Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm just waiting for cubs to start whispering sweet nothings into my ear but thus far, radio silence
@Animal Midwife, are we allowed to publicly talk in the game thread about stuff we learned from PMs? Or the fact that we sent a PM or received a PM? Or the fact that we did not send a PM or did not receive a PM?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Animal Midwife, are we allowed to publicly talk in the game thread about stuff we learned from PMs? Or the fact that we sent a PM or received a PM? Or the fact that we did not send a PM or did not receive a PM?
You can say whatever you want as long as you don't quote from your role PM.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I'm just waiting for cubs to start whispering sweet nothings into my ear but thus far, radio silence
I PMd cubs around 9 AM EDT something non-game related with the hope he'd send it to you, and so on and so forth. :p

It may serve as a good "canary" or indicator of when someone's on or not on.
...has Dubz already told you stuff in PM?
Nope. No PMs received.
Did she tell you she's a wolf? :heckyeah:
Nope. No PMs received.

Does anyone have any information gleaned from Night 1 Fake Night 1? I'm all ears (human ears). :rolleyes:

Edited to Add: N0 closed at 11 AM EDT with a 12 PM EDT deadline. Does this mean there's some accuracy to say that the woofs may not have both participated in the thread up until ~11 AM, so we can try to SWAG who the two least active peeps are? Or would the woofs know this and thus artificially delay their vote until the last hour to throw us off the trail? (Is this WIFOM?)

Or could it actually be the most active person we should be looking at? o_O:watching:

Or could it actually be the most active person we should be looking at? o_O:watching:
Yep, hence why I asked the more experienced players here. But don't both wolves have to agree first before sending in their decision to AM? So the fact that both wolves waited until the last hour... data point or nah?

I think PippyPony in the sign-up thread said there was still stuff to go off of on Day 1. She was non-specific as far as what behavioral cues or tells or whatever to look out for, so I have no clue how today will play out.

I need to step away for a few hours... I dunno how the sudden death majority rules works... will we wait until close to the deadline to lynch to maximize discussion time? Or just "**** it, let's lynch before Happy Hour!" kind of attitude? :p

I PMd cubs around 9 AM EDT something non-game related with the hope he'd send it to you, and so on and so forth. :p

It may serve as a good "canary" or indicator of when someone's on or not on.

Nope. No PMs received.

Nope. No PMs received.
Wait, what? You wanted to comment on something you haven't seen yet?

Also @cubsrule4e you liked a post last night but haven't posted. So I'm going there until I have some participation

Lynch Cubs

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, what? You wanted to comment on something you haven't seen yet?
I have no idea what you're talking about. All I wanted to tell Ziggy was that I PM'd cubs something silly to see if the memo would make its way through the roster for funsies.

I wasn't sure if we were allowed to talk about PMs at that point, hence why I didn't immediately answer Pippy's and genny's questions. But you'll see that as soon as AM gave the green light, I immediately answered. :)

Did you kill poor Dina? Having trouble finding anyone else on the list who could be so heartless :annoyed:
Honestly this NK actually did make me think about genny
I have no idea what you're talking about. All I wanted to tell Ziggy was that I PM'd cubs something silly to see if the memo would make its way through the roster for funsies.

I wasn't sure if we were allowed to talk about PMs at that point, hence why I didn't immediately answer Pippy's and genny's questions. But you'll see that as soon as AM gave the green light, I immediately answered. :)
All he said was hi

Yep, hence why I asked the more experienced players here. But don't both wolves have to agree first before sending in their decision to AM? So the fact that both wolves waited until the last hour... data point or nah?
No I don't think they do. What I mean to say is it takes one to submit an action, which it seems like AM was waiting for. So either both wolves were MIA until just before night close or it's not relevant

What is there ever to say D1/N0 whatever? Conversation, speculating about mechanics, anything at all really
Cubs likes to go back and forth on how useful early game is. I feel like every game he alternates on posting early or not.

