Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really hope we get an email, either way, shortly after the banner updates.

Members don't see this ad.

spoke to Kareem Johnson and he said the banner means absolutely nothing. that all decisions will be sent via email by wednesday. he said don't think the worse and that everyone's banner will be reflected as such eventually, now whether or not he is just saying that is beside me, but from what I see last year is that of the people that reported a change first 1 was waitlisted, 2 rejected and the other 5 or so accepted so I'm gonna hope its still a mixed bad but i would be lying if i said that my heart didn't sink and that I am now scared to death

Reactions: 3 users
spoke to Kareem Johnson and he said the banner means absolutely nothing. that all decisions will be sent via email by wednesday. he said don't think the worse and that everyone's banner will be reflected as such eventually, now whether or not he is just saying that is beside me, but from what I see last year is that of the people that reported a change first 1 was waitlisted, 2 rejected and the other 5 or so accepted so I'm gonna hope its still a mixed bad but i would be lying if i said that my heart didn't sink and that I am now scared to death

thank you for this!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to have an MI if I have to wait until Wednesday

Reactions: 2 users
All I have to say is thank goodness I'm not alone in this... At least you guys know how we all feel lol

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone's banner will be updated in due time because they will come to a decision on everybody, so I wouldn't read too much into the updates - all that really matters is that email/snail mail with the official decision. I'm just excited to see some movement - no matter what the decisions are, we will know soon.

You are my favorite person. Thank you for calling.

i just hope this man is telling me the truth, there isn't enough data on the whole banner thing to make a consensus, but i say now all we can do is wait for an email.

All I have to say is thank goodness I'm not alone in this... At least you guys know how we all feel lol

I totally agree with you. We by far have the best thread yet! Such an uplifting group. It will be so helpful to future applicants.

did one of you guys said that in the last forums people got the emails by like 7pm or sth? ugh why won't they just send the damn thing

I feel like every time people report phone calls, they aren't accurate. The admissions and committee are going to respond to questions even if they aren't 100% positive and maybe they are positive but do not want or have the authority to give the direct information via phone. I'm pretty sure they expect us to be patient and wait at this point. People in the past called to check their application status, was told it was still under review and then the next day received a rejection email. Calling and bothering them seems counterproductive to me, not calling anyone out, just saying... We will know in due time, no need to attempt to translate every single change on bannerweb.

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand how everyone feels. Its really the feeling of the unknown, which is hard on everyone. Im assuming banner is not linked to an email since the medschool mails everything out, so lets let Drexel tell us we are in or out. Lets not do the dirty work for them. Cant let the banner change control us, especially since we got no idea what it means. I mean I'm bummed to be outside of the loop, but I'll wait to know for sure, don't want to kill myself. good luck everybody

Reactions: 5 users
I understand people not knowing their facts and information when it comes to the various departments and who is permitted as well as who is not to say what. At the same time I called this morning concerning my portal saying the session to which I had applied had already begun and was told portal and banner have nothing to do with Dpms. We can't go by who is updated and who is not. We just have to wait on the email from them. My banner page did not update and as nerve racking as it is, it means nothing at this point without an email with a decision.

I know I'm SUPER late to the party but I interviewed May 9th. I haven't heard anything in the form of emails and my application status on banner web still states my interview has been scheduled. This is INSANE! They're only giving people like 3 weeks to find housing and move and everything...that would be crazy if they mail out decisions when this program is set to start at the end of June...

just to provide some humor for everyone... I just showed my mother everything that has been going on with this banner thing, and she just said "have you kids gone mad" "you guys are gonna get ulcers and headaches because some guy behind a computer hasn't clicked a box next to your name yet" "this could be a good thing" "my god you guys need to chill" all this was done in a thick island accent by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
just to provide some humor for everyone... I just showed my mother everything that has been going on with this banner thing, and she just said "have you kids gone mad" "you guys are gonna get ulcers and headaches because some guy behind a computer hasn't clicked a box next to your name yet" "this could be a good thing" "my god you guys need to chill" all this was done in a thick island accent by the way.
Your mom is very wise. I like her.

Ugh so I guess it's def on monday.:( they won't do anything this weekend then

Last edited:
Just got accepted into the program! I got my acceptance email early this morning! I pray for good news for everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Track 1! I am ready for the hard work and I am so excited to start this journey!

congrats guys..I guess that pretty much answers the question...banner update yesterday=accept

congrats to those accepted. It is what it is, maybe a second batch will go out next week, maybe not..cant do anything about it, unfortunately thats just the way the game goes sometimes. I anxiously wait a decision of some kind but Im happy for the folks I do feel like I've gotten to know thru this journey @DocHippie @AZag13 and others!!!! ...good luck and who knows maybe theres still hope for a few more lucky folks, but guys life and dreams must go on. stay strong!

Got my acceptance email this morning as well! It got sent at 8:55. So so excited!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got my Acceptance letter too (God is Great). For those of you who got accepted how do you know which Track you guys are in because they did not mention that in my letter (or I just do not know where to look for the info). Good luck to everyone else.

the positive guy in me says that these were done in batches because I think it would of been just as easy to tell rejected folks that they were rejected, so the fact that a lot of people are still in the air maybe means something, but I don't know, and Im prepared for either outcome...but I really want to leave something for all of you people who are saddened right now:
429332.png

Guys if you read the acceptance letter, it states that we don't have a guaranteed spots in the medical school even if we fulfill everything in terms of the gpa and mcat scores. I thought we had guaranteed spots. Anyone know anything about it?

Got my Acceptance letter too (God is Great). For those of you who got accepted how do you know which Track you guys are in because they did not mention that in my letter (or I just do not know where to look for the info). Good luck to everyone else.
Mine said something like "you have been selected to enter our program as someone who does not need to retake the MCAT" right before the bullet points

Accepted Track 1 :). I hope to see y'all in Philly soon! Good luck to everyone.

Guys if you read the acceptance letter, it states that we don't have a guaranteed spots in the medical school even if we fulfill everything in terms of the gpa and mcat scores. I thought we had guaranteed spots. Anyone know anything about it?
I think they are "required" to say that. In essence they cannot really "guarantee" any spots to anyone but we all know the deal lol

Omg I cried a happy tear... Accepted! I do have to retake mcat but I'm up for the challenge. I'm so happy and congratulations to all of my classmates! I really hope they send out another round this week because there's a few of you I would want to be my classmate throughout this wonderfully difficult journey!

Huge congrats to all of those accepted! I'm sure you can now plan w a little less anxiety! Best of luck to you and all of us still waiting to hear!

remember they also do have a small waitlist and it doesn't seem like anybody has ended up on that yet...so I'm sure not all letters to go out next week will be a rejection.

If i might also add @lulu093 Im sure that statement about the spot not being guaranteed is put in there so they are not contractually obligated to give you a spot no matter what, more specific to things like conduct issues i.e. if you make the contract with your gpa and mcat but you get a misdemeanor while in the program they don't have to take you. i think its just a means of covering their end of the deal, Im sure if you work hard and make contract with no outside issues,there will be a spot for you.

Accepted! my banner was also updated yesterday, for those wondering.

Did those who were accepted interview earlier? Like end of April-ish? Seems like they are sending notifications out in some kind of order.

Mine said something like "you have been selected to enter our program as someone who does not need to retake the MCAT" right before the bullet points

Hey i also dont have to retake the MCAT we might be in the same course track. Are your extra classes neurobiology

I also just read my email saying accepted so happy!!! Is their a facebook group yet?