2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if this school’s exams are NBME/NBOME style or more professor-written?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if this school’s exams are NBME/NBOME style or more professor-written?
Professor-written. Exams are usually 3 questions per lecture (all our system courses).

Classes like OPP and our OSCE type class is 5 questions per lecture.

Reactions: 1 user
Patiently waiting for May 1st for all of us Alternate List folks… It’s been radio silence for months..

Members don't see this ad :)
Why May 1st, please elaborate
Historically on SDN after May 1st is when the Alt list starts moving, all interviews are done and decisions have been mostly solidified. Then the remainder is pulled from Alt List

Historically on SDN after May 1st is when the Alt list starts moving, all interviews are done and decisions have been mostly solidified. Then the remainder is pulled from Alt List
Thanks

Can any current students tell me if the breaks (specifically spring break) are true breaks or is it like in name only? Would I be able to go on a vacation or would I still have responsibilities around the area? Thank you!

Can any current students tell me if the breaks (specifically spring break) are true breaks or is it like in name only? Would I be able to go on a vacation or would I still have responsibilities around the area? Thank you!
We had spring break from Feb 27th through March 3rd. It was a true break so a lot of classmates went home.

Some students used the break to catch up on certain classes like OPP and others didn’t study at all, so it depends on how up to date you are on the course material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone can share there pros/cons for Clearwater vs Davie if you were accepted into either. Debating on if I should put in a campus switch request but I'm pretty torn about where to live

Next week, I’ll be praying for all of us. Does anyone know what the total class size was expected at?

Is the application cycle for NSU officially over? Based on previous years, it seems that the last batch of interviews happened second to last week of April?

Is the application cycle for NSU officially over? Based on previous years, it seems that the last batch of interviews happened second to last week of April?
It’s safe to assume that interview invites are over at this point in the cycle

Has anyone received a call from Admissions about their WL position yet?

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day for all of us Alternate List folks

Just because the MD deadline just passed it doesn't mean they would have withdrawn from DO yesterday. MAY !5th is the D.O day and movement will start 16th for sure. I am sure there are others like me who are having a tough time making the final decision. As of now my spot here will likely get open in the near future to a deserving applicant from here.

Just because the MD deadline just passed it doesn't mean they would have withdrawn from DO yesterday. MAY !5th is the D.O day and movement will start 16th for sure. I am sure there are others like me who are having a tough time making the final decision. As of now my spot here will likely get open in the near future to a deserving applicant from here.
Which MD deadline passed?

You believe the WL movement will happen after May 15th?

To any current students attending NSUKPCOM: How is the student life/community? Do you guys have class wide events and go out together. Or do people tend hang with their own groups more? Or is it a mix of both?

Is there any group of Alternarte list students for NSU-KPCOM

To any current students attending NSUKPCOM: How is the student life/community? Do you guys have class wide events and go out together. Or do people tend hang with their own groups more? Or is it a mix of both?
I am wondering this too

How is the typical day for a DO student? How many hours of classes per week? How many hours of lab per week? How often do they have tests? Exams?

Typo above, correction
‘how long does the wait for Alt list last?
Any idea, anyone.

Typo above, correction
Any idea, anyone.
I think technically it lasts until August, idk if they will still be accepting folks off the waitlist during orientation or the first week of classes. Maybe someone else has insight into that

Typo above, correction
Any idea, anyone.
Also I looked into last years thread and it looks like the last person who posted about being accepted off the waitlist was on 7/16