2018-2019 Hofstra University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate of Hofstra? I can’t seem to find it anywhere

Members don't see this ad.

II this week, IS complete early July

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Logged on to my portal and it shows my three letter of recommendations have been received but the portal is not updated, should it give it a day or two before calling?

II as well! LM 77 OOS complete 7/14 :)

Reactions: 2 users
just received an II! complete 8/5 :)

Reactions: 4 users
anyone know if it's better to interview early (september/early october) or does this not really affect your chances?

II received! In-state, complete 7/23

Last edited:
II on 8/16! Complete on 8/09

Very excited about this school!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already scheduled my interview and can no longer see the other available dates. I'm hoping to reschedule this interview because of conflicts. Can anyone with an II who hasn't scheduled yet please tell me which dates are available?

Thank you!

Hey guys, I received an II from Stony Brook the other day. Would it be a bad idea to send Hofstra an “in the area” notification?

II today, OOS but currently have a gap year job in NYC. Excited to not have to book a flight!!

I've finished all my apps but my neurotic self feels the need to add more schools at this point. Would it be too late to add this school? I'd add them on AMCAS & the secondary is basically pre-written at this point..

I've finished all my apps but my neurotic self feels the need to add more schools at this point. Would it be too late to add this school? I'd add them on AMCAS & the secondary is basically pre-written at this point..
The longer you wait, the worse your chances are. Time is of the essence.

Anyone here go on an interview yet? I have it coming up and its my first one so i'm hella nervous lol

Anyone here go on an interview yet? I have it coming up and its my first one so i'm hella nervous lol
Today is the first day of interviews. Good luck to any of you interviewing today/ this week!

Reactions: 1 users
if anyone is also interviewing on 9/20 and wants a friend PM me lol

II here! Complete 7/17. OOS, LM79. Have never been this far east! super pumped!

Reactions: 1 users
if anyone is also interviewing on 9/20 and wants a friend PM me lol
I tried to PM u but I can't. I'm on the 21st but will be in NY on the 20th. Good luck tho, lmk how it goes

Last edited:
I

I tried to PM u but I can't. I'm on the 21st but will be in NY on the 20th. Good luck tho, lmk how it goes
Oops I think I had it turned off lol thanks for letting me know. & that's awesome! Yes I definitely will

II today!! OOS, Complete 7/17. Available dates began October 9.

II earlier today! IS, URM complete 8/16

cgpa: 3.83
sgpa: 3.88
MCAT: 513

anyone interviewing october 1st? :)

Does anyone know whether Hofstra offers student overnight hosts? Can't find info about this anywhere :( hoping to save a few bucks on a hotel if possible!

Does anyone know whether Hofstra offers student overnight hosts? Can't find info about this anywhere :( hoping to save a few bucks on a hotel if possible!
Airbnb in the area is pretty affordable imo thats what im doing

Interviewing next week! I'm so grateful and excited. Can any current students or applicants who have interviewed share some insight about the MMI? For example, can we take notes during the 2-minute preparation? How many stations are there? How much time given per station? Thank you in advance :)

Interviewing next week! I'm so grateful and excited. Can any current students or applicants who have interviewed share some insight about the MMI? For example, can we take notes during the 2-minute preparation? How many stations are there? How much time given per station? Thank you in advance :)

wow I didn't even realize Hofstra was MMI until now. whoops

do you guys know if Hofstra has student hosts?

did anybody interview here yet? I'm interviewing tomorrow and would love to hear from someone how it went :)