2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an II here today! What a Blessing. OOS :)
First things first congrats to everyone who got an II!!! Second, I was curious, as I just submitted my secondary last week, if there was ever a complete email or if the only the email before the II was the one titled "Burrell College Supplemental Application Submitted" Thanks in advance!

First things first congrats to everyone who got an II!!! Second, I was curious, as I just submitted my secondary last week, if there was ever a complete email or if the only the email before the II was the one titled "Burrell College Supplemental Application Submitted" Thanks in advance!

I did not get a complete email and got an II

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :) The soonest date I could get was October 21st !
II received! Application complete on 7/10. I was surprised that the earliest I could get was also 10/21! Does anyone know when the first interviews are?

Hi everyone! Do y'all think it's absolutely necessary to do the video? Idk if this helps but my overall GPA is 3.13, sGPA is 3.06, post-bacc GPA is 4.0, and my MCAT is a 505 (125/125/128/127).

Hi everyone! Do y'all think it's absolutely necessary to do the video? Idk if this helps but my overall GPA is 3.13, sGPA is 3.06, post-bacc GPA is 4.0, and my MCAT is a 505 (125/125/128/127).

Didn’t do a video and have an II

I did a video due to having lower scores. I did receive an II, but, not certain if my video helped at all.

Did anyone receive an "application complete" email? I just now realized the last email I got from them states that my secondary was submitted, and this was nearly a month ago.

Did anyone receive an "application complete" email? I just now realized the last email I got from them states that my secondary was submitted, and this was nearly a month ago.

I did not receive a complete email and I received an II

Reactions: 1 user
I received an II with a 497.
Congratulations! Did you address your MCAT score in your secondary? My score is similar to yours and I'm debating if I should address it. It's probably the weakest part of my application but I feel like I'm drawing unneeded attention to it.

Congratulations! Did you address your MCAT score in your secondary? My score is similar to yours and I'm debating if I should address it. It's probably the weakest part of my application but I feel like I'm drawing unneeded attention to it.

Don’t do it. I have not addressed any blemishes in my application and have multiple DO IIs and one A. Sell yourself rather than highlight your flaws — no one will advocate for you better than your app

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t do it. I have not addressed any blemishes in my application and have multiple DO IIs and one A. Sell yourself rather than highlight your flaws — no one will advocate for you better than your app
would you suggest not adressing a low GPA but strong upward trend then also?

II, OOS, interview is 10/14 earliest i could sign up for. i did not make a supplemental video. mcat not particularly impressive 509 (127/123/128/131). 3 point increase from initial take. sgpa 3.69 cgpa 3.77.

When did people hear back after being complete?

That's what I've been thinking. But, did you just not answer the application strengthening question for the Burrell secondary at all?

That's what I've been thinking. But, did you just not answer the application strengthening question for the Burrell secondary at all?

I answered it sincerely -- but it was an answer that talked more about an opportunity I wish I had taken to include in my application, or an experience I should have pursued. That way I wasn't just writing "I suck in xyz department but please accept me anyway"

That being said I don't recommend doing that if you have obvious holes in your application. I had all the basics -- non-clinical volunteering, clinical employment, clinical volunteering, shadowing, research, leadership, tutoring, etc. So I was able to say that answer in a sincere way, but it may sound not as great coming from someone who has zero shadowing, for example

That being said I don't recommend doing that if you have obvious holes in your application. I had all the basics -- non-clinical volunteering, clinical employment, clinical volunteering, shadowing, research, leadership, tutoring, etc. So I was able to say that answer in a sincere way, but it may sound not as great coming from someone who has zero shadowing, for example
Makes sense, thank you!

Just got an II, IS submitted secondary 7/29/21

• Love
Pre-II rejection. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Sad