2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students speak to the environment and student culture at GUSOM? How competitive is it? Do students generally get along/become friends?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Second look day cancelled :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can any current students speak to the environment and student culture at GUSOM? How competitive is it? Do students generally get along/become friends?

There's hardly any competition between students. We share notes, anki decks, study tips, etc with everyone. Students are generally very friendly with one another as well. The school is true P/F for everything, which brings down the stress significantly... I couldn't imagine doing this any way besides P/F

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed for the MD-PhD program heard back yet?

I was about to ask the same thing haha, which probably means no

Check your email, I got an email/portal update a couple hours after I posted this. It turned out to be just another waitlist designation though.... the classic response I've been getting this cycle lol

• Sad
Check your email, I got an email/portal update a couple hours after I posted this. It turned out to be just another waitlist designation though.... the classic response I've been getting this cycle lol
Whaaat I just checked and have no email yet, but I thought my II went badly so I'm taking that as a bad sign.

Has anybody been able to access finaid on myaccess? Login, so far, is not working for me.

Is the login and pw same as for the applicant portal? Tyty

No, It's not the same as the portal. You have to set up your NetID first and then change the password from the default that was assigned to you. Then you can use the NetID and your new password to login into MyAccess

Anyone from Jan 09/10 interview still living in silence?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh... Interviewed on 01/16/2020 and was wait-listed this morning. Anyone know the percentage of people getting accepted from wait list?

I just checked and have my financial aid package on the MyAccess portal

LOL well got the R today boys — best of luck to everyone still in it!
Since no one likes to post these...also R post II. My interviewer said I would be a great fit here haha. Congrats to those who were accepted!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Received a 30k scholarship, does anyone know where that stands for their financial aid. Think I can ask for more or is that probably on the higher end?

Received a 30k scholarship, does anyone know where that stands for their financial aid. Think I can ask for more or is that probably on the higher end?
Considering it is need based aid, probably not. Unless you have additional circumstances you did not disclose.

Is Georgetown known for not being generous with aid? My package was just loans :/

Is Georgetown known for not being generous with aid? My package was just loans :/
They’re definitely known for being expensive and not generous with aid.. They don’t do merit aid at all, so any aid you would have gotten would have been purely need based. I didn’t get any need-based aid either. I already have a lot of student debt so unfortunately this means I’m not going to be able to go to GT. Which sucks because I fit this school’s mission to a T and I really loved it. Oh well, I’m grateful just to have gotten an acceptance in the first place.

They’re definitely known for being expensive and not generous with aid.. They don’t do merit aid at all, so any aid you would have gotten would have been purely need based. I didn’t get any need-based aid either. I already have a lot of student debt so unfortunately this means I’m not going to be able to go to GT. Which sucks because I fit this school’s mission to a T and I really loved it. Oh well, I’m grateful just to have gotten an acceptance in the first place.
I was in the same boat so I decided to join the Air Force through the HPSP. It's a pretty good deal if you are interested in serving your country as a physician for a few years after you're done with residency. GUSoM has a really strong military presence and has the highest number of HPSP recipients per school (second to USUHS). And we have a lot of support from administration too. Hit me up if you have any questions and congratulations on being accepted to GUSoM.

Any February interviews receive decisions yet ?

Accepted today, interviewed 1/13. OOS.

Wash your hands and stay safe!

Last edited:
Accepted today, interviewed 1/15, OOS. I second FutureDoctorPNW: keep washing your hands, everyone, and stay healthy and safe during these crazy times!

Have any other late January interviewers not heard back yet?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is deadline for when we have to accept our financial aid package?

Got the R earlier today. Interviewed Feb 7th. Best of luck to you all

Does anyone know where I can go to find other class of 2024 students? I'm looking for an apartment and I can't find the facebook page.

Does anyone know where I can go to find other class of 2024 students? I'm looking for an apartment and I can't find the facebook page.
You should have gotten an email from an admin of the facebook group inviting you to join sent to your email that you applied to medical schools with on the AMCAS. But, the group name is also GUSOM Class of 2024.

Just received an email asking people on the waitlist to withdraw if they no longer want to be considered for a seat. Hopefully this means more waitlist movement happening soon

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if Georgetown is receptive to additional LORs (from my PI for gap year research) if you are on the waitlist? I would submit it through official AMCAS service...