2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone that interviewed mid Dec heard back yet ?
I bet we all hear back on Tuesday/Thursday now. Because I believe my interview (1/11) was the first since they were back from break so I bet they are reviewing all of ours together

Reactions: 1 user
anyone else feeling extremely nervous after their interview? I can't stop thinking about things I should have said and my anxiety is through the roof. hoping for the best !

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview! Earliest dates they are providing are for mid-Feb. Obviously, I feel very fortunate but cannot help but think I may be interviewing for the WL. Fingers crossed.

Got an interview! Earliest dates they are providing are for mid-Feb. Obviously, I feel very fortunate but cannot help but think I may be interviewing for the WL. Fingers crossed.
In my experience, back when I interviewed. It was around the start of February and I got waitlisted, then accepted way later that cycle- so hang in there for now!

In my experience, back when I interviewed. It was around the start of February and I got waitlisted, then accepted way later that cycle- so hang in there for now!
Thank you, that's encouraging. I am a re-applicant as well who interviewed with them last year, so I don't know if that bodes well for my chances, but I'm excited.

anyone else feeling extremely nervous after their interview? I can't stop thinking about things I should have said and my anxiety is through the roof. hoping for the best !
FELT THAT I AM JUST COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS! Like I need to talk this out

Can any current students tell me whether lectures are in person or online?

Can any current students tell me whether lectures are in person or online?
All EXAM lectures are OPTIONAL in person atm, and they get recorded so they can be watched later too. Some students don't go to class and just wait for the recorded lectures as well.

But some non-exam lectures are mandatory to attend and are done over zoom (special occasions once a week or so for an hour or 2). And of course we have activities (not lectures as much) like clinical skills and OMM that are MANDATORY in person.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview coming up this week- any advice? Do y’all think I still have a chance at an A even though I’m interviewing later? Honesty please.

If they’re handing out A’s this week the class isn’t full yet. And if the class were to fill up within coming weeks, then a waitlist would be established but waitlist movement can happen into the summer so I wouldn’t worry too much
Thanks!! Really like this program so I’m remianing hopeful.

interviewed 1/20 and anxious. Do you guys think the overall response time is delayed (since the mid December interviewees just heard back)? Or do you think the 2-3 week time frame is still accurate?

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 1/20 and anxious. Do you guys think the overall response time is delayed (since the mid December interviewees just heard back)? Or do you think the 2-3 week time frame is still accurate?
Same here, feeling super nervous. Fingers crossed for us!

Will be turning down the A, hope it goes out to one of you! Good luck!

got a continued considering email ? weird. Complete early Aug and nothing. Sent an update in Oct.

I am so excited to say I just got my first II, from Burrell!!!

Anyone have tips for the interview?

got a continued considering email ? weird. Complete early Aug and nothing. Sent an update in Oct.
What does this mean? Is it like when you're on hold with Customer Service and they interrupt the music to say "your call is very important to us, thank you for continuing to hold"?

What does this mean? Is it like when you're on hold with Customer Service and they interrupt the music to say "your call is very important to us, thank you for continuing to hold"?
kind of?
But burrell doesn't do holds and the email did not say hold.
Did you get the same email?

kind of?
But burrell doesn't do holds and the email did not say hold.
Did you get the same email?
I applied the last cycle. I'm a current OMS1 here :)

My memory is **** now cuz it's all anki for whatever block we're on (GI midterm tomorrow) but IIRC they never emailed me once I got the secondary complete confirmation around Thanksgiving? I sent them an update letter in January cuz I had more grades to report from the fall and I was volunteering at the local vaccination superstation and they sent a "K, thx" email that was just about that short. A few weeks after that I got my II and then a week after that I got my acceptance.

The timeline can move very fast or kinda slow depending on what sorts of administrative stuff they have going on here that eats up their time. I wouldn't necessarily interpret any delays in communication as a judgment against yourself and more as a proxy for how much other work the Burrell staff have on their plate. Anyway, best of luck to y'all!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Same here. Just got the email. Completed back in July. Sent an update a few weeks back. Hope it turns into something.
I also got this email! Applied July and updated in December if I remember correctly.

Has anyone heard back from the week of 1/10-1/14? It's been 3 weeks and the anticipation is killing me lol

did any one receive post interview decisions today? 1/20 here and nothing yet for me :(

Hi, so this is my first post on sdn but I got a II for Burrell, super nervous. Does anyone have tips for the interview? Thank you !!

Hi, so this is my first post on sdn but I got a II for Burrell, super nervous. Does anyone have tips for the interview? Thank you !!
Congrats! Mind sharing stats?

Applied Oct 26
Received an II few days ago.
MCAT: 505, GPA: 3.31, sGPA: 3.16

• Love
My interview is in a couple weeks. If anyone has some helpful interview tips, I would really appreciate it! I am a re-applicant from last year for more context.

• Love
Hey guys, I also am in for my first interview soon and would appreciate any suggestions or uplifting words!
Stats:
MCAT: 500, undergradGPA: 3.71, undergrad scienceGPA: 3.6, graduateGPA: 3.83

• Love
Recently got accepted and would love to ask some current students on their thoughts on the school and their overall option on the area, curriculum, rotation sites, and etc. Feel free to post here or please pm! Thank you.