Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, one of the few things in life that makes me straight up livid is being blamed for something I didn't actually do. :lame:

So this is a request that we move on, eh?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still shocked that Pippy made it to f3 like that after Coop died unexpectedly and with this particular rand leaning more towards the village.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
with this particular rand leaning more towards the village.
This rand was AWFUL for us lmao

@Navilly I have some things to say about your balance being "wolf leaning" because wtf lol

There were like 6 redirections, 2 village blocks, an affiliation seer, 3 tracking options, an ASSASSIN, someone who could kill us in lylo if we hammered, and protection that wouldn't work on a wolf lmao

Aaaaaaahhhhhh

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This rand was AWFUL for us lmao

@Navilly I have some things to say about your balance being "wolf leaning" because wtf lol

There were like 6 redirections, 2 village blocks, an affiliation seer, 3 tracking options, an ASSASSIN, someone who could kill us in lylo if we hammered, and protection that wouldn't work on a wolf lmao

Aaaaaaahhhhhh
It was jailing that wouldn't work on wolves, not protection. so wouldn't block their roles or kills

Anyway, this was a lot of fun and I actually even almost enjoyed losing (I know, I am surprised, too :dead:)

Good game play by everyone and there was a lot of fun shenanigans.

Sorry to @Dinashadow @Ms Procrastinator @Stroganoff @ziggyandjazzy for early deaths

I'm really shocked that the plan I cooked up even worked at all -- I had no way of knowing if the roles were alive beyond me and Coop, so I was very excited at just lucking out with pure coordination when @dolphin106258 claimed her shot. Trying to come up with a good reaction to Dubz shooting @Coopah was a nice challenge for me lmao

I very much enjoyed drunk @Navilly pretending like he was ever going to seer someone other than me for a hot second and for bringing secret codes back to WW (!!!), and thank you to @mizchiefmanaged and @cubsrule4e for being especially good adversaries for that nonsense. Miz called me a power wolf so she just pocketed me forever.

Props to @Coopah for some excellent fake fighting on the thread and for pocketing everyone else in the whole game ;)
:highfive:

Thank you the most @Animal Midwife for agreeing to mod this so I didn't have to. :biglove:

Anyway, this was a lot of fun and I actually even almost enjoyed losing (I know, I am surprised, too :dead:)

Good game play by everyone and there was a lot of fun shenanigans.

Sorry to @Dinashadow @Ms Procrastinator @Stroganoff @ziggyandjazzy for early deaths

I'm really shocked that the plan I cooked up even worked at all -- I had no way of knowing if the roles were alive beyond me and Coop, so I was very excited at just lucking out with pure coordination when @dolphin106258 claimed her shot. Trying to come up with a good reaction to Dubz shooting @Coopah was a nice challenge for me lmao

I very much enjoyed drunk @Navilly pretending like he was ever going to seer someone other than me for a hot second and for bringing secret codes back to WW (!!!), and thank you to @mizchiefmanaged and @cubsrule4e for being especially good adversaries for that nonsense. Miz called me a power wolf so she just pocketed me forever.

Props to @Coopah for some excellent fake fighting on the thread and for pocketing everyone else in the whole game ;)
:highfive:

Thank you the most @Animal Midwife for agreeing to mod this so I didn't have to. :biglove:

So you killed me because you knew Id be voting for you immediately?

I believed the Pippy-Coops bickering earlier on was 100% fake, but I didn't speak up since others here kept saying you two had a history in prior games. Since this is my 2nd pre-vet game, I decided to keep silent on my gut and defer to others who claim you two have a history of conflict.

I also thought it was odd that Coopah was pocketing me and some of the other dudes, and I lightly spoke up about that.

I also thought it was weird how Pippy replied to my post about Coopah when she said "I feel this so hard" or something, but I didn't speak up.

Lesson learned: Always voice opinions for public record instead of shrugging them off.

Why was I NK'd on N1 btw? :rolleyes:

Still haven't caught up on what happened, so should be some juicy yum-yum reading. :heckyeah:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believed the Pippy-Coops bickering earlier on as 100% fake, but I didn't speak up since others here kept saying you two had a history in prior games. Since this is my 2nd pre-vet game, I decided to keep silent on my gut and defer to others who claim you two have a history of conflict.

I also thought it was odd that Coopah was pocketing me and some of the other dudes, and I lightly spoke up about that.

I also thought it was weird how Pippy replied to my post about Coopah when she said "I feel this so hard" or something, but I didn't speak up.

Lesson learned: Always voice opinions for public record instead of shrugging them off.

