Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!! jk jk Just messing with FutureMD1107. I know its not funny but I couldnt help myself Im going crazy :(
Notttt funny lol my heart dropped!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I love that this years forum has been extremely expressive by the way. Great resource for future students lol. We are currently on page 21, that's crazy! I hope we all make it, so we can laugh at how stressed out we were in the near future.

Haha I was thinking this also. This years thread is gonna be really beneficial to people next cycle especially if the trend continues with the increased number of applicants. More and more people are gonna be using this as an important resource.

only competing with yourself my friend, I know its cliché, but once we have done everything we can and put up our best efforts, there's absolutely nothing else we can do, but I know exactly how you feel. I honestly don't know why they don't just let us know today either especially since the likelihood is that they already know who all is gonna be accepted.lol..im still trying to figure out how 5-6 people can go over 140 applications in one day. Admissions committee's are like a secret societies, we will never really know what is going on in there.lol my gut is telling me that they have been meeting every Thursday after interview weeks and that the meeting yesterday was just the last of the meetings but who knows. Good Luck!!
How you go over 140 applications "holistically" in one day (is it even a full day?haha) is definitely a mystery...

Members don't see this ad :)
so I had another question and this time decided to call Dr. DePace since he runs the whole show at DUCOM and was told that the meeting is actually tomorrow and we will probably know by next week. So I have so far heard different information from Dr. Walker , Kelli Kennedy, and Dr. Depace. Im gonna go with DePace since he is the director of admissions and is for sure on the committee. All in all it looks grim for finding out tomorrow for sure, I now feel it will most likely be Monday

Reactions: 1 user
so I had another question and this time decided to call Dr. DePace since he runs the whole show at DUCOM and was told that the meeting is actually tomorrow and we will probably know by next week. So I have so far heard different information from Dr. Walker , Kelli Kennedy, and Dr. Depace. Im gonna go with DePace since he is the director of admissions and is for sure on the committee. All in all it looks grim for finding out tomorrow for sure, I now feel it will most likely be Monday
what?! Dr. Walker def told me it was yesterday. Im so confused now. Im sorry if I was wrong everybody, I promise that is what I was told when I called

Reactions: 2 users
what?! Dr. Walker def told me it was yesterday. Im so confused now. Im sorry if I was wrong everybody, I promise that is what I was told when I called
I think it is same to say nobody knows what is going on for sure. This adds a whole new level of stress. Smh

I would agree that Dr. Depace would be the authority on this. If I remember correctly Dr. Walker runs the program but really has no say in the decision process so it could be very well that they changed the dates on her. It seems like decisions were almost always granted the day after the committee meeting, so if that is going to be tomorrow, then lets hope we still get notified by Friday. Again my apologies guys legit feel bad for the false hope on this, feel free to take back your likes and thank you's .lol. and if we all are fortunate enough to make it to Philly, first cheesesteaks on me.lol

Reactions: 3 users
Chances are they made a preliminary list yesterday, something along the lines of the top 50-60 candidates. Tomorrow's meeting will be to iron out the class profile and create a final list.

Good morning everybody. One day closer to knowing who is in. Praying for everybody waiting on decisions that we aren't anxious and are productive today.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm hoping they can let everyone know by Friday, especially for those of us who have to give a two weeks notice...Also a break in between working and starting the program would be nice...

Reactions: 5 users
Just think...they are probably in a meeting making final decisions now. Eeekkk!

Members don't see this ad :)
Disregard my two last posts which are empty - they are a result of me trying to post from my phone and I don't think there is a way to delete them lol.

I've been mostly lurking, but I'm excited. I am also checking this thread pretty frequently.

It's crazy to think they are deciding our future right now... Our applications are probably in their hands as we type! I'm praying that they expand the class size, and I am definitely rooting for everyone here.

Reactions: 7 users
I just got my official rejection email today but was accepted to the MMS program. I saw some people got into IMS. Anybody else get into MMS?

No interview. They said they reviewed my file and would like to offer me a seat.

Congrats! Drexel has so many programs that are getways to medical school. I'm sure someone on the forum can give you some guidance! :)

Anyone else gonna have to take a melatonin/Advil pm/sleepy time tea cocktail tonight? No, just me? Oh okay... Haha jk. I hope news comes tomorrow!

Anyone else gonna have to take a melatonin/Advil pm/sleepy time tea cocktail tonight? No, just me? Oh okay... Haha jk. I hope news comes tomorrow!
Had a cocktail already :confused: lol

I'm wondering if it will be tomorrow or will they make us wait till next week

d4c7ed99c07a00c53309d835d78316a8cc36af60107131bed123b3f056b5e5bf.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
i think it may be next week and I just say that because last year their banner pages were updated to say " a final decision has been made" the day before and it doesn't look like that has happened for anybody yet

i think it may be next week and I just say that because last year their banner pages were updated to say " a final decision has been made" the day before and it doesn't look like that has happened for anybody yet
That's true. I thought they said they were going to try to get decisions out faster this year though.

