2019-2020 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You need to keep telling yourself everyday that you will end up exactly where you are supposed to be. This is a really long cycle and if you can't stay positive at the beginning of the cycle, it is going to be a long miserable time! It's hard, I know. You just poured out everything about yourself on an application and not hearing anything back can be hard, but think of it this way..... you haven't received a rejection! The possibility of you getting an II from NSU is not over until they send you a rejection! So just relax, take a deep breath, and let things happen.
I fully believe what was said previously is correct "Yes but remember that it can be random order when they assign them to be read so they might not have gotten to yours yet. I don't think they really fully read them yet when they say it's verified. Stay positive I'm sure they're still handing out plenty more interviews!"
Agree 100 percent. As a re-applicant (the 2019 cycle is STILL not over), the best thing you can do on SDN is only start looking at a thread IF you get an interview. Each school is looking for different things, screens applications in different ways, etc. It is July 28th. Interview season goes through April. That means 8 more months of waiting for interviews. It is not sustainable to check SDN, see that others have gotten interviews, and try an understand why. Like I said, my best advice is to check out from SDN threads UNTIL you get an interview. Once your application is complete it is out of your hands. Just keep believing and enjoy the year you have in front of you before you become a FULLTIME crazy student.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you everyone! I thought all pre-meds are sharks, but it turns out some have a heart and care for other competitors.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you everyone! I thought all pre-meds are sharks, but it turns out some have a heart and care for other competitors.
I really want to make a joke since the mascot for NSU is a shark :laugh: (and since it's almost shark week!)
But in all seriousness, just be confident about what you presented to admissions in your application. IIs will follow, but you need to be proud of all you've done to prepare for med school! And I think more applicants have hearts than are sharks. Being rude to others, especially on a message board, won't increase anyone's chances of getting into med school!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I really want to make a joke since the mascot for NSU is a shark :laugh: (and since it's almost shark week!)
But in all seriousness, just be confident about what you presented to admissions in your application. IIs will follow, but you need to be proud of all you've done to prepare for med school! And I think more applicants have hearts than are sharks. Being rude to others, especially on a message board, won't increase anyone's chances of getting into med school!
So true! By the way, I didn't mean if my comment was rude. I honestly did not mean it to be that way. Sorry guys, please forgive me, fellow pre-meds! I really do appreciate everyone's support.

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary today. Is that a late date?

I submitted my secondary today. Is that a late date?

Haven't started yet, if it makes you feel better lol. The answer is supposedly no, secondaries aren't "late" until after Labor Day.

EDIT: Nvm, thought this was the NSU MD thread lol my bad. Submitted my app back on 7/10. Have not received II.

Last edited:
Haven't started yet, if it makes you feel better lol. The answer is supposedly no, secondaries aren't "late" until after Labor Day.
That's true, but honestly get them in as fast as you can!

Kirby, before you claimed " So just to be sure, you got a complete email/call on 7/17 and an II on the 24th? I was complete on the 10th with similar stats and haven't gotten an II :/"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but now you say you haven't started yet. So which statement is true?

• Wow
Kirby, before you claimed " So just to be sure, you got a complete email/call on 7/17 and an II on the 24th? I was complete on the 10th with similar stats and haven't gotten an II :/"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but now you say you haven't started yet. So which statement is true?

Oh lol whoooops. Applying to both their DO and MD program and thought this was the MD thread for a sec. My bad! Didn't mean to mislead.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the "list your healthcare volunteer activities" and the "list your employment" question did you guys list everything and use bullet points or put it into an essay format?

for the "list your healthcare volunteer activities" and the "list your employment" question did you guys list everything and use bullet points or put it into an essay format?

I listed mine in bullet form

Am still waiting for a secondary. Verified primary on 7/2
I called and the person I spoke with said they have not received the primary from AACOMAS. It says verified and I paid the primary fee on AACOMAS.
Should I just start the secondary?

Am still waiting for a secondary. Verified primary on 7/2
I called and the person I spoke with said they have not received the primary from AACOMAS. It says verified and I paid the primary fee on AACOMAS.
Should I just start the secondary?
I would say yes

They haven't even sent me an email telling me they received my completed application :/ kinda bummed.

Hey everyone, quick question. For the secondary question regarding health care-related volunteer activities, do you think this is strictly speaking about clinical volunteering? I have heavily been involved with my school's dance marathon that raises money for a children's hospital, which I would not list as clinical volunteering, but I just want to check and see if I should list it or not. Completely okay if not, but like I said, just checking!

Hey everyone, quick question. For the secondary question regarding health care-related volunteer activities, do you think this is strictly speaking about clinical volunteering? I have heavily been involved with my school's dance marathon that raises money for a children's hospital, which I would not list as clinical volunteering, but I just want to check and see if I should list it or not. Completely okay if not, but like I said, just checking!

Don't remember the phrasing of the question but that's definitely not clinical volunteering unless you're working WITH the patients in some capacity. I suppose, it would be a stretch, but it could be "health care-related" just literally speaking...but don't think that's really what they're asking for haha

I just got a rejection letter from NOVA and now I’m confused cause I haven’t even submitted my secondary yet? The letter says for this “current application cycle” but I wonder if it’s for the previous cycle cause I applied last year too

Anyone on here interviewing on August 13th? And for those of you who have an interview scheduled which hotel are you staying at?

Good morning, how long did it take to receive a secondary after submitting the primary application?

Last edited:
Any recent IIs here?
Since people have posted I’m going to guess no. They like to do them in big batches here I think. I also have the feeling, on a very very personal opinion no facts hunch, that they’re running behind this year. Seems like a lot of people didn’t get secondaries for a while and were complete quickly. Pure speculation of course but that’s what sdn is all about!

Hey, guys, do you know if NSU does class rank or if they got rid of it? I can't seem to find the answer on the website.

Hey everyone, regarding the secondary question "If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week.", I took some post-bacc undergraduate courses while working, but I'm not sure whether to include my work for this question since my classes weren't part of a formal undergrad or grad school program. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Hey everyone, regarding the secondary question "If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week.", I took some post-bacc undergraduate courses while working, but I'm not sure whether to include my work for this question since my classes weren't part of a formal undergrad or grad school program. Any thoughts? Thank you.

I mean I don't see any problem with you mentioning it as long as you clarify that it was post-bacc. It's not like you'd be trying to mislead them and if theres no down side that I see to including it.

7 weeks since I got a complete call and nothing... :(

Last edited:
I'm just bringing this question back because I also was curious...

^^ This says their post-interview acceptance rate is 60.85%. Hope this helps. :giggle:

I also have submitted my secondary back in early July and have not heard back from them yet. I hope we all receive a response soon though!

Reactions: 1 users
Opinions on the character limit for the secondary questions. I was thinking 2k-3k characters with spaces but not seeing a limit or suggestion.

I hope everyone that interviewed today had fun! Anyone wanna share their experience?

Reactions: 1 users
II just now as well! Scheduled for 9/10! :)

Reactions: 4 users
II OOS, sent 8/14, best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
II today! Interview on September 5th

Reactions: 5 users