What is there ever to say D1/N0 whatever? Conversation, speculating about mechanics, anything at all really

Correct, hence my barb at genny, and the reason I shouldnt be looked at differently for not commenting last night when half the roster or more didnt either.

Nav is normally trying to run the show, where is he? The Sketch point should actually be going there.

Its harmless Day 1 banter as I am prone to to get people talking. Dont need to read into it that much.
Idk if prone is the right word. Lots of times people find you sketchy for whatever you say early and then you complain about it after the fact.

Idk if prone is the right word. Lots of times people find you sketchy for whatever you say early and then you complain about it after the fact.

Correct. I am pointing out that this is common for me, I agree that people find me sketchy for the banter comments, but I am not complaining about it anymore as I play more and realize that thats just going to be peoples general reaction.... thus I get lynched Day 1 and then dont say anything the next game to avoid the same outcome. But then my "meta" kicks back in and I cant help but start having fun with people again the next game.

Correct, hence my barb at genny, and the reason I shouldnt be looked at differently for not commenting last night when half the roster or more didnt either.

Nav is normally trying to run the show, where is he? The Sketch point should actually be going there.
The other half of the roster, I presume, wasn't here. You were and didn't want to participate? Because you had nothing to say, but your witty banter today is definitely worth the effort. That's what's weird.

The other half of the roster, I presume, wasn't here. You were and didn't want to participate? Because you had nothing to say, but your witty banter today is definitely worth the effort. That's what's weird.

Why do you presume that? Some people who didnt post or made 1 post in here were still talking in prior games dead chat. This is the same way barks got lynched day 1 last game by liking a post but "not making a reply fast enough."

edit: "but" to "by"

Correct. I am pointing out that this is common for me, I agree that people find me sketchy for the banter comments, but I am not complaining about it anymore as I play more and realize that thats just going to be peoples general reaction.... thus I get lynched Day 1 and then dont say anything the next game to avoid the same outcome. But then my "meta" kicks back in and I cant help but start having fun with people again the next game.
Yeah I see what you’re saying but it just comes off as inconsistency which people will have no trouble playing off as sketch if you’re village in a game or pinning you down as a wolf.

It's just confusing to me I guess. I'll try not to get stuck on it.
No it’s fine for the question I just wanted to let you know what I’ve seen.

Why do you presume that? Some people who didnt post or made 1 post in here were still talking in prior games dead chat. This is the same way barks got lynched day 1 last game by liking a post but "not making a reply fast enough."

edit: "but" to "by"
Except I actually think it was weird and am not just looking for people's reactions to my ****ty logic.

I played with you in the January game where you subbed in as your first game and were a wolf. I'm wondering if you're noticeably a better player now that you have a couple more games under your belt.

Ask @Navilly , he hasn't made a theory about early game activity yet ;)

( @Barkley13 )

In between surgeries, AM is anti angling, specifically used it and was annoyed about using it during end game in my game, would be inclined to believe she would have left it to close until night deadline regardless.

Awfully early vote too on the first day of the game with a majority lynch. And knowing ive usually already got some sketch on me before we even start... interesting.
lol and I was going to unlynch you too, based off @dolphin106258 evaluation of your early game. There's literally only one vote on the damn board, why are you worried about majority?

Awfully early vote too on the first day of the game with a majority lynch. And knowing ive usually already got some sketch on me before we even start... interesting.
Lol coop is also an easy person to throw shade on...interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
lol and I was going to unlynch you too, based off @dolphin106258 evaluation of your early game. There's literally only one vote on the damn board, why are you worried about majority?

Every wagon always starts with 1 vote :shrug:

Not worried, just curious as to why you threw it out so soon when 1/3 of the roster still isnt speaking.

In between surgeries, AM is anti angling, specifically used it and was annoyed about using it during end game in my game, would be inclined to believe she would have left it to close until night deadline regardless.
Except that she didn't, she closed an hour early...

I didn't realize AM's affiliation was the question mark here