Why was I NK'd on N1 btw? :rolleyes:

Still haven't caught up on what happened, so should be some juicy yum-yum reading. :heckyeah:
Mostly because people were reading you as pretty village but we also didn't think you would be jailed/protected by village or watched.

We were sad about it -- both of us were not happy it was a good strategic choice, because you were being fun and it felt lame to kill you haha.

So you killed me because you knew Id be voting for you immediately?
Basically? I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I had submitted to kill genny, then flipped out at like 2:59:58 or something and switched, and then was like aaahhh why did I do that, and said "waaait I want to change back" at 3:00:01 lol.

• Haha
Basically? I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I had submitted to kill genny, then flipped out at like 2:59:58 or something and switched, and then was like aaahhh why did I do that, and said "waaait I want to change back" at 3:00:01 lol.

Nice! I was counting on you to kill genny or dubz, setting me up for the mislynch. I protected dubz because I didnt want you to have any chance of convincing genny I was a wolf when she hadnt been following that closely. If you killed genny then me and dubz would have lynched you immediately, which made me worry that even being set up as the fall guy you might still kill me, taking the vote out of my hands. Props @genny on the right call!

Reactions: 4 users
:thinking: how does one defile a body using faces?
I’m guessing he meant this :p

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Nice! I was counting on you to kill genny or dubz, setting me up for the mislynch. I protected dubz because I didnt want you to have any chance of convincing genny I was a wolf when she hadnt been following that closely. If you killed genny then me and dubz would have lynched you immediately, which made me worry that even being set up as the fall guy you might still kill me, taking the vote out of my hands. Props @genny on the right call!
I'm just so sad that my extreme pocketing meant nothing to you in the end :arghh:

Edit: I should have gone for more beer thread posts. Dammit.

If you had dialed it back to about an 8 from an 11 I probably would have still been doubting til the final result!
Ah yes.

The eternal wolfy lylo dilemma: pigeonhole or destroy allegiances. I should have been more decisive one way or the other -- a wishy-washy POE order is never a good sign and I knew by this morning that I was too late with setting up a lynch series.

Reactions: 1 user
Extra trivia about the specific ways I have meltdowns in a wolf lylo situation:

I didn't mean to kill @Navilly last night.

I was absolutely going to play a game of chicken on that, but then drunkenly decided to jail him.

Except, you know, I had thrown all that shade earlier about him not knowing how the roles worked, and then I completely spaced on the "macho" modifier on his role. Jailing failed, this morning I am sitting there going "lolwut?", panic ensues.

:rofl:

• Haha

I was absolutely going to play a game of chicken on that, but then drunkenly decided to jail him.

Except, you know, I had thrown all that shade earlier about him not knowing how the roles worked, and I completely spaced on the "macho" modifier on his role. Jailing failed, this morning I am sitting there going "lolwut?", panic ensues.

I was sending you energy to either randomly remember what I said in regards to the proposed Paws fakeout attack/save me plan last game or just ask me and wake up to switch haha

• Haha

Except, you know, I had thrown all that shade earlier about him not knowing how the roles worked, and then I completely spaced on the "macho" modifier on his role. Jailing failed, this morning I am sitting there going "lolwut?", panic ensues.

My panic moment was when I announced I had protected WZ, because I thought any of the aforementioned resulting scenarios would get a pippy lynch and then dubz is like omg!! WTF are you doing!! stop it! and then you piled on and im PMing AM in a panic like wtf, how was that a losing move??

• Haha

Ohhhh my god :laugh:

btw, Pippy was the only voter I got in regards to deadline extension (outside of dubz' late suggestion ;))

Ohhhh my god :laugh:
I know lol.

I just needed him to not get seer results that would eventually lead to me being ruled out as a village candidate, but I was feeling very risky with the power roles this game ("this game")

Edit: and decided to jail and kill in case I got tracked, because...??? it made sense to me at the time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I know lol.

I just needed him to not get seer results that would eventually lead to me being ruled out as a village candidate, but I was feeling very risky with the power roles this game ("this game")

Edit: and decided to jail and kill in case I got tracked, because...??? it made sense to me at the time.
Which, on that note...

@genny we definitely should have coordinated night actions. I have many regrets now ;)

My panic moment was when I announced I had protected WZ, because I thought any of the aforementioned resulting scenarios would get a pippy lynch and then dubz is like omg!! WTF are you doing!! stop it! and then you piled on and im PMing AM in a panic like wtf, how was that a losing move??
I was just mad I wouldn't be dead :p not that I really expected pip to kill me anyway but there was a chance and you killed my hope

I was honestly kind of amused by the idea of a no lynch in this situation and was looking forward to pip calling me out for wanting to do something I usually hate lol
I would screamed bloodly murder about a no lynch in f5.

• Haha