2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question: I believe there are 379 student placements for both campuses (Looks like 21 students (out of 400) didn't make it to 4th year). What does the 22 transitional placement mean? Does it mean they did not match into any residency (they desired)? Does it mean 94.2% residency match?
I thought I heard it was around 150 students for Tampa’s campus and around 230ish students for FTL’s campus so I assumed they had a match rate of 98% or so this year..? Or am I wrong?

Members don't see this ad.

How soon after the accepted email did you guys receive the deans letter? I’m still waiting on that since Thursday

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: I believe there are 379 student placements for both campuses (Looks like 21 students (out of 400) didn't make it to 4th year). What does the 22 transitional placement mean? Does it mean they did not match into any residency (they desired)? Does it mean 94.2% residency match?
Some specialties (Derm, anesthesia, etc) require you to do a transitional year, which is basically an intern year where you rotate around different specialties before starting your categorial residency (or your actual residency). You can either do this transitional year at the same hospital where you are doing your categorial residency, or you can do it at a different hospital.

You'll notice a "PGY-2" word next to some of the different specialties. This means they will start their categorical residency at the hospital listed but will do their transitional year at a different hospital. This separate hospital is listed in the transitional placement you mentioned.

So if you look at our derm matches: The Larkins match says "Larkin Comm Hospital Palm Springs Campus ‐ PGY2". So they'll be starting their dermatology residency at Larkins but will be doing a transitional year in one of those 22 transitional placements mentioned, as for which one, Nova doesn't specify.

Most importantly, some of those 22 transitional placements are students who did not match their desired specialty but matched into the one-year transitional year. Nova doesn't specify this. Hope that made sense!

Reactions: 1 user
Does it mean that some of the placements like Drm/Anaest that are displayed are actually from previous year students who took transitional year to get these residencies?

Does anyone know when the financial aid information comes out for NSU?

I received it after about a month after acceptance

From what i remember, they’re basically just like “we only have one scholarship available for disadvantaged students, other than that look elsewhere” lol

The Chancellor’s scholarship is only for those who satisfy bot these requirements
* Florida residents
* Low income or disadvantaged students.

I believe there are other scholarships too

Last edited:
Do you know on what day of the week or month the committee meets?

Members don't see this ad :)
Tracking the Facebook Group for Accepted Students until Waitlist Movement starts
04/05:
273 Students and no new students added in the past week.

Reactions: 2 users
Tracking the Facebook Group for Accepted Students until Waitlist Movement starts
04/05:
273 Students and no new students added in the past week.
Just an FYI, upperclassmates and random people trying to rent out apartments join the accepted groups

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For those joining the Davie campus, there are couple of places that have open spots for housing (Right across the medical school). I am planning to rent of them and if you wish to get the info for the landlord please send me private message.

Hello everyone! Quick question... Does anyone know how the campus transfer process works and how likely you are to get your campus of choice if you put yourself on the waitlist?

Hello everyone! Quick question... Does anyone know how the campus transfer process works and how likely you are to get your campus of choice if you put yourself on the waitlist?

I got my choice 30 minutes after I switched. Just ahead to email a form to them.

Were you recently accepted off of the WL?

Broad question, has anyone recently been accepted off the waitlist in the past few weeks?

Were you recently accepted off of the WL
No, I wasn’t put on the WL. I was directly accepted. But I put myself on the waitlist for the campus transfer to move from FLL to TBR and was wondering how long it took to be notified of the approval?

Davie campus is the most sought after campus . If you are moving from Davie to TB that shouldn't be a problem from a demand perspective . You should contact the admissions coordinator who emailed
the acceptance letter.

Accepted to the TBR campus. Does anyone have any suggestions for student living? Is there a discord for accepted students?

Do you think I should consider writing an email regarding my interest even after having interviwed? It's been about 2-3 weeks and I know that they plan to meet soon to discuss who they are accepting.

Do you think I should consider writing an email regarding my interest even after having interviwed? It's been about 2-3 weeks and I know that they plan to meet soon to discuss who they are accepting.
Typically you would want to wait about a month after your interview to send an LOI. If it has been a little more than 3 weeks, I don't see the harm in it.

I know they had said that they'd meet today to discuss our results. They didn't say when they'd tell us tho :(

When I got my results way back, they met and took around 10-14 days to get a result!
So how long did it take for you to hear back? Because it has already been about 3 weeks since the interview and I was hoping that they'd share the results the same day that they meet to discuss them.

So how long did it take for you to hear back? Because it has already been about 3 weeks since the interview and I was hoping that they'd share the results the same day that they meet to discuss them.
I think it was closer to 4 weeks, about a week and a half after they said that they would meet

Got the email pointing me towards their post bac program. Guess that's an R?

Got the email pointing me towards their post bac program. Guess that's an R?
Are you on Wait list? If so, ignore that email. If you haven't got the interview invite then Nova will not be your destination for 2023 matriculation. Nova's interview cycle is almost over

Last edited:
Are on Wait list? If so, ignore that email. If you haven't got the interview invite then Nova will not be your destination for 2023 matriculation. Nova's interview cycle is almost over

No wait list. Still waiting on an II LOLLLL

Does anyone have any insight on the potential dates we would hear back from NSU KPCOM on WL offers?