Iowa State University c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am just wondering if once you get in committee review, and lets say you don't get an interview, if they send out rejections all at once? I have been in committee review for awhile but am not a competitive applicant and feel like I may not receive an interview. Also wondering if anyone knows roughly how many in committee review move on to an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

They said they would send out all invites for interviews by mid-December.

Has anybody heard back for the January interview dates yet? I know it's still a bit out, but I was just wondering.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed today and they said they will get back the 3rd week of December.

They said they would send out all invites for interviews by mid-December.

It's totally mid-December by now. I'm impatient waiting because I really want to interview at Iowa!

Reactions: 1 user
It's totally mid-December by now. I'm impatient waiting because I really want to interview at Iowa!

It's only the first week lol.
Mid Dec is going to be more like next week.

Has anybody heard anything yet? I'm still in committee review.

I'm still in commitee review too. I think a lot of people heard about the January interviews in mid December last year.
Isn't it close enough to mid December yet? Haha.

I applied last year and was in committee review until mid January if I remember correctly, before they rejected me. I reapplied this cycle and I am also still in committee review...ugh

Members don't see this ad :)
I got impatient and messaged them to know when they were planning to send out the last of the invites. Straight from the message:
"The remaining interview invites will go out late this week or early next week. You should know your status at that time."

Reactions: 8 users
I got impatient and messaged them to know when they were planning to send out the last of the invites. Straight from the message:
"The remaining interview invites will go out late this week or early next week. You should know your status at that time."

And so the panic begins....and I have an interview this weekend too so this isn't helping!!!
Not your fault though :laugh:

I've been in review for a while now too. I guess that means I shouldn't hold out hope then.......

I received an interview invite just now! Yes you get an email alert that you have a message on their system. Goodluck everyone!

I received an interview invite just