2019-2020 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fo the people who have interviewed here already, how was the one on one meeting with the Director of Admissions?
"The application day will begin with an orientation meeting with the Director of Admissions. Throughout the rest of the day there will be two formal interviews with members of the Admissions Committee as well as a brief presentation by a Financial Aid officer. "

The meeting with the DoA is as a group. Directors of admissions are generally administrators and aren't involved in actual admissions decisions, which is done by the dean of admissions and their committee.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
"The application day will begin with an orientation meeting with the Director of Admissions. Throughout the rest of the day there will be two formal interviews with members of the Admissions Committee as well as a brief presentation by a Financial Aid officer. "

The meeting with the DoA is as a group. Directors of admissions are generally administrators and aren't involved in actual admissions decisions, which is done by the dean of admissions and their committee.

Nope, there’s a one on one. It was v chill tho don’t sweat it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ii last week, the earliest dates were in the second week of January! There were a bunch of Jan. dates available though.
Complete mid-september

Reactions: 6 users
could anyone describe their interview experience/day? or any tips on how to get from bradley airport to yale?

Last edited:
I filled out the student request form ~month ago and interview next week but haven't heard back. When did others hear by?

Can anyone speak about their experience in the Yale pre-interview informal dinner? How informal is it (dress code, conversation, etc.)?

Can anyone speak about their experience in the Yale pre-interview informal dinner? How informal is it (dress code, conversation, etc.)?
Very informal. I wore a t-shirt and it was totally fine.

I think they meant to send me one but forgot somehow

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Are they up to January now in interview dates?
Someone please inform!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they up to January now in interview dates?
Someone please inform!

Canadian applicant here. Submitted my primary on Oct 15th (Only applying to 1 or 2 US schools this year).

Not sure if anyone here applied this late to receive this email haha. On Oct 24, I received a email reminder regarding the Nov 15th deadline for the secondaries. They mentioned they are now interviewing applicants throughout early February. So I'm assuming January interview spots are filled?

First (half) R, just got email that the MD/PhD committee couldn’t offer me an interview and my app was transferred to MD only evaluation :( submitted app mid October

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate here is?

Does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate here is?

somewhere between 30 and 40, I think it was 38? But honestly I wouldn't think too much about the acceptance rates, those include people accepted off the waitlist, and knowing these numbers doesn't really affect the outcome anyway.

Folks it is starting to get cold and wet in New England this time of year so don't forget to come prepared for weather at your interviews these next few months. As a bonus on rainy interview days, admissions will give you disposable Yale rain jackets lol.

Reactions: 5 users
are II/pre-II rejections sent out over email? also, do i have a glimmer of hope if i havent gotten a pre-II R yet, or meh? havent kept up with yale since i sent out secondaries in july

are II/pre-II rejections sent out over email? also, do i have a glimmer of hope if i havent gotten a pre-II R yet, or meh? havent kept up with yale since i sent out secondaries in july
I think Yale is one of the schools that doesn't send out R's until the end of the cycle. I also sent out secondaries in July, we gotta just keep hanging in there!

First (half) R, just got email that the MD/PhD committee couldn’t offer me an interview and my app was transferred to MD only evaluation :( submitted app mid October

oh **** this is going to be me I completed even later

Anyone know when they stop sending out IIs?

Is Yale receptive to post-II LOIs?

Hey y’all! Interviewing here in a couple of days. Any advice from current students or people who have already interviewed here ?

Hey y’all! Interviewing here in a couple of days. Any advice from current students or people who have already interviewed here ?
Hey congrats on the interview! Would you mind sharing your complete date?

For those that went to the pre-interview dinner with medical students, what was it like? I think I remember RSVPing several weeks ago when I got the interview invite, but there has been no further emails/info on the dinner since then, and my interview is this week.

For those that went to the pre-interview dinner with medical students, what was it like? I think I remember RSVPing several weeks ago when I got the interview invite, but there has been no further emails/info on the dinner since then, and my interview is this week.

Extremely extremely casual! You can talk as much or as little as you want about diversity in Yale. It was a very small group when I went!

Absolutely. I’d be ecstatic to attend either of the schools I interviewed at. It’s just scary because statistically 2II is no guarantee of an acceptance
statistically no amount of II's can guarantee an acceptance. But you do get to the point where if you have 6+ II's the chance of getting dinged all of the places is about the chance of winning a small lottery. You got Columbia right?

I know SDN is a small pool but in last years thread the last day someone posted an II was on december 10th - it may not be too late, keep your hopes up!

I know SDN is a small pool but in last years thread the last day someone posted an II was on december 10th - it may not be too late, keep your hopes up!
the thing is that Yale schedules really far ahead. II in mid sept, scheduled early dec. The interview season ends on Feb. 14 according to the meal order form in which you get to see all the available dates. So it's about right that now II's should be over.

II!!!!! Still two dates left in January (didn’t look at the February dates but assuming those are open too). Super excited after getting transferred to MD only consideration and thought I was for sure going to receive an R

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
II!!!!! Still two dates left in January (didn’t look at the February dates but assuming those are open too). Super excited after getting transferred to MD only consideration and thought I was for sure going to receive an R

When did you get moved to MD from MSTP? I just got moved today.

When will Yale send out their decisions (A/W/R)?

Are January interviews already filled up? What days of the week does Yale interview?
Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s. Not sure about dates again, sorry!

Are January interviews already filled up? What days of the week does Yale interview?
Just got an II yesterday, only date available was late January! I think they go through February.

• Love
Just got an II yesterday, only date available was late January! I think they go through February.
Congrats!

Though it doesn't seem like much hope for the rest of us.

Congrats!

Though it doesn't seem like much hope for the rest of us.
You never know! There should be more dates, plus people will start cancelling as more decisions come out in Jan/Feb.