2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I called, they told me they wouldn't start until mid March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just realized that the FAFSA deadline for Georgetown was 01/01/2020 for all applicants. I didn't submit mine until a few weeks later, does anyone know if this deadline is firm?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized that the FAFSA deadline for Georgetown was 01/01/2020 for all applicants. I didn't submit mine until a few weeks later, does anyone know if this deadline is firm?
E21FB125-199B-4855-98E0-E9F622F26E61.jpeg

Does not appear to be firm, but rather recommended. Contact info to confirm is below:
4E53D513-C431-46C1-9946-40F156EFA30A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
7DE28994-1E12-42EF-B116-924AAD782C45.gif

*me looking at this thread knowing I still have to do fafsa*

• Haha
I just got the call off of the waitlist! good luck to you all, looks like the movement has started

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Mitchell! Interviewed 1/7

I was accepted this morning from the wait list, I interviewed on November 18th!

Reactions: 6 users
It’s good to see people coming of the waitlist this early as compared to last year. Looking forward to the next round of acceptances!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone accepted! Current M1 here. Feel free to reply to this with any questions you have about Georgetown!

Congrats everyone accepted! Current M1 here. Feel free to reply to this with any questions you have about Georgetown!
Hey! I have 3 main questions, feel free to PM me! I know some schools that are making some changes for class of 2024 bc of the whole P/F Step 1 thing, do you know if Gtown is making any quick changes?
Also can you speak to the environment here (i have unfortunately heard a lot of negative about this, and would appreciate if you can confirm/deny/elaborate).
And lastlyy I cant make it to the 2nd look, so do you know of any way I can still get a hold of all the info and things discussed at 2nd look without being there? T
hanks for all the help!

Hey! I have 3 main questions, feel free to PM me! I know some schools that are making some changes for class of 2024 bc of the whole P/F Step 1 thing, do you know if Gtown is making any quick changes?
Also can you speak to the environment here (i have unfortunately heard a lot of negative about this, and would appreciate if you can confirm/deny/elaborate).
And lastlyy I cant make it to the 2nd look, so do you know of any way I can still get a hold of all the info and things discussed at 2nd look without being there? T
hanks for all the help!

I'll do my best to answer them here so everyone can see.

I cannot speak on behalf on GT in regards to if they are changing anything about Step 1 becoming P/F. I have no idea and have not heard anything. What will be interesting for our class (and maybe some of your class as well) is that residency programs will be getting students who both have a score, and who have taken it P/F because different schools take it at different times. So I'm not sure if anyone knows whats going to happen with that at this point in time (we will see I guess!).

The environment... I honestly think its a really great environment overall. Everything is true P/F for exams and grades, which helps a TON. For the most part students get along, are social, and know each other. The students are very well connected with the staff and there are even specific students in the class who act as the liaison to ask staff and the school questions about our classes. The curriculum is new so a lot is changing year to year in regards to how things are arranged in the curriculum. I will say that the admin is extremely receptive to students feedback, so the curriculum really does get better year to year. Nothing is ever perfect, but I'm sure you hear the same thing about other med schools as well.

I'm not sure if you can get info if you don't attend second look. I'd reach out to whoever is responsible for you right now about that if you're curious.

Reactions: 4 users
I'll do my best to answer them here so everyone can see.

I cannot speak on behalf on GT in regards to if they are changing anything about Step 1 becoming P/F. I have no idea and have not heard anything. What will be interesting for our class (and maybe some of your class as well) is that residency programs will be getting students who both have a score, and who have taken it P/F because different schools take it at different times. So I'm not sure if anyone knows whats going to happen with that at this point in time (we will see I guess!).

The environment... I honestly think its a really great environment overall. Everything is true P/F for exams and grades, which helps a TON. For the most part students get along, are social, and know each other. The students are very well connected with the staff and there are even specific students in the class who act as the liaison to ask staff and the school questions about our classes. The curriculum is new so a lot is changing year to year in regards to how things are arranged in the curriculum. I will say that the admin is extremely receptive to students feedback, so the curriculum really does get better year to year. Nothing is ever perfect, but I'm sure you hear the same thing about other med schools as well.

I'm not sure if you can get info if you don't attend second look. I'd reach out to whoever is responsible for you right now about that if you're curious.
Great, thanks for all your help!

When will the new hospital be up and running? What’s your experience with talking to upperclassmen about clerkships? Do the attendings enjoy teaching and treat the students like part of team or is it more like shadowing?
Thank you for the time! Greatly appreciated!

For those who sent in letters of interest/intent, did you just post them in the application portal or email them to admissions?

This may have been asked/answered already, but is there an accepted students Facebook page?

For those who sent in letters of interest/intent, did you just post them in the application portal or email them to admissions?
I posted in admissions portal, but I also emailed them to inform them I sent in a LOI!

How many accepted so far??
About 130, but not every accepted applicant is a member of the group. They added people by email, but if the email you listed on your application is different than your Facebook account, you weren't automatically added. Mine was a different email, so I had to ask to join.

How many letters to adcom do we think is too many? lol

How many letters to adcom do we think is too many? lol
I was wondering the same thing, I submitted an update before I got my waitlist decision and then i sent one in a couple weeks ago after my decision, not sure when is the right time to send in another one and also idk what to say on it because I feel like I've said everything lol

I was wondering the same thing, I submitted an update before I got my waitlist decision and then i sent one in a couple weeks ago after my decision, not sure when is the right time to send in another one and also idk what to say on it because I feel like I've said everything lol
This is the exact same thing as I did, one awkwardly right before getting waitlisted and one 2 weeks after hearing. Got in 3 weeks after my 2nd letter so I wouldn't send another unless there's something substantial to tell them.

Reactions: 3 users
This is the exact same thing as I did, one awkwardly right before getting waitlisted and one 2 weeks after hearing. Got in 3 weeks after my 2nd letter so I wouldn't send another unless there's something substantial to tell them.
Congrats on the A! Do you mind sharing when you got off the WL? I sent letter in early January, so I am wondering when I should send another.

How long does it typically take for them to get back to us with a decision

yeah they told us that they’d get back in 8-10 weeks and I interviewed Jan 10ish :/. Assuming it’s an R

I’m sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the rest of your schools.
But to clarify, my admissions decision was an A. Interviewed 8/18 and heard via phone 11/9.

I got my acceptance like 12 weeks later so more waiting doesnt necessarily mean R!

+1 honestly don’t assume anything until you’ve heard from them. I heard a dean change was causing some slowdown in decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk