2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know where we can find their most recent match list?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted! Interviewed 5/7! WOOO

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, guys! Just wanted to ask which e-mail you guys used to provide WCU-COM with your final, updated transcript? I'm currently utilizing Parchment and wasn't sure if we should be sending our transcripts to "William Carey University - College of Osteopathic Medicine" or to "[email protected]". Thanks

ACCEPTED!! Literally crying right now because I'm going to be a doctor

Reactions: 2 users
With this acceptance wave, does that mean interview season has ended for this cycle?

Does anybody know when the deposit is due? There is no specific deadline in the acceptance email

Having my interview tomorrow morning. Please keep me in you all’s prayers if you don’t mind. I’m all scared and anxious.

Having my interview tomorrow morning. Please keep me in you all’s prayers if you don’t mind. I’m all scared and anxious.
No need to be anxious! Very easy, quick and painless interview.
Why physician?
Why DO?
What specialty?
Ethical question (mine was you have a 20 something year old come into the ER after a motorcycle wreck. He’s a paraplegic now and he tells you he doesn’t want to live. What do you do?)
Describe a community service activity you did
Describe a leadership role you had
What are 3 qualities you think a physician should have?
I think that’s all that was asked.

Has anyone looked at housing near WCU? I'm not sure where to live. If I live 20 minutes away from campus, do you think that will take too much time out of my day? Any tips from current students or those recently accepted are appreciated, thanks!

Does anyone know how financial aid works? I'm trying to apply for need-based financial aid and I was wondering if WCUCOM was generous with grants?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed this morning and they said they’ve given out enough acceptances to fill the class, so they’re now interviewing for the deferred list, which is ranked. Admission committee will meet again on June 2nd.

Has anyone looked at housing near WCU? I'm not sure where to live. If I live 20 minutes away from campus, do you think that will take too much time out of my day? Any tips from current students or those recently accepted are appreciated, thanks!

Arbor Walk

I will also be withdrawing my acceptance to William Carey. I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck to all of you.

• Love
Does anybody know when the deposit is due? There is no specific deadline in the acceptance email
I called and told Donna I’m sending via check in the mail, it says immediately but if you call and let them know you’re taking the offer they’ll give you a few days

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed this morning and they said they’ve given out enough acceptances to fill the class, so they’re now interviewing for the deferred list, which is ranked. Admission committee will meet again on June 2nd.
Did they mention when they will be sending out pre ii rejections?

Did they mention when they will be sending out pre ii rejections?
They didn’t, but I didn’t ask. If you email Ms. Day or Dr. Weir they can probably help you. They’re both very nice.

I interviewed this morning and they didn’t tell me that. Did you ask or they just told you? Thanks!

• Hmm
I interviewed this morning and they didn’t tell me that. Did you ask or they just told you? Thanks!
I specifically asked because I have an acceptance from another school and was wondering about the likelihood of being admitted to WCUCOM (I’m supposed to sign a lease for a house near the other school next week, but I think WCU might be a better fit so I was asking if I should wait). I also had an email with Dr. Weir after the interview and he confirmed that the class “only has about 5 spots open with some deposits pending” and that the committee will meet again on the 2nd.

I specifically asked because I have an acceptance from another school and was wondering about the likelihood of being admitted to WCUCOM (I’m supposed to sign a lease for a house near the other school next week, but I think WCU might be a better fit so I was asking if I should wait). I also had an email with Dr. Weir after the interview and he confirmed that the class “only has about 5 spots open with some deposits pending” and that the committee will meet again on the 2nd.
He also said that he expects that more than 5 spots will open up, but there’s no way of knowing how many or when.

Aw I wish they would send out pre ii rejection already so people like me can stop holding onto false hope lol

Do we know if we will know where we are on the wait list

I wonder how many interviews they did/ will be doing for those five spots

great! i just interviewed so will not hear for awhile, but its refreshing to have a school be transparent for once!
im on 3 other waitlists, and its killing me having false hope

they’re still sending out IIs? Wtf

• Love
Please who ever gets in from deferred list should give us a heads up that they've started acceptances
Thanks.

• Love
Anyone knows what time in the day they’ll send out the decision email? Like to tell you if you’re A, R, or deferred? I know we should hear something back from them this Thursday I think.

Thank you!

Anyone knows what time in the day they’ll send out the decision email? Like to tell you if you’re A, R, or deferred? I know we should hear something back from them this Thursday I think.

Thank you!
Mine came in at 2:03pm.