Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly, the difficulty is why I'm ok with losing. Gave it my best try, felt like a good learning experience, did not feel overly personal, got to laugh/roll eyes at ridiculousness like secret codes with gibberish scrambling, win-win-win-win

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secret codes :rolleyes:
You loved it, don't lie

AppropriateValuableBlacklab-small.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You loved it, don't lie

View attachment 262370

No I was literally trying to decode by hand before I realized how long it would take :rofl: then went into a panic trying to find a website I could put my own codes in and translate, and finally after all of that had to go to my old computer that has Word and use the ctrl H function. Stressful sitch

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Anyway, this was a lot of fun and I actually even almost enjoyed losing (I know, I am surprised, too :dead:)

Good game play by everyone and there was a lot of fun shenanigans.

Sorry to @Dinashadow @Ms Procrastinator @Stroganoff @ziggyandjazzy for early deaths

I'm really shocked that the plan I cooked up even worked at all -- I had no way of knowing if the roles were alive beyond me and Coop, so I was very excited at just lucking out with pure coordination when @dolphin106258 claimed her shot. Trying to come up with a good reaction to Dubz shooting @Coopah was a nice challenge for me lmao

I very much enjoyed drunk @Navilly pretending like he was ever going to seer someone other than me for a hot second and for bringing secret codes back to WW (!!!), and thank you to @mizchiefmanaged and @cubsrule4e for being especially good adversaries for that nonsense. Miz called me a power wolf so she just pocketed me forever.

Props to @Coopah for some excellent fake fighting on the thread and for pocketing everyone else in the whole game ;)
:highfive:

Thank you the most @Animal Midwife for agreeing to mod this so I didn't have to. :biglove:
Can I just say how the actual **** the in game I was read village by LITERALLY EVERYBODY and I'm a wolf?! Can someone explain that to me?! Also lol pockets

I'm good at fake fighting. @Navilly are we still up for that smacking? :naughty:

Can I just say how the actual **** the in game I was read village by LITERALLY EVERYBODY and I'm a wolf?! Can someone explain that to me?! Also lol pockets

I'm good at fake fighting. @Navilly are we still up for that smacking? :naughty:
Idk man you were just so involved and even though I was like "Huh that's weird" I was trying not to rely on metas as much this game and the idea of lynching you for being active seemed groce lol

"no one on this thread would vote for pippy or dubs. so, dolphin is the necessary Lynch"
This makes me really sad ngl. Thiiiis is why people need to get over themselves and vote for vets if they are being sketchy and are likely the wolves
I think that was more because of our "cleared" status than because of who we are
Like I would have been a much easier lynch to push if I had not accidentally killed a wolf lol Not easy of course, because nobody likes to get yelled at for hours straight, but easier.

"no one on this thread would vote for pippy or dubs. so, dolphin is the necessary Lynch"
This makes me really sad ngl. Thiiiis is why people need to get over themselves and vote for vets if they are being sketchy and are likely the wolves
I think you overestimate how many people wouldn't lynch vets.

Also I kind of believe that if he had tried, nav could have gotten one of us lynched lol If he had just pointed out the holes in pip's plan when he realized they existed I don't think dolphin would have had to die.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I vote to lynch dubz and pippy when I think they're sketchy. I just didn't think Pippy was sketchy until endgame. Probably need to get better at reading her.

Reactions: 2 users
I think that was more because of our "cleared" status than because of who we are
Like I would have been a much easier lynch to push if I had not accidentally killed a wolf lol Not easy of course, because nobody likes to get yelled at for hours straight, but easier.

Idk, some people have that kink, a la the chillin thread :p.

It was your cleared status with a small amount that I have noticed lynching against you unless you do something abhorrent (like fauxjo) is quite futile.

So I can a little bit see where ziggy is coming from. Ziggy gets lynched for bold, sometimes iffy, but often (or at least often as far as we games go) times correct logic. So I am not sure if ziggy’a argument is invalid, but it was more complicated than simply what they are stating in this game.

