has received it.

Double check your emails. The email expires within 72 hours. If that is the case for you, e-mail the HR and she/he will reactivate again for you.

You should find all the forms in this web page. https://onboarding.usastaffing.gov one you have your login info

My proccess was like this:
1) HR called to offer the position
2) Few minutes later I received 3 e-mails
I. The email with two attachments, a tentative offer letter [word doc] and a PDF with the PHAP general info
II. USAJOBSTAFF invite to with login that expires within 72 hrs
III. USAJOBSTAFF with the forms that needs to be complited, an the webpage that you will need to login to fill out those forms.

Did you have the same structured emails?
What does your 3-page letter contains?

I don't think it is a good idea to find the form online and fill out. You should do it under the specific wage page to make sure the HR has received it.

Double check your emails. The email expires within 72 hours. If that is the case for you, e-mail the HR and she/he will reactivate again for you.

You should find all the forms in this web page. https://onboarding.usastaffing.gov one you have your login info
I only received one email after the initial call, the email I received was the tentative letter word doc attachment.

I have emailed her 3 times already so I'll call right now to make sure I have all the paperwork together, my advisor is not as on top of her work as yours is haha. Thank you both to responding to my questions !

Human Resources (civil service) Help Desk – 770-488-1725 or [email protected]

Provides HR Call Center service to customers for HHS job applications, DFAS, Payroll, Benefits, HR System (E-Inductions) and more. You may also refer to the FAQs.

http://intranet.cdc.gov/od/hcrmo/html/hcrmo/contact.html
First time poster here. For the 2014 class - did they send out notifications if you were rejected? I called the PHAP office last week and it sounded like they did not know offers were being handed out. The person I spoke with simply stated what the interviewer had told me (2 month range).

No CDC doesn't send out rejections unfortunately :( I'm in the 2014 class in Baltimore if anyone gets placed there let me know- you may be working alongside me! :)

Hi all! Congratulations to everyone that received an offer! I was just offered a position in Portsmouth, VA. If you also get assigned there let me know and if anyone is from the area I would appreciate any helpful info!

I only received one email after the initial call, the email I received was the tentative letter word doc attachment.

I have emailed her 3 times already so I'll call right now to make sure I have all the paperwork together, my advisor is not as on top of her work as yours is haha. Thank you both to responding to my questions !

Do you know if they contacted your references?

Just got a call at 7:00pm est I am in Florida and I got Little Rock, AK. I am happy for the opportunity, but unfortunately I have to decline. I hope this increases the odds for everyone waiting for a call.

I was also told what area I would be working with and with who, if anyone was interested. Has this been the consensus for those who have received offers?

I was also told what area I would be working with and with who, if anyone was interested. Has this been the consensus for those who have received offers?
I was just told the city. They said more info will be provided after orientation has taken place. I wish i knew more.

Hi all! Congratulations to everyone that received an offer! I was just offered a position in Portsmouth, VA. If you also get assigned there let me know and if anyone is from the area I would appreciate any helpful info!
Congratulations. I am from the Portsmouth VA area. Let me know if you have any questions

Hello everyone! Just received an offer for New Orleans. Good luck!

I received my offer for New Orleans as well!! Congrats!! Where are you living now?

First post! I've been following this forum for a while now, though. I received my offer yesterday, and will be relocating to New Orleans. Anyone else receive an offer for New Orleans?

Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer, thus far! ;)

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, but all of you have kept me sane through this looooong process. To everyone still waiting, calls are still coming in! I got a call today -- placement in the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support in Richmond, Va. Slightly concerned because their role seems to be different than that of a health department, and they didn't say what I would be doing. There don't seem to be any current PHAPs placed there either, at least in 2014. Anyone else going there/ know anything about this office?

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, but all of you have kept me sane through this looooong process. To everyone still waiting, calls are still coming in! I got a call today -- placement in the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support in Richmond, Va. Slightly concerned because their role seems to be different than that of a health department, and they didn't say what I would be doing. There don't seem to be any current PHAPs placed there either, at least in 2014. Anyone else going there/ know anything about this office?

Congrats! OSTLTS is the office of the CDC that PHAP is under. So in everyone's offer letters it'll say the position is with OSTLTS, in whatever location you were placed (Richmond for you). You should find out later where exactly you are place...likely a health department in Richmond.

Hello! First time posting. This thread has helped me with a lot of my questions.
Today I got my offer for Pikeville, KY. If anyone knows anything about this location, let me know. I'm so excited to start my PHAP experience!
I was only sent one email today, which was the tentative job offer.

I'm placed in Richmond as well!

I read 2014 forum...there are more to come. This process takes the whole year...almost.

Hi! First time poster! I got a call and email tonight for an offer in LA, California! This was in my first choice region! Anyone else placed in LA? Let me know!! I'm going to be moving there and don't know anyone!

Hi! First time poster! I got a call and email tonight for an offer in LA, California! This was in my first choice region! Anyone else placed in LA? Let me know!! I'm going to be moving there and don't know anyone!

LA is awesome but kinda expensive! I think there are lots of PHAP placed in LA so maybe you'll hear from them soon!
On the other hand, if anybody knows anything about Auburn, CA, let me know! haha..