2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Movement is supposed to start on the 16th correct?
Supposedly yes. The next and final payment deadline, I believe, is May 15th. Usually, after a payment deadline, WL movement starts. Plus, in prior years, WL movement has usually started mid May.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think technically it lasts until August, idk if they will still be accepting folks off the waitlist during orientation or the first week of classes. Maybe someone else has insight into that
From speaking to students at NSUKPCOM, they said that students were accepted up until the week before orientation I believe. I think its kind of bs because that's way too late, but it is what it is.

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering how many students in both campuses come up the waitlist. In some schools 30-40% of the class actually is pulled from waitlist/alt list. Any idea, any one?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wondering this too
So I contacted current students and they said that there are class wide events, such as beach days and what not. First semester is probably when there will be the most events. They also mentioned to go to campus everyday in the beginning because that's how you will make the most connections. Also, if you are not from the area, move there early (mid-late July) so you can start meeting people earlier.

Wondering how many students in both campuses come up the waitlist. In some schools 30-40% of the class actually is pulled from waitlist/alt list. Any idea, any one?
No idea, but I have heard that NSU does tend to WL a lot of students expecting to take students from the WL in the end. Don't know how true this is, so take it with a grain of salt.

How much is the deposit upon acceptance to hold the seat?

Super random but am I the only one that never heard back since sending my secondary?

Super random but am I the only one that never heard back since sending my secondary?
There are probably others as well, but at this point it's pretty much a rejection. The application cycle finished mid April I believe

There are probably others as well, but at this point it's pretty much a rejection. The application cycle finished mid April I believe
I figured, I got my A elsewhere but was just wondering as it was the only DO I didn't hear back from

I got an A today!!! Applied for Davie campus but got into Tampa. They had called me 2 days ago to ask if I was still interested in NSU, and then sent me an email with my acceptance today. Was originally on alternative list for approx 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I got an A today!!! Applied for Davie campus but got into Tampa. They had called me 2 days ago to ask if I was still interested in NSU, and then sent me an email with my acceptance today.
Congratulations for the Acceptance.

I got an A today!!! Applied for Davie campus but got into Tampa. They had called me 2 days ago to ask if I was still interested in NSU, and then sent me an email with my acceptance today. Was originally on alternative list for approx 3 weeks.
CONGRATS, Been on alternative list for 3 weeks also. Give me your strength that I get an A soon

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Did you send a letter of intent by any chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on your acceptance!! Did you send a letter of intent by any chance?
ty! I never sent a letter of intent, but when they called me a few days before the acceptance, I did mention how much i wanted to get in, and conveyed my interest through the call.

Just got a call asking if I was still interested or if I have committed to another school since the waitlist is moving starting today. I said I am still interested of course!

Just got a call asking if I was still interested or if I have committed to another school since the waitlist is moving starting today. I said I am still interested of course!
Congratulations

When did you interview?

when was your interview

Just got the A today as well! Will be accepting at Tampa Bay campus as well! Goodluck everyone! 🙏

When did you interview?

Just got the A today as well! Will be accepting at Tampa Bay campus as well! Goodluck everyone! 🙏

Congratulations. When where you interviewed and was on Alternate list since what date

I applied for Tampa. I was just given the A email! I will be attending Tampa campus. I did send LOI.
did you get any reply to your LOI? i sent one and never got anything back to confirm

did you get any reply to your LOI? i sent one and never got anything back to confirm
Who did you send it too and who did you cc? Usually they won't confirm it, I had to email separately asking if the LOI was on my application.

Who did you send it too and who did you cc? Usually they won't confirm it, I had to email separately asking if the LOI was on my application.
I sent it first to one of the admissions counselors and also Dean Wallace and cc'd the two counselors as well. I tried calling about it but no answer.

I sent it first to one of the admissions counselors and also Dean Wallace and cc'd the two counselors as well. I tried calling about it but no answer.
Which admissions counselor? You should have sent it to Melissa Chamberlain and then cc'd your admissions counselor. I personally would not have sent it to Dean Wallace. Maybe email your admission counselor that you had during interview day and confirm with them.

When I sent my withdrawal from NSU-Davie they didn't even bother to acknowledge or respond to it. Other schools I withdrew responded nicely wishing me success in future. Wish they were little professional.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that has been on the WL since March or before gotten accepted? It seems like people who recently got put on the WL are getting accepted first

Anyone know if waitlist movement is done for this school or will there be more?

Has anyone that has been on the WL since March or before gotten accepted? It seems like people who recently got put on the WL are getting accepted first
I interviewed on 3/7 and then got put on the alternate list on 3/14, so I've been waiting for awhile but its still possible! I prefed davie but they put me in tampa

I interviewed on 3/7 and then got put on the alternate list on 3/14, so I've been waiting for awhile but its still possible! I prefed davie but they put me in tampa
Thanks for the response and congrats on your acceptance. It seems that most of the people getting accepted of the WL are being accepted for the Tampa Bay campus. I prefer Davie as well so I hope I get a response soon

Withdrawing from my spot on the waitlist. Hope you all wishing to go to NSU-KPCOM hear back soon! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how likely it is for someone to get a campus swap from Tampa to FTL?

Does anyone know how likely it is for someone to get a campus swap from Tampa to FTL?

I was originally assigned to the TBR campus. I filled out the switch form in late April and was able to swap into the Davie campus. I’d say it’s pretty likely to swap into your campus of choice.

Anyone know when orientation is? For some reason I can’t find the date anywhere :/

I was originally assigned to the TBR campus. I filled out the switch form in late April and was able to swap into the Davie campus. I’d say it’s pretty likely to swap into your campus of choice.
Do you know where I can find the switch form?

Has there been anyone that has gotten accepted to Davie campus from the waitlist yet?