2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did others just get the Still Interested email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did others just get the Still Interested email?

Does she want us to confirm that we would choose Einstein over our current school regardless of our financial aid package? I'm definitely interested in Einstein but I'd have to compare fin aid with my current PTE school before making a final decision..

Reactions: 1 user
I received the rolling admissions email in march and never received any of these still interested emails nor the promotional emails sigh

Reactions: 3 users
Does she want us to confirm that we would choose Einstein over our current school regardless of our financial aid package? I'm definitely interested in Einstein but I'd have to compare fin aid with my current PTE school before making a final decision..
Same! I’m not sure what to say yet bc of financial aid
I don’t think that we would get a financial aid package until a week or two after admission so it’s possible we don’t get to factor that into our decisions? I’m not sure though

The email says, "Because every day now statuses can change, we want to confirm with you that you would choose Einstein over the school you might be holding at present, realizing that much of your decision might depend on financial aid." so I assume this means that she is asking if financial aid weren't a question, would you choose Einstein over where you are PTEd. But maybe I read it wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the rolling admissions email last week but did not receive a still interested email :’(

Same! I’m not sure what to say yet bc of financial aid
I don’t think that we would get a financial aid package until a week or two after admission so it’s possible we don’t get to factor that into our decisions? I’m not sure though

Are schools allowed to force us to make a decision without giving us a fin aid package first?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are yall planning to reply to the still interested email? It really does depend on fin aid for me and I'd rather not commit to anything if it's just all loans.

What are yall planning to reply to the still interested email? It really does depend on fin aid for me and I'd rather not commit to anything if it's just all loans.
I think I might respond saying I am still interested in attending Einstein, however it will depend on the financial aid package in the end.

I think I might respond saying I am still interested in attending Einstein, however it will depend on the financial aid package in the end.

Same. Her email makes it sound like she wants us to give a definitive yes that we would choose Einstein over our current school but I feel like we're all in the same situation about fin aid so hopefully it doesn't hurt us

When did you guys all get your rolling admissions email for those who received the still interested email? Was there anyone from the last weeks batch of rolling admissions?

Looks like it was only to the group that got the rolling admissions email in march and einstein is checking in on them?

I was under the impression that you could only apply for institutional aid after getting admitted, does anyone know if there is a chance I can still apply for institutional aid at this time even though I am still on the waitlist and the chances of receiving any aid?

I was under the impression that you could only apply for institutional aid after getting admitted, does anyone know if there is a chance I can still apply for institutional aid at this time even though I am still on the waitlist and the chances of receiving any aid?
I believe the only thing you can do while you’re on the waitlist is add Einstein on FAFSA.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone heard from housing yet?

I wouldn't expect housing assignments soon. Many graduating 4th years haven't moved out yet (original graduation date was late May and not everyone opted to graduate early) so they likely don't have the full list of vacancies yet. Plus there have been no WL acceptances yet from what I've seen on this thread so I'd assume they don't have a full M1 class yet. I would expect to hear from housing more around June.

If Einstein ends up being online for first semester, do you guys think the dorms will still be available to M1s?

If Einstein ends up being online for first semester, do you guys think the dorms will still be available to M1s?

I would say most likely yes. People were concerned about having to leave campus when classes first went virtual (since many colleges had students vacate) and we were reassured by admin that because this is an apartment complex, not a college dorm, we will be able to stay in our apartments. I don't see why the same logic wouldn't apply to incoming students.

• Love
From dean of med ed: "At this time, we expect that you will arrive on our campus in late July/early August to matriculate at Einstein. We also expect that large gatherings will still be either prohibited or best avoided. As such, we are planning on delivering our large group activities, such as lectures virtually (with video capture) rather than in our lecture halls. We are developing strategies for running our small group educational sessions with reduced student numbers or virtually in Zoom breakout rooms. Similarly, we want to make sure that you will have small group or virtual social activities, including interactions with students in other years and faculty advisors."

• Love
I got the rolling admissions email in March but haven't gotten any of the still interested emails. Really hard not to look into everyone else getting them....

I got the rolling admissions email in March but haven't gotten any of the still interested emails. Really hard not to look into everyone else getting them....
I’m in the same boat, I’m wondering if it might be good news though...I’ve sent a few update letters and I’m thinking maybe this means they already know my level of interest.

Hey has anyone gotten a confirmation from Dean Kerrigan for sending a reply to the most recent “are you still interested” email?

Did anyone else not get either the rolling admissions OR still interested emails? I interviewed 3/2 which I think was too late for me to get the rolling admissions, but I'm concerned about not getting the still interested.. basically I haven't gotten any emails since my interview, although I did send an interest letter