2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the Financial Aid Questionnaire, what is our 'Banner ID'?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m pretty sure I’m on the HPWL (got the rolling admissions email) but didn’t get any email today about financial aid
same I was rolling admissions in march and got all the other emails - no financial aid email today tho.
oof I'm so tired of speculating, at this point, whatever happens, happens

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
while I love Einstein as a whole, this whole process has really left a sour taste in my mouth. 1) All the emails asking if I'm still interested? Comparable to a clingy significant other lol. 2) Not re-scheduling everyone's interviews? seriously? 3) Waiting like 5 months for a decision????

Reactions: 5 users
Was that decision through email? I haven't yet received a decision since my April 6th Zoom interview :(

yeah it was. I dont think it means anything if you havent heard back yet. My interviewer specifically made a note for the admissions team saying to expedite my application for personal reasons

yeah it was. I dont think it means anything if you havent heard back yet. My interviewer specifically made a note for the admissions team saying to expedite my application for personal reasons

Ok that makes sense. Thank you for the update.

I was reading through last year's thread and it looks like people started being pulled from the WL on May 10ish

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys happen to apply for financial aid a long time ago? Maybe they already confirmed that you filled out the forms so they didn't need to send a reminder
That could definitely be it! I put Einstein on my fafsa a while ago.

I submitted my FAFSA to Einstein and had it processed second week of February

But I haven't sent Einstein their form yet because it says you can send it in after being admitted

And did not receive a financial aid email today

while I love Einstein as a whole, this whole process has really left a sour taste in my mouth. 1) All the emails asking if I'm still interested? Comparable to a clingy significant other lol. 2) Not re-scheduling everyone's interviews? seriously? 3) Waiting like 5 months for a decision????

100% agree. I liked Einstein on my interview day but after seeing how disorganized/questionable the admin is based on their admissions process, I'm not sure I'd choose them over my current school anymore. Also their response to the COVID-19 pandemic didn't make a great impression on me either

Reactions: 3 users
I applied for the fafsa in January and submitted the questionnaire and tax returns in early March and still got the email. I replied back and they confirmed they have everything.

100% agree. I liked Einstein on my interview day but after seeing how disorganized/questionable the admin is based on their admissions process, I'm not sure I'd choose them over my current school anymore. Also their response to the COVID-19 pandemic didn't make a great impression on me either

Anyone else that got a Zoom interview feel a little disheartened :/ I really think it hurt my chances which sucks bc I loved this school

Wait did not everyone who asked to be rescheduled actually get rescheduled? Lmao what

before today's financial aid email, how did everyone know there was a questionnaire and tax returns to be submitted?
last year's thread doesn't show any financial email during this time so idk what to think LOL but it does seem like only accepted students would be contacted by financial aid

1. I feel med school admissions is one of the few times you want the school to be clingy. Imagine having 0 acceptances, there is no way you'd be saying the same thing.
2. Idk what the situation was so I won't comment.
3. This isn't just specific to Einstein, but I understand the frustration. For example, Kaiser interviewed people starting in august and didn't really start sending out majority of decisions until april.

before today's financial aid email, how did everyone know there was a questionnaire and tax returns to be submitted?
last year's thread doesn't show any financial email during this time so idk what to think LOL but it does seem like only accepted students would be contacted by financial aid
I was also rolling admissions in April and did not receive the financial aid email, hard not to see these as a sign but staying hopeful

Received "rolling admissions" email in March and both subsequent "still-interested" emails but did not receive financial aid email today (I haven't applied for FAFSA). Is that a bad sign?

Received "rolling admissions" email in March and both subsequent "still-interested" emails but did not receive financial aid email today (I haven't applied for FAFSA). Is that a bad sign?
It's impossible to tell. No one really knows what's happening (Sorry I know that's not the most comforting to hear)

It seems like every combination of emails received and not received exists among us so I'm thinking there's no way for us to know what it all means...

Reactions: 5 users
I received the FA email and am trying to complete the forms. Do I send the information through email? My income tax returns have sensitive information such as SSN and am wondering if this is safe to do.

You can encrypt the documents with a password. Send the documents in one email and the password in a second. That’s what they suggested I do when I called and it worked out well.

I received the FA email and am trying to complete the forms. Do I send the information through email? My income tax returns have sensitive information such as SSN and am wondering if this is safe to do.

Wait did not everyone who asked to be rescheduled actually get rescheduled? Lmao what
Can't speak for others experience but I was originally scheduled for the first week they cancelled interviews in March. I responded promptly to every email I got saying I was interested in rescheduling. Tried not to bug the admissions office because COVID was obviously ravaging NYC at the time.

I saw a good amount of people in this thread whose original interview date was later than mine get rescheduled before me. I only got rescheduled for the last week they were doing zoom interviews after sending a last minute email to admissions.

Would not be surprised if they weren't able to reschedule everybody.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm not planning on applying for financial aid, so should I just do nothing or reply to the email saying that I will not be applying? Just a little scared that they're going to think I'm not interested in Einstein because I didn't apply for aid.

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question, but I'm not planning on applying for financial aid, so should I just do nothing or reply to the email saying that I will not be applying? Just a little scared that they're going to think I'm not interested in Einstein because I didn't apply for aid.

I’m on the same boat—I think as long as you said you were interested, they will know you’re interested. I can’t imagine they would see we didn’t apply for financial aid and despite our responses saying we’re still interested, think that we aren’t interested you know?

I’m on the same boat—I think as long as you said you were interested, they will know you’re interested. I can’t imagine they would see we didn’t apply for financial aid and despite our responses saying we’re still interested, think that we aren’t interested you know?
That's what I figured, but I don't want to give them any reason to believe I'm no longer interested. Ugh, this whole thing has been so frustrating.

That's what I figured, but I don't want to give them any reason to believe I'm no longer interested. Ugh, this whole thing has been so frustrating.

Also I’m not sure if the FA office would even notify the admissions committee if they were to get an email from an applicant? They’re probably completely separate right

I would apply anyway. I'm not expecting much aid but I was emailing with a woman in the financial aid office and she told me to apply for the grants anyway.

Did you end up hearing anything?
Absolutely not but i'm fine with that for now. Nothing I can do about that lol. I sent them a letter of intent/interest before It was anywhere near decision time so maybe that factors into it maybe not. Who knows but ya boy hopeful

Has anyone who did a zoom interview heard back about anything?

For the recently HPWL’d folks, an email response was due May 8th. So hopefully we’ll start seeing movement this week as they received responses! All speculation ofc but a girl can dream

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OH MY GOD I JUST GOT AN A!!!!!! WITH A SCHOLARSHIP OFFER!!!
Just cried in the car with my mom on the way to work.... can’t believe it
I would like to thank everyone on this thread for keeping me updated through this process! I’m ecstatic

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I would like to thank everyone on this thread for keeping me updated through this process! I’m ecstatic
Congratulations!!! Can I ask what time you got the email? Were you in the rolling admissions pool?

Congrats! Also got an acceptance just now after HPWL and two still interested emails

• Love
Reactions: 7 users