I vote to lynch dubz and pippy when I think they're sketchy. I just didn't think Pippy was sketchy until endgame. Probably need to get better at reading her.

With respect to the block, I do forgive you on that. I was trying to figure out the right balance of showing I am affiliation seer so people know not to block me, while not going overboard with it so I die. I definitely didn’t hit the happy medium based on results lol

With respect to the block, I do forgive you on that. I was trying to figure out the right balance of showing I am affiliation seer so people know not to block me, while not going overboard with it so I die. I definitely didn’t hit the happy medium based on results lol
I knew you were the affiliation seer! :heckyeah:

It was your cleared status with a small amount that I have noticed lynching against you unless you do something abhorrent (like fauxjo) is quite futile.

So I can a little bit see where ziggy is coming from. Ziggy gets lynched for bold, sometimes iffy, but often (or at least often as far as we games go) times correct logic. So I am not sure if ziggy’a argument is invalid, but it was more complicated than simply what they are stating in this game.
Those are the people that end up voting for me I guess ;)

I recognize I am a hard lynch unless I do something stupid. I have cultivated that over the years. Many factors but it is much more because I am me and I work hard at that - it is the only skill I consistently have in WW - than because I am a veteran.

Last edited:
YOUR cleared status haha. I kept saying in dead chat how Pippy's plan didn't clear anyone besides cubs lol. Your switch cleared you and genny imo.

And I will say, I have only been lynched in end game, and still won the game OR lynched d1 or d2 in a Lynch that was led by a wolf I was correctly lynching. Do with that what you will ;)

YOUR cleared status haha. I kept saying in dead chat how Pippy's plan didn't clear anyone besides cubs lol. Your switch cleared you and genny imo.
Yeah I picked that up as I was rereading and saw she was claiming she had cleared a bunch of villagers. I can't remember if it made it into my post because I got flustered realizing I was running out of time.

And I will say, I have only been lynched in end game, and still won the game OR lynched d1 or d2 in a Lynch that was led by a wolf I was correctly lynching. Do with that what you will ;)
#familylyncharmor

Yeah I picked that up as I was rereading and saw she was claiming she had cleared a bunch of villagers. I can't remember if it made it into my post because I got flustered realizing I was running out of time.
Yeah I just finally read today because I was busy all day and you did seem to pick up on that today!

I get lynched pretty frequently as a wolf actually. And as you saw, people did lynch me here ;)

Not so much as a villager anymore -- although I used to be prime wolf fodder -- but now that's because i will often feed wolves info and distract people on the thread...

Also, one thing you are not necessarily considering is that veterans often get lynched for mechanical reasons (seered, etc), which is often a bummer. Furthermore, people like Lupin and STL are good enough that they are dangerous people to leave alive and people feel threatened, so they will often just get policy lynched before end game. I don't remember the last time one of them made it to lylo, actually. It's a different curse.

• Sad
Yeah, I thought you were being overly secretive with your plan, and it made me think of a wolf trying to run a scheme long enough to get to the final 3. And then you started dropping hints about being the affiliation seer like you wanted to avoid a block. I had been planning to block cubs or pip, but that just pushed me over the edge.

Maybe you should try being less annoying to lynch ;)

I will keep trying to do it...
I village far more often than I wolf, so it works out ok. Just means if I can avoid the seers I get to feel like this :zip:

You can keep trying, maybe one day it will work :cigar:

I village far more often than I wolf, so it works out ok. Just means if I can avoid the seers I get to feel like this :zip:

You can keep trying, maybe one day it will work :cigar:

Some may even say they village on average 4 times more than they would ;) :p

• Wow
RNG just loves me as a villager. think I've played 10ish games and been a wolf once
I probably tip the scales because there have been several times post-wolfing (especially after really hard convert games) where I've asked to be village/a light role (which is never wolf) multiple times in a row