2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey has anyone gotten a confirmation from Dean Kerrigan for sending a reply to the most recent “are you still interested” email?

I got an "application update acknowledgment" yesterday evening, I doubt it means much tho

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Einstein give a lot of merit scholarships? Or mainly need based? And do we think merit scholarships are based on mcat & gpa or other factors too?

Does Einstein give a lot of merit scholarships? Or mainly need based? And do we think merit scholarships are based on mcat & gpa or other factors too?
Einstein gives a mix of merit and need-based aid. Not sure if they give "alot" of merit-based aid but they do offer need-based aid (most of my friends, including myself, received need-based aid). Merit scholarships are based on metrics but also on other factors.

Does anyone know if people accepted off HPWL/WL received merit-based scholarships in the past?

Reactions: 3 users
Einstein gives a mix of merit and need-based aid. Not sure if they give "alot" of merit-based aid but they do offer need-based aid (most of my friends, including myself, received need-based aid). Merit scholarships are based on metrics but also on other factors.

If you don't mind me asking, how much need based aid do they give? Ik its very individualized but my family contirbution is esitimated at 0 and I want a rough idea of what I might get, that is ofc if I'm ever accepted lol

If you don't mind me asking, how much need based aid do they give? Ik its very individualized but my family contirbution is esitimated at 0 and I want a rough idea of what I might get, that is ofc if I'm ever accepted lol
10,000 Max per applicant!

When do merit/need based scholarships go out to applicants?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in a similar boat. I got a full unsub loan from FAFSA (just over 42k), 10k need-based, and 10k institutional loan in my FA package. Hope that helps!

I'm in a similar boat. I got a full unsub loan from FAFSA (just over 42k), 10k need-based, and 10k institutional loan in my FA package. Hope that helps!
Is the need-based aid a grant? And if it's a loan how is it different from federal loans?

Also how are institutional loans different from federal?

Is the need-based aid a grant? And if it's a loan how is it different from federal loans?

Need based aid is a grant so no need to pay it back. I believe that with the institutional loan it has no interest for x number of years (I believe it was 10).

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, the need based aid is a grant. I'm not sure how the institutional loan differs from the federal loans - they haven't sent info on it yet, they just let me know they're offering it. I talked to someone in the FA office a few days ago who said info on that loan will be coming out in the next few weeks. I'll let you know once I find out!

Hi all, does anyone know if admissions is checking the phone or should we only email?

Any ideas when there will be some waitlist movement?

Any ideas when there will be some waitlist movement?
It could already be happening we don’t know if they’re doing a wave or just individuals, but last year they sent a wave out a week after the still interested emails, so it could be Monday

Did anyone who had a zoom interview get HPWL?

Did you get the HPWL or regular WL?

it was the one that said Rolling Admissions so I think that’s the hpwl?

I interviewed late-ish April via zoom

it was the one that said Rolling Admissions so I think that’s the hpwl?

I interviewed late-ish April via zoom
Congrats, hopefully it has a good outcome! When did you get the email?

Did Dean Kerrigan reply to anybody’s still interested email response?

If you look a few posts back, someone else also asked if anyone got a response, and it seems like no one on this thread did. I don't think it's necessary to send a follow-up.
I didn’t get one either and I agree sending a follow up is probably unnecessary

Has anyone gotten a reply from Mary Pace? and which email did you send it to @einstein.yu.edu or the other one?

Would one send an interest letter to Mary Pace or Dean Kerrigan? Just based on the lack of communication there seems to be with admin right now, I'm thinking sending it directly to the dean would be better? But also don't want to annoy her, lol

Would one send an interest letter to Mary Pace or Dean Kerrigan? Just based on the lack of communication there seems to be with admin right now, I'm thinking sending it directly to the dean would be better? But also don't want to annoy her, lol

At this point what do you gotta lose? Send it to both of them

any WL students get an email from the office of financial aid? I suspect this might be only if you haven't applied for aid yet

I got it too, did fafsa already
I only did FAFSA, is there something else I should have done? I wonder why only some of us on the waitlist (I think i'm HP) are getting this email while others arent?

I only did FAFSA, is there something else I should have done? I wonder why only some of us on the waitlist (I think i'm HP) are getting this email while others arent?
According to the email, there's also a questionnaire to fill out and they're asking for 2019 tax info.

• Hmm
I’m pretty sure I’m on the HPWL (got the rolling admissions email) but didn’t get any email today about financial aid

Reactions: 2 users