2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the Sarah Steward still available for those who just got accepted? The application says the deadline was March 31st, but the application link still works.
I really don't know, sorry

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their NetID to access the portal to see the financial aid offer? I got an email that my offer is available, but I haven't received the NetID to log in.

Has anyone received their NetID to access the portal to see the financial aid offer? I got an email that my offer is available, but I haven't received the NetID to log in.
Its on the secondary portal under matriculation info

Anyone want to be an MVP and ask if we will know about Sarah Stewart before tomorrow?

Just called Dean Cheng and looks like the Stewart Scholarship is not coming out before we have to narrow down to 3 acceptances. She said next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted at Georgetown recently. Does anyone know if historically they have good WL movement? Maybe even more so because of this cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted at Georgetown recently. Does anyone know if historically they have good WL movement? Maybe even more so because of this cycle?
Yes known for waitlisting people prior to acceptances and good movement. They want those love letters tho. LO interests/intent

Reactions: 3 users
I think the SMP's get acceptances soon, so that might affect the WL movement in the near term

Does anyone know if people hear back on April 30 from the waitlist or is it sometime after like first week of May?

I just got in off the waitlist. HOYA SAXA BABY IM COMING HOME!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Current SMP student and just got the acceptance call!!!

Oh my goodness I'm beaming, this is my first and only acceptance
😭😭

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Full disclosure: I went there for undergrad and I really wanted to go back
I interviewed mid-November and was put on the waitlist mid-February
I wrote them a letter of interest in January and a letter of intent in February pre-waitlist
Then wrote another letter of intent at the beginning of April. And here I am!
And regarding how they reached me, the Dean of admissions (Dr. Dugan) called me. It came from a 301 area code phone number

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! Can I PM you?
Yes of course!

Fixing a GPA - Need advice on next moves (DIY or SMP) | Student Doctor Network
Also re: stats, here's a post I made 2 years ago when I was sad and lost and debating giving up pursuing medicine. I finished college with a 3.1 sGPA and a slightly higher total GPA with no consistent upward trend. I kinda half assed a DIY post-bac (did well, but only like a couple classes) and was starting to look at other options - working in public health for a year. Deep down though, I never really shaked the itch to pursue medicine so I hail Mary-ed and enrolled in the SMP and had a 3.8 when interviews went out.

Couldn't be happier with my decision.

• Love
Yes of course!

Fixing a GPA - Need advice on next moves (DIY or SMP) | Student Doctor Network
Also re: stats, here's a post I made 2 years ago when I was sad and lost and debating giving up pursuing medicine. I finished college with a 3.1 sGPA and a slightly higher total GPA with no consistent upward trend. I kinda half assed a DIY post-bac (did well, but only like a couple classes) and was starting to look at other options - working in public health for a year. Deep down though, I never really shaked the itch to pursue medicine so I hail Mary-ed and enrolled in the SMP and had a 3.8 when interviews went out.

Couldn't be happier with my decision.
You have your privacy settings such that I can't send you a PM.

You guys think there’ll be more WL movement? Or are they close to being done?
Considering they didn’t have a lot of WL movement this month as compared to last few years, I’m just curious

Sorry about that! Didn't realize that was a thing haha. Should be fixed now.
By the way, have you gotten any of the acceptance materials yet? I think they said we would get them on Monday but I’m a bit confused I haven’t gotten anything yet

By the way, have you gotten any of the acceptance materials yet? I think they said we would get them on Monday but I’m a bit confused I haven’t gotten anything yet
I also haven't gotten anything yet, but I'm assuming they're out of the office for the weekend! I'm expecting things to come early next week (I was told Monday-ish too). I wouldn't worry too much, if you got a call you're def in :D

Can someone give the low down on what the FInancial aide deadlines were?

im a bit confused about what was due March 1st, and may 1st?
And if someone does know, can you speak to the consequences of missing the March 1st one?

3.97 SMP GPA, maybe they just forgot to call me? :(

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the rest of the As from WL are going to be only for SMP and other masters folks? Or do regular applicants on the WL still have a chance?

Does anyone know if the rest of the As from WL are going to be only for SMP and other masters folks? Or do regular applicants on the WL still have a chance?
I’m not a SMP candidate and I got in on Friday, so hopefully that gives everyone else hope!

• Love
Any current students willing to answer a few questions?