So this is mostly anecdata because at the moment I'm too lazy and anxious to go and do actual research BUT on the date of the deadline this year people started posting IIs on the portal fairly late at night. I remember seeing mine around 11:30 pm. This makes me think that perhaps the banner does like a nightly refresh and doesn't automatically update when something changes. Thus, I think it may be too early to conclude that the portal won't change. But on the real I'm biased since I really do not want to wait through another weekend. After I post this I may go back to get some numbers related to this but this is what I'm thinking as of now.

So this is mostly anecdata because at the moment I'm too lazy and anxious to go and do actual research BUT on the date of the deadline this year people started posting IIs on the portal fairly late at night. I remember seeing mine around 11:30 pm. This makes me think that perhaps the banner does like a nightly refresh and doesn't automatically update when something changes. Thus, I think it may be too early to conclude that the portal won't change. But on the real I'm biased since I really do not want to wait through another weekend. After I post this I may go back to get some numbers related to this but this is what I'm thinking as of now.
Guess I'm staying up tonight!!!

Calm down people. It's coming!

I'm tempted to call them...
you and me both. I don't think its wrong to ask when we will be notified, which since the meeting was this week and decisions have most likely already been made, is not too hard to ask. I may call later

Logged in to the banner: you have been scheduled to interview

Logged in to the portal: the term has started??

I called the office about it and ms. Hill (dr. Walker wasn't in the office yet) said that has nothing to do with dpms and is most likely related to if you applied to the medical school. Also she said decisions should be out either today or Monday.

Not to alarm everybody put I called the med school admissions office and was told by I'm assuming the secretary that the decisions were going to be mailed out, I assummed that she didn't really understand that I was asking about DPMS and so I called the graduate office and was told the same thing. I Was told that Dr walker wasn't in yet so I'm waiting to get a hold of her and I also called Kelli Kennedy who didn't answer, so I will call back. If they plan on mailing these out this year that will be absolutely horrible, let's just hope this is a miscommunication/ misunderstanding and I will update you all once I get a hold of dr walker or Kelli Kennedy

And yes @kf014 i think everyone has that as of now

man what is going on over there? to mail the letters out would make no sense considering the timeline we're working with. I guess the mystery continues

I'm confused now. I have only ever logged into BannerWeb. BannerWeb is where I was notified about my interview invite. How do I log into the portal?

I doubt they would just now be snail mailing our decisions...At least I really hope not. Hopefully they either mailed them out earlier this week so we can receive them today or Monday or, if they really are mailing them out now, it will be an official version in addition to informing us online today or Monday.

Yeah if they are mailing them it's probably just another way of notifying us officially and we would still probably get an e-mail. In the past years it's always been e-mail first

still no luck with Dr. Walker or Kelli Kennedy, but was told by the medschool admissions office that we will all be notified no later than next Wednesday and that the email will come from Kelli Kennedy just like the invite email. In my calling I learned something which you all may have already known but the DPMS program admissions is almost entirely run by the med school ( as it should be) but basically no one in the graduate office knows or will know anything about decisions, just what they are told by the med school even Dr. Walker. Im hoping the fact that kelli kennedy is not answering is because she is working on getting these emails out. When i spoke to her earlier this week she did say there was a chance of us being notified today but also next week. Ive seen people from past threads find out as late as 7pm so lets just cross our fingers for later today despite what the banner says lol
It will most likely be email notification. I honestly am not upset about whenever they decide to tell folks, I just feel like for a program of this nature they should pick a date, make it known, and stick to it. lol I think the fact that no one is able to just tell us when we will know sucks.

still no luck with Dr. Walker or Kelli Kennedy, but was told by the medschool admissions office that we will all be notified no later than next Wednesday and that the email will come from Kelli Kennedy just like the invite email. In my calling I learned something which you all may have already known but the DPMS program admissions is almost entirely run by the med school ( as it should be) but basically no one in the graduate office knows or will know anything about decisions, just what they are told by the med school even Dr. Walker. Im hoping the fact that kelli kennedy is not answering is because she is working on getting these emails out. When i spoke to her earlier this week she did say there was a chance of us being notified today but also next week. Ive seen people from past threads find out as late as 7pm so lets just cross our fingers for later today despite what the banner says lol
It will most likely be email notification. I honestly am not upset about whenever they decide to tell folks, I just feel like for a program of this nature they should pick a date, make it known, and stick to it. lol I think the fact that no one is able to just tell us when we will know sucks.

Thank you for checking on this!

I'm going to limit myself to checking this thread and my e-mail twice a day so I don't think about it too much.

I'm going to limit myself to checking this thread and my e-mail twice a day so I don't think about it too much.
It doesn't help that I have to check my e-mail a bizillion times a day for students emailing me about questions about their final exam, false hope of seeing a drexel e-mail