2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You don't get a complete email. I got a message from one of the admins about missing materials and after that was sorted she told me file complete.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone submit application and still not receive a complete email?

I turned in my application and got an email saying it was received. Also got an email saying they received my fee, yet I still don't have an application complete email.

Anyone have this problem?

A few hours after I got the email saying my fee was received, I got the one saying my application is complete and is under review. Are you applying ED or RD?

How long did you (OOS applicants) have to wait after AMCAS processing to receive secondary? I was approved on July 10, but haven't received anything yet. Should I not expect to receive a secondary at this point? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did you (OOS applicants) have to wait after AMCAS processing to receive secondary? I was approved on July 10, but haven't received anything yet. Should I not expect to receive a secondary at this point? Thanks!
I am OOS and received mine about 2 weeks after I was verified! They also say they screen all out of state applicants so that’s probably why!

Reactions: 1 user
A few hours after I got the email saying my fee was received, I got the one saying my application is complete and is under review. Are you applying ED or RD?
I'm applying RD, fee received email on 7/09 and secondary received email on 7/05

My friend also applying RD got his file complete email a few days ago and turned in his app much later than me.

I'm probably worrying over nothing, but still making me worried lol

I'm applying RD, fee received email on 7/09 and secondary received email on 7/05

My friend also applying RD got his file complete email a few days ago and turned in his app much later than me.

I'm probably worrying over nothing, but still making me worried lol

I’m sure you’ll be fine! I have a feeling admissions is scrambling to get through and verify all of the ED submissions before the August 1 deadline. They may have pushed back the RD file complete and under consideration emails just because of that. Good luck!!

I just got the complete email!

Did everyone just attached their social security card and driver’s license to the email and reply that way? Feeling sketch that they’re not having us upload them onto their secure server

Did everyone just attached their social security card and driver’s license to the email and reply that way? Feeling sketch that they’re not having us upload them onto their secure server

I made a copy of them and mailed it in with my check.

I definitely felt sketchy about it, but I scanned my license and social security card together and sent it in an email. I figured right now if someone wants to steal my identity they can have my student loan debt! I'm curious as to why they eliminated the option to upload it to their secondary website, or didn't have an option to bring the social security card to the interview if invited.

Reactions: 1 users
I definitely felt sketchy about it, but I scanned my license and social security card together and sent it in an email. I figured right now if someone wants to steal my identity they can have my student loan debt! I'm curious as to why they eliminated the option to upload it to their secondary website, or didn't have an option to bring the social security card to the interview if invited.

LOL. Yeah go ahead and have my identity hahahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS secondary received 7/23, verified 7/17. I guess I'll finally have to get that replacement social security card now. I've been putting that off for close to 6 years lol

OOS secondary received 7/23, verified 7/17. I guess I'll finally have to get that replacement social security card now. I've been putting that off for close to 6 years lol

If you’re trying to get your app done as quickly as possible, ask if you can send them a copy of your birth certificate until you get your social security card. When I got my replacement it took about a month before it came in the mail.

OOS with ties to NOLA (went to Tulane for grad school, volunteered etc) worth applying here?

If you’re trying to get your app done as quickly as possible, ask if you can send them a copy of your birth certificate until you get your social security card. When I got my replacement it took about a month before it came in the mail.

Yikes, thanks for the suggestion!

I am fortunate enough to have an interview for Tulane as an out of state student. Is it too early to send an "in the area" request?

I am fortunate enough to have an interview for Tulane as an out of state student. Is it too early to send an "in the area" request?
I'd be interested in knowing this as well. Based on last years thread, looks like IIs came out 8/31 and someone interviewed on 9/19, which would be perfect for the 9/20'ers at Tulane but I already booked my flight :(.

It never hurts to ask. Especially if you are travelling a great distance. Just know that august and sept are often for ED.

Complete and under active consideration. Guess I should send an “in the area” request soon

Did the e-mail come from Ms. Celestine or Peychaud? I received a very informal "file complete" e-mail from Ms. Celestine on 7/9 but nothing stating active consideration.

Did the e-mail come from Ms. Celestine or Peychaud? I received a very informal "file complete" e-mail from Ms. Celestine on 7/9 but nothing stating active consideration.
General email account

Now we wait for those interview invites! I must say I’m really excited to hear how you guys’ applications go. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone else received a complete email but it does not say under active consideration?

Reactions: 1 users
Nevermind, I was looking at Shreveport’s website and it said you would be at a disadvantage if you take pre reqs at a community college.
On the website it says what??

I did a masters at Tulane and DIY postbacc at various institutions.

How long did it take everyone to receive their secondary after being verified?

Submitted 7/26 still no secondary at 8/7....IS ties especially to NOLA having attended Tulane this past year. Considering emailing them soon bc cycle is dragging on.

Submitted 7/26 still no secondary at 8/7....IS ties especially to NOLA having attended Tulane this past year. Considering emailing them soon bc cycle is dragging on.
The cycle is dragging on? It’s sooooo early still

Are we expected to call on Thursday between 1 and 4 every week to check our application status?

I just got an email saying that they need my grades at the end of fall semester. Does anyone have any idea how that email will affect my ED application?