2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for your message. Do you know when I might then hear anything? I completed my secondary application on July 17th. Does that answer your question?
It's hard to predict when they'll look at it again. It's not a rejection though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the same "application is on hold" message in the portal. Complete 8/26.

Just submitted my secondary. Anyone know how much emphasis they place on those secondary essays? LM66.4 so I'm wondering how much their holistic approach is truly holistic.

Just submitted my secondary. Anyone know how much emphasis they place on those secondary essays? LM66.4 so I'm wondering how much their holistic approach is truly holistic.
They are important and likely more than one admission committee member will read them.

Reactions: 2 users
Apologies, I saw this posted before but I'm still a bit confused, is seeing "Your application will be held for further review for later in the cycle" a hold or is that something else?

Anyone else complete around late July not on hold or anything yet?

Apologies, I saw this posted before but I'm still a bit confused, is seeing "Your application will be held for further review for later in the cycle" a hold or is that something else?
From what I understand, that's a hold

Reactions: 2 users
Wait, so is a hold bad at this school? My GPAs are pretty low. I thought for sure they would down right reject me.

Wait, so is a hold bad at this school? My GPAs are pretty low. I thought for sure they would down right reject me.
No, a hold is not bad, it means you will be considered for future interviews. The admissions team meets periodically to choose more for interviews.
Most schools will not give out all their interviews at this early stage because they still have fresh apps coming in.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, a hold is not bad, it means you will be considered for future interviews. The admissions team meets periodically to choose more for interviews.
Most schools will not give out all their interviews at this early stage because they still have fresh apps coming in.

Thank you for the prompt response! This is the first “non rejection” from an MD school, so pretty excited lol.

Reactions: 1 users
From last years thread at least they don’t do any rejections until all interviews are over.

Ok now within two days it went from:

(Sept 2) "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

To

(Sept 4) "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

Isn't this backward?? It went back into review??

Ok now within two days it went from:

(Sept 2) "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

To

(Sept 4) "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

Isn't this backward?? It went back into review??
To me that's a good sign :happy:

does anyone know how to submit this secondary? i seem not to find the submission button.

Hey, do you know how to submit this secondary. I seem not to find the submission button

Hey, do you know how to submit this secondary. I seem not to find the submission button

Yeah it was weird.... I had to go through the Supplemental Application link and then just press continue. Once I entered all the information and essays after 3-4 times I said complete and it ended up submitting. Since we already paid it doesn't take you to a screen or anything. Kind of odd. I don't know how helpful that was but just keep trying.

Yeah it was weird.... I had to go through the Supplemental Application link and then just press continue. Once I entered all the information and essays after 3-4 times I said complete and it ended up submitting. Since we already paid it doesn't take you to a screen or anything. Kind of odd. I don't know how helpful that was but just keep trying.
Thanks a lot. For some reason when I was pressing continue nothing was happening. I closed the browser and tried again and that worked. Thank you again

• Care
I got an II today, but the only option for the interview is tomorrow?? Did this happen to anyone else? Also, I have no information about what time it starts and no zoom link? Any help would be great!

I got an II today, but the only option for the interview is tomorrow?? Did this happen to anyone else? Also, I have no information about what time it starts and no zoom link? Any help would be great!
Shoot them an email. Shouldn’t be an issue. There are plenty more interview dates. Don’t rush into such an important interview.

Yup same here. Only have one option and it's for tomorrow. Gonna take talldoc's advice and shoot them an email tomorrow morning if it's not updated.

Last edited:
Previously had the hold message but now noticed it switched to this: "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

Reactions: 3 users
Previously had the hold message but now noticed it switched to this: "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
+1

Same. I guess that’s what they mean by rereviewing throughout the whole cycle different apps and comparing them again to others. But since at least according to last years thread they don’t reject anyone until after interviews are over it’s really impossible to know what it all means.

+1

I'm here to second (third, fourth...) everyone saying that their file was switched from hold to "undergoing a review."

Complete on 7/27, still under review. I do not think my status was ever changed to hold. Did you guys get an email indicating status change when it was placed on hold for re-review? Hoping to hear back soon :( Loyola is a great school

Complete on 7/27, still under review. I do not think my status was ever changed to hold. Did you guys get an email indicating status change when it was placed on hold for re-review? Hoping to hear back soon :( Loyola is a great school
No email, just the portal update. I'm not sure what to expect :/

+3

Hey guys! I know I posted about this before but wanted to see your opinion. So my status has said "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. Your file will be reviewed upon receipt of your most recent set of MCAT scores. To avoid further delay, please submit your letters of recommendation if you haven’t already done so." since I submitted my secondary on August 1st. I took my MCAT in June and was verified mid-June as well. I just wanted to make sure it shouldnt be a concern that I havent been looked at yet.

I've tried everything to get paragraph spaces on my Loyola essays but it doesn't seem to work, anyone have advice for this?

Hey guys! I know I posted about this before but wanted to see your opinion. So my status has said "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. Your file will be reviewed upon receipt of your most recent set of MCAT scores. To avoid further delay, please submit your letters of recommendation if you haven’t already done so." since I submitted my secondary on August 1st. I took my MCAT in June and was verified mid-June as well. I just wanted to make sure it shouldnt be a concern that I havent been looked at yet.

I think you may want to email them or call them. I’m pretty sure if you have everything turned in it should read “your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago - Stritch School of Medicine.”

Have any of the earlier applicants from August whose status changed from hold to under review received an II? or were you put on hold again?

Anyone who's already done their interview able to share what their thoughts are? (Was it chill and relaxed lol)

Anyone who's already done their interview able to share what their thoughts are? (Was it chill and relaxed lol)
I really enjoyed it. Everyone was very welcoming from students to staff