2019-2020 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week."

For this prompt they are only asking about employment during school, not post undergrad correct? I only ask because they ask for your current position, and I'm a few years removed from undergrad.

Members don't see this ad.

I only received an email with my electronic application attached but no phone call. Did this happen to anyone else? Secondary submitted 06/25

**Never mind. Just received the call too :D

Last edited:
Verified 5/23 and still haven't received secondary (anticipated passing screens), is it appropriate by now to email them and ask about it - or wait a few days more?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only received an email with my electronic application attached but no phone call. Did this happen to anyone else? Secondary submitted 06/25

**Never mind. Just received the call too :D
I'm still waiting on the phone call. I've just gotten the email with my app attached. Submitted 6/26.

Verified 5/23 and still haven't received secondary (anticipated passing screens), is it appropriate by now to email them and ask about it - or wait a few days more?
I was verified on 5/13 and have yet to receive secondary yet. I think it’s normal for people who were verified early to have not heard yet. If you do email them, let me know what they say

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone submit a primary and not receive a secondary yet? Trying to see if they screen or send it out to all applicants.
I believe they send to everyone when they get the primaries. I'm currently sitting with my primary submitted but no secondary yet. Verified earlier in the week this week.

Just submitted my primary, does anyone know how long it takes to get verified?

What phone call ? What did they say
Everyone so far is pretty much being told that the application was sent to the admissions committee for review and should hear back in 4-6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting for a secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
When did you submit the secondary? It took a couple of days for them to call me.
I haven't gotten the secondary yet, which I dont understand cause my application was submitted 6/15 and I was verified on 6/28.

Just got the phone call today, I thought they were going to give me an interview though :(

7/9/19

Cause I already got an email saying my app was complete.

Got the phone call today, and still waiting for my dang committee letter to be submitted

Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? Was submitted and completed by 6/21 and have received several secondaries from other schools but still nothing from NOVA.

Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? Was submitted and completed by 6/21 and have received several secondaries from other schools but still nothing from NOVA.
Same here. I'm just going to submit a secondary even though they never emailed me. AACOMAS shows my primary was submitted here.

Same here. I'm just going to submit a secondary even though they never emailed me. AACOMAS shows my primary was submitted here.
I would definitely advise against this. Instead, email the admissions office.

Admissions advised for submitting an unsolicited secondary...?
I called the admissions office and they recommended submitting the supplemental application if your AACOMAS app has been verified, if you have not received an email regarding the supplemental application and if you meet the minimum requirements.

I called the admissions office and they recommended submitting the supplemental application if your AACOMAS app has been verified, if you have not received an email regarding the supplemental application and if you meet the minimum requirements.

I’m going to be honest, while someone may have said this — if you are thinking about doing this I Would call yourself and confirm individually. I’ve never heard of a school doing this and you should never trust someone on SDN without confirming yourself. It’s nothing personal to you, I’ve just never heard of this happening and NSU seems like they have a bunch of random people answering admissions questions for all the different programs.

I’m going to be honest, while someone may have said this — if you are thinking about doing this I Would call yourself and confirm individually. I’ve never heard of a school doing this and you should never trust someone on SDN without confirming yourself. It’s nothing personal to you, I’ve just never heard of this happening and NSU seems like they have a bunch of random people answering admissions questions for all the different programs.
I would recommend calling, too, and for those reasons exactly. I'm just relaying what I was told. Applying to medical school has made me (and I'm sure many others) quite paranoid about making the wrong move...however, if an admissions office representative gives me instructions regarding the application, and I choose not to listen to them, then I'm not sure why calling helped.

I've applied to other programs that hadn't sent me a secondary after a strange amount of time and once I made some phone calls then things started to happen. This suggests that, for some reason, applicants occasionally get lost. I'd rather call, be instructed to submit an application and submit it...instead of calling, being instructed to submit one on my own and then continue to wait.

If for some reason this backfires, I'll be sure to follow-up with everyone here.

Edit: I emailed admissions twice before calling, and no response.

I would recommend calling, too, and for those reasons exactly. I'm just relaying what I was told. Applying to medical school has made me (and I'm sure many others) quite paranoid about making the wrong move...however, if an admissions office representative gives me instructions regarding the application, and I choose not to listen to them, then I'm not sure why calling helped.

I've applied to other programs that hadn't sent me a secondary after a strange amount of time and once I made some phone calls then things started to happen. This suggests that, for some reason, applicants occasionally get lost. I'd rather call, be instructed to submit an application and submit it...instead of calling, being instructed to submit one on my own and then continue to wait.

If for some reason this backfires, I'll be sure to follow-up with everyone here.

Edit: I emailed admissions twice before calling, and no response.

Absolutely agree 100 percent I was in no way saying what you’re saying isn’t true. We’re just strangers on a message board :) I hope it works for you!!

sooooooo we gonna see some interview invites soon?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else have a letter that says not received even though it was submitted to AACOMAS? :( Feel like it's holding up my app from being complete

Admissions advised for submitting an unsolicited secondary...?

I called NSU too. If you've met the minimum requirements and have been verified, then you should submit an unsolicited secondary application.

II, LM 67/68, dates were for August beginning August 13, I submitted 6/20 and was complete 6/21.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview this morning!

Reactions: 3 users