A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just now? In the middle of the night?
Yes just got an email 15 minutes ago although I reside on the west coast. Very surprised and happy to interview here :).

Members don't see this ad.

Hahahaha I love how competitive some people are on these forums. Will do anything to make other people stress. Good on you for calling him out Albo.

Reactions: 1 users
Hahahaha I love how competitive some people are on these forums. Will do anything to make other people stress. Good on you for calling him out Albo.
You know there's always people in these forums posting about getting II in the middle of the night, I just don't get it... I'm sure admissions officers sleep too

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys receive a "complete" email? I submitted in July and haven't received anything yet.

No, i did not get a complete email.I had to email them to ensure my file was complete.

did you guys receive a "complete" email? I submitted in July and haven't received anything yet.

I only got an email title "Secondary Application Received" and it gives you a code to check if your file is received or not

I got the last email from kCOM saying that they are processing my file on July 9th.

Now it has been more than a month. Nothing yet.

Is it normal? Anyone in the similar situation? I have been wondering if they mail me something but lost in the mailing process.... Not sure what happened

I got the last email from kCOM saying that they are processing my file on July 9th.

Now it has been more than a month. Nothing yet.

Is it normal? Anyone in the similar situation? I have been wondering if they mail me something but lost in the mailing process.... Not sure what happened
I am in a similar situation. Haven't got anything in mail, and haven't heard from them via email either.

I am in a similar situation. Haven't got anything in mail, and haven't heard from them via email either.

Thanks! I guess I can give them a call later if I want to find out. They send interview invite through emails, so if the notification is not sent via email, it can only be either waitlist or rejection. I am just not sure if I really want to know about it though :(

I submitted my application early in July and I still haven't heard anything after I got the complete email. So I am assuming that I have been silently waitlisted for an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
For those getting worried about silence after a month, I was complete for nearly 3 months before receiving an II. I believe that's not the norm, but totally possible. I'd at least give it a few more weeks before you start worrying. If it's been almost 2 months with no word, then give them a call.

Reactions: 1 users
For those getting worried about silence after a month, I was complete for nearly 3 months before receiving an II. I believe that's not the norm, but totally possible. I'd at least give it a few more weeks before you start worrying. If it's been almost 2 months with no word, then give them a call.
I was wondering if you can comment on the research opportunities at KCOM. I would like to get involved in research but I'm worried that the isolated location might make that difficult.

I was wondering if you can comment on the research opportunities at KCOM. I would like to get involved in research but I'm worried that the isolated location might make that difficult.
I had no interest in research so I never sought out opportunities. I know many in my class were interested in research and did it. The opportunity is there if you pursue it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had no interest in research so I never sought out opportunities. I know many in my class were interested in research and did it. The opportunity is there if you pursue it.
Ok thank you

Any former/current students live in the on-campus apartments? When does everyone usually move into them, or move to Kirksville in general? Trying to plan a "last hurrah" summer trip next year before starting at KCOM.

II just now!!! First one of the application season! Any interviewed here before? Mind offering some advice on how to prepare? (Haven't scoured this forum yet)

Submitted July 20th.. Received an email 8/3 saying my application was in the review process

Anyone have opinions on which hotel to stay at? I'm iffy about reading online reviews..

Anyone have opinions on which hotel to stay at? I'm iffy about reading online reviews..
I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Super 8 in Kirksville. Holiday Inn would be a good choice if you are worried about hotel quality, it was pleasant. But the Holiday Inn was a bit pricier when I was looking at going back for my interview so I stayed at the Super 8. Not exactly a fair rating hotel, but if you just want a bed with clean sheets to sleep in for a low price, the Super 8 worked out fine for me. It took me <5 minutes to get to ATSU from both.

I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Super 8 in Kirksville. Holiday Inn would be a good choice if you are worried about hotel quality, it was pleasant. But the Holiday Inn was a bit pricier when I was looking at going back for my interview so I stayed at the Super 8. Not exactly a fair rating hotel, but if you just want a bed with clean sheets to sleep in for a low price, the Super 8 worked out fine for me. It took me <5 minutes to get to ATSU from both.

Thank you!!

okay question so if we get an II from AT still in Arizona does that mean this one will reject us?? Or do they see applicants separately

okay question so if we get an II from AT still in Arizona does that mean this one will reject us?? Or do they see applicants separately
They are not linked by anything but name. They run totally separate admissions.

For those who haven't heard anything, make sure you check your status online. I have had several schools where if I didn't call or email them, my application would have slipped through the cracks. Happened to Des Moines, Kansas City, and Virginia. I never had an issue with Kirksville but that doesn't mean you won't.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere! For those of you interviewing, did you guys receive complete emails or just the "we have received your secondary and processed materials on file"? Portal says they have everything but I never received a complete email.
Not sure if this was answered or not but I never received a complete email, I just kept checking the portal until all the check in boxes were complete.

Rejection letter received snail mail yesterday, good luck everybody :)

They sent you a rejection via regular mail?

Secondary: June 26th
Secondary Submitted: June 28th
Complete: July 1st

-OOS applicant
-300 hrs community service
-100 hrs healthcare volunteer
-200 hrs research

seems like the randomization just got you at this school :( (the only other thing I can think of is a poor letter or something)

KCUMB rejected me also, so I'm just taking it as a sign that I'm not supposed to be in Missouri lol.

Anybody this cycle or previous cycles get a letter saying their application was "put on hold to be reviewed later"?

Wondering what my chances are for II here...

Haha I just realized that I posted on the wrong forum...II from ATSU-SOMA !

secondary submitted June 28th :)

Try not to worry too much about not having heard back from completing your secondary or primary yet. KCOM gets about 5000-6000 applications every year so it is quite the process to sort through all of them. Plus, with the classes getting increasingly competitive they most likely want to make sure they are moving forward with the right students, which can take time.

II via email! Complete 8/25. 3.8/3.6 28 mcat. CA resident.

I'm a little late in replying...but I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn and the Comfort Inn in Kirksville. Neither is fancy but both served the purpose well.

I'm scheduled to interview at ATSU-KCOM in November! I'm so pumped for this!