COMP-NW vs PNWU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gocougs339

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was lucky to get into both schools. I loved them both, but I can't decide on which one. I'm curious if I should have any concerns about either school. Input?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about PNWU so I can't really comment on that school, but if I were given a choice between the two I would probably pick COMP-NW for a few reasons:
  • They have been around for a while. The Pomona campus has had rotations set up in Oregon for quite some time through their northwest track while PNWU has only been around for a few years so they would not have the same level of infrastructure set up.
  • You can draw upon resources from both the Pomona campus as well as the one in Lebanon.
  • Despite being a rural area, Lebanon is pretty close to Corvallis, Eugene, and Portland. Yakima is waaaaaaaaaaaay out there.
  • Apartments are available a stone's throw away from the school (Minor point, but could be convenient).
I guess a nice thing about Yakima is that it is only an hour away from White Pass Ski Area if you are into that sort of thing though.

I was lucky to get into both schools. I loved them both, but I can't decide on which one. I'm curious if I should have any concerns about either school. Input?
Hi,
I'm a current applicant and have interviews scheduled at both schools. I have a good chance of getting in to both, and would really love to hear of the decision you made and if you would change anything. Thanks!