2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to MSAR interviews start the 25th? Has anyone received a II?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II Received 12:48 PM CST; OOS, 519, 4.0, ORM

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I received an email just this morning. I was submitted my secondary on August 13th.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! I received an email just this morning. I was submitted my secondary on August 13th.
OMG what a quick turnaround congrats to you and everyone else who got interviews, go SLAY them. I hope the rest of us get emails soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm totally struggling through these secondary prompts! I'm wondering if I could bounce off some ideas with anyone?

I'm totally struggling through these secondary prompts! I'm wondering if I could bounce off some ideas with anyone?

Hey! Please message me :) I don't know much, but I got an II so that has to mean something? lol

WOW they’re fast! Makes me motivated to finish up my secondary. These prompts are tough though

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone else’s status say your file is complete and currently undergoing a review?

Reactions: 6 users
OOS II received, but has anyone found any actual information about the interview day? Times? What to expect? August 25th is very soon!

Reactions: 4 users
I got put on hold. Complete 8/13

Message in portal was: "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

• Wow
Mine is still under review. OOS, submission date 07/27 (though it was 07/17, the form went blank so they resent it to me on 07/27 when I was able to resubmit the entire thing again)

Mine is still under review. OOS, submission date 07/27 (though it was 07/17, the form went blank so they resent it to me on 07/27 when I was able to resubmit the entire thing again)
I'm in the same boat. Completed 7/28. No change to my "under review" status since then.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. Complete 7/27 and no change to "under review"

Reactions: 1 users
For the non-academic challenge question, would a story from my research be okay? I can’t decide if that would be considered academic or not.

finally submitted this secondary after having it for over two weeks. Let me just say this secondary was a lot of work o_O
UCF Orlando's secondary was hell. Loyola's was a cake walk compared to that one :diebanana:

Have you done Miami yet?
I received it, but I haven't done it yet simply because the questions pissed me off. However, I don't know if that was residual anger from looking through Orlando's secondary. It really got under my skin, so much so that I'm probably not even going to do it.

Does anyone know how strict the school is regarding the size of the uploaded professional picture? Because I uploaded a picture size larger than the required size.

Does anyone know how strict the school is regarding the size of the uploaded professional picture? Because I uploaded a picture size larger than the required size.

I think it automatically gets resized. I did not have the opportunity to have a passport photo. So I used my iphone. For some school it automatically resized. So I am not worried about it.

I think it automatically gets resized. I did not have the opportunity to have a passport photo. So I used my iphone. For some school it automatically resized. So I am not worried about it.
Thank you so much! I was anxious over the weekend

Good luck to everyone with interviews tomorrow!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anybody else's application been put on hold? I never received an email, but I saw this today when I checked the portal. It shows today's date but I have no clue when I was actually placed on hold, nor do I know what it means.

submitted 7/22 and this is the message I have: "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

Reactions: 3 users
Has anybody else's application been put on hold? I never received an email, but I saw this today when I checked the portal. It shows today's date but I have no clue when I was actually placed on hold, nor do I know what it means.
When were you complete?

I think I remember one other person post that they have this status, earlier this month in the thread. They also didn't receive an email about it, but just saw it one day.

+1.. not sure when i got the hold status

When were you complete??
I received my complete email 7/20, but my committee letter wasn't released till 8/14 so not sure if they put me on hold prior to even receiving my letters or if it happened immediately after 8/14

hope that helps

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :stop: I don't think they send update emails, but I remember mine was put on hold pretty much immediately after I completed on 8/6. I think I read a comment or two of applicants being put on hold and then receiving an ii so it don't mean much, I guess.

For anyone who interviewed yesterday: how did it go? Was it pretty laid back as the interview feedback page has said for previous years?