2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! I wanted to talk about my experience as part of an organization that supports Planned Parenthood's advocacy initiatives (Generation Action: Planned Parenthood), but I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to discuss considering G-town's stance on abortion. Does anyone have any information or insight about this? It's a pretty significant part of my "why G-town" essay since I want to be involved in health policy work which is why I would love to be in DC. I also am very interested in OB/GYN
From what I'm aware GT really pushes for different religious backgrounds to apply to GT. They are however a Jesuit institution and I heard that their hospital isn't so supportive of abortion.

You could name the organization but not name Planned Parenthood and detail what the organization did without really mentioning PP.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I wanted to talk about my experience as part of an organization that supports Planned Parenthood's advocacy initiatives (Generation Action: Planned Parenthood), but I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to discuss considering G-town's stance on abortion. Does anyone have any information or insight about this? It's a pretty significant part of my "why G-town" essay since I want to be involved in health policy work which is why I would love to be in DC. I also am very interested in OB/GYN
I was told by a medical student that the medical school does not distribute birth control (though I think you can get your contraceptives from non-Georgetown owned things on campus). With that in mind, I wouldn't.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does adding a LOR after submission count as an update? I previously shadowed a physician who is an alum of Gtown and I'm still waiting for his letter. I have 4 other letters ready to go and would like to submit but I know Gtown doesn't accept updates so I'm wondering if it's worth waiting or if I should just add the letter after I submit

Does adding a LOR after submission count as an update? I previously shadowed a physician who is an alum of Gtown and I'm still waiting for his letter. I have 4 other letters ready to go and would like to submit but I know Gtown doesn't accept updates so I'm wondering if it's worth waiting or if I should just add the letter after I submit
They accept updates. You have that option on your application portal

Reactions: 1 users
Still "under review" sigh. I submitted my secondary within the day I received the secondary which was like like early July or late June. I can't remember the exact date. I know I should remain patient but I'm losing hope for this school. Does anyone know if Georgetown just leaves students "under review" the entire cycle and then just silently rejects them or is there supposed to be a status change?

Reactions: 2 users
Still "under review" sigh. I submitted my secondary within the day I received the secondary which was like like early July or late June. I can't remember the exact date. I know I should remain patient but I'm losing hope for this school. Does anyone know if Georgetown just leaves students "under review" the entire cycle and then just silently rejects them or is there supposed to be a status change?

I’ve been under review since June 9. As far as I know, you can stay “under review” until they start sending out mass rejections.

lol it is very early in the cycle, just calm down and do other things to take your mind off of it

II!!! First of the cycle! Thought I was passed over already since I’ve been complete since 6/30. 3.78 gpa and 510 mcat for those interested.

• Love
Reactions: 34 users
How are people formatting their secondary? Is it okay to just submit with plain 12 font, Arial etc 1" margins? Or is that too plain

I had a lot to say about myself. So I used 6 point font and single spaced...

Seriously, I think 11or 12 point font with arial or times new roman is fine.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a lot to say about myself. So I used 6 point font and single spaced...

Seriously, I think 11or 12 point font with arial or times new roman is fine.

Do you think they would actually read it? I cant tell if you’re being serious or not with the 6pt font... haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Do you think they would actually read it? I cant tell if you’re being serious or not with the 6pt font... haha

No dude
I’m totally serious
I wanted to use 4 pointgont but my loupes weren’t strong enough to read it. Do I settled for 6 point.
I hope they read it!
If not I’m screwed!

• Wow
  • Haha
Oh for Christsakes man
It is a joke..
What amazes me is that I actually have to state that in writing.

• Haha
Verified 7/18/19
Secondary Received 7/19/19
Secondary submitted and complete 7/27/19

II!!! First of the cycle! Thought I was passed over already since I’ve been complete since 6/30. 3.78 gpa and 510 mcat for those interested.
Congrats and good luck!! I have veryyyy similar stats but completed it after you, so crossing fingers!!!

Don't you just stay under review if they're not going to interview you.... until rejections go out.
I can’t imagine there’s another status in between the two. But being under review for more than a few weeks doesn’t mean you’re not getting an interview. It’s a looooong cycle.

I may be wrong, but I feel like people are misinterpreting what “under review” means. I interpret it as “in the pile for review” not “someone has just opened your file and started reading it”. If it were actually the latter, I don’t think anyone would show up as complete so quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I can’t imagine there’s another status in between the two. But being under review for more than a few weeks doesn’t mean you’re not getting an interview. It’s a looooong cycle.

I may be wrong, but I feel like people are misinterpreting what “under review means”. I interpret it as “in the pile for review” not “someone has just opened your file and started reading it”. If it were actually the latter, I don’t think anyone would show up as complete so quickly.
Preach!

Anyone else who completed first week of July still under review?

Just a note for MD/PhD applicants:
"Please note that MD/PhD application review begins after the November 30, 2018 deadline. Interviews will be conducted in January/February 2019."
So we're expected to remain under review for quite a while

II!!!! submit 6/30!! have faith people!

• Love
Reactions: 29 users
Submitted secondary on 7/2. Received II on 7/30 (first one ever - so excited!!). Earliest interviews available were after labor day. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 8 users
Is anyone else normal and submitted secondary mid-July who got an interview?

Submitted July 4th. II received today. The earliest dates are in September.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
II this morning. MCAT 514, GPA 3.93, OOS. Complete 07/02.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
From the look of the responses on here, Gtown doesn't seem to be going in order? I'm hoping this is the case.

Reactions: 6 users
From the look of the responses on here, Gtown doesn't seem to be going in order? I'm hoping this is the case.
Nah. I would just sit tight as it is still very early. People got IIs before me who submitted mid July and I only recently got my submitted end of June. You just can’t predict when it’s gonna come

II OOS... completed 7/2. There is still hope for those who have been waiting. I am in shock.

Reactions: 14 users
Can you skip the SSN question at Georgetown? I think that's too much information to share especially when you're not even guaranteed attendance.