2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you have a separate interview for FMAT? Or was it just in interview for the school in general?
It is a separate interview I'm pretty sure. But I am RD so don't quote me on that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you have a separate interview for FMAT? Or was it just in interview for the school in general?
Yes I had 3 interviews in total. 1 FMAT, 1 MD, and 1 faculty. The first 2 were closed and the last one was open file.

Reactions: 1 users
Prematch came in about 10 minutes ago! Interviewed on 9/30

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. You're going to be a fantastic doctor! :)
Thank you!!! And congratulations on all your successes too! (and the many more to come :) )

• Love
Prematch came in about 10 minutes ago! Interviewed on 9/30
Nice!! Congratulations! And way to get the threads going again with some action. Here's to more members hearing from Lubbock in the very near future!

Reactions: 2 users
Nice!! Congratulations! And way to get the threads going again with some action. Here's to more members hearing from Lubbock in the very near future!
Hoping a lot of us hear back, fingers crossed 🤞

• Care
Any movement this weekend?
There isn't really ever any movement on weekends. It all happens during business hours unless there is a weird deadline that falls on the weekend (like pre-match going out on October 15th).

Members don't see this ad :)
In-state interview invite early this afternoon! Secondary submitted in mid-August

• Love
In state II today :,) 4.0, 502, LM 66, ORM, completed in late July

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does TTU Lubbock have a pre-interview social the night before? Didn't see it on the email for tomorrow's session, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Does TTU Lubbock have a pre-interview social the night before? Didn't see it on the email for tomorrow's session, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Yep, there was a pre-interview social! It was the night before form 7-8pm CST, and the invite for it was sent out like 5 days prior to the scheduled interview.

Edit: Check your email for "Virtual Social With The Dean's Ambassador's - RSVP Re: Virtual Hangout RSVP"

Does anybody know when they'll send details about the preview day in December? I signed up but didn't receive anything and I'm trying to book a flight and a place to stay.

Does anybody know when they'll send details about the preview day in December? I signed up but didn't receive anything and I'm trying to book a flight and a place to stay.
For the 9/10 one they didn’t send anything until the day before but the event was from 8am-12pm (check in started at 7:30 but the doors didn’t open until around 7:45) at their academics event center on the TTUHSC campus if this helps at all. Im assuming it would be same time across events but maybe someone who went to another date can confirm?

Last edited:
For the 9/10 one they didn’t send anything until the day before but the event was from 8am-12pm (check in started at 7:30 but the doors didn’t open until around 7:45) at their academics event center on the TTUHSC campus if this helps at all. Im assuming it would be same time across events but maybe someone who went to another date can confirm?
Thank you so much!

Is the next preview day December 8th or 9th?
I booked it a long while ago and didn't get a confirmation email so I totally forgot what day it was. I just remember it's one of those days.

Is the next preview day December 8th or 9th?
I booked it a long while ago and didn't get a confirmation email so I totally forgot what day it was. I just remember it's one of those days.
An email I got says 12/10, but I'd double-check if I were you.

Edit: All the other dates provided were Saturdays, so 12/10 sounds right to me!

II just over an hour ago! Only date available was 11/18. I’m so excited! My inbox had been dry for a while before this. Complete 08/13

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II just now! Complete 6/1! I'm absolutely flabbergasted!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when TTU's interview season ends?

Last year the last interview invite went out around December 10 (according to the republic of Texas thread) so I’m guessing their last interviews are in January.

Does this school give out a lot of pre-matches? Also, does the TMDSAS match system guarantee acceptance if you got 5 interviews?

Does this school give out a lot of pre-matches? Also, does the TMDSAS match system guarantee acceptance if you got 5 interviews?
The more interviews will increase your likelihood of a match, but there is no guarantee. Your interview has to add to their impression of you, not ruin it :confused:

Do you have any interviews left? May be you should do some mock interviews.

As @wysdoc says, with more interviews your admission chances go up but if you do something in the interviews they dont like nothing is guaranteed.

Do you have any interviews left? May be you should do some mock interviews.

As @wysdoc says, with more interviews your admission chances go up but if you do something in the interviews they dont like nothing is guaranteed.
no more interviews left. But also I didn't get any pre-matches. should I be worried? Im starting to think they didn't like my interviews

no more interviews left. But also I didn't get any pre-matches. should I be worried? Im starting to think they didn't like my interviews
Hey @wantstobeaphysician , what nobody has said so far is how amazing it is to get 5 interviews. They saw something in your application that made them want to meet you, and it's pretty rare to get that many interviews. You have done what you need to, take pride in it! and I hope that one of those turns into an acceptance for you in March.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Hey @wantstobeaphysician , what nobody has said so far is how amazing it is to get 5 interviews. They saw something in your application that made them want to meet you, and it's pretty rare to get that many interviews. You have done what you need to, take pride in it! and I hope that one of those turns into an acceptance for you in March.
Yes, getting 5 interviews in Texas is not easy. I have come across many who didn't get a match with 2 interviews last year but I am yet to come across one with 5.

If nothing happens before match, there will be many seats released during match where all the people here with multiple admissions will need to release all their prematches down to 1 admission. So you will have 5 different schools which may have ranked you to match during the match process as next in line.

Last edited:
Yes, getting 5 interviews in Texas is not easy. I have come across many who didn't get a match with 2 interviews last year but I am yet to come across one with 5.

If nothing happens before match, there will be many seats released during match where all the people here with multiple admissions will need to release all their prematches down to 1 admission. So you will have 5 different schools which may have ranked you to match during the match process as next in line.
I only have two so that’s kinda scary

A majority of medical school students according AMCAS have only one admission and many go by default to their state school where many states have only one medical school. A corollary to that is that they may have only interviewed at that one state school.

It is the luck of the draw and no two applicant pools are alike in successive years. In a lot of cases, the schools trying to get a good cross section of students will short change some great applicants (the schools want to find the most diverse candidates that give them a lot of checkboxes).

Keep a positive attitude!

• Care

On Reddit I've seen one person with 7 who didn't match but that must be very very rare. 5 interviews is very impressive.

Last edited:
Please Don't Worry! keep your hopes up. Remember with interviews it's quality over quantity. Many people get a lot of interviews but don't match while other people might get one interview and match. I'm worried because I don't have a backup plan. Medicine is the only thing I want to do

On Reddit I've seen one person with 7 who didn't match but that must be very very rare. 5 interviews is very impressive.
Texas with match process works differently and they also cancel everyone who has an admission not to be on waitlists beyond May 15th to make room for people without an admission. Being a Texas resident who interviewed in Texas has certain advantages over someone in Reddit who might be interviewing nationally (I am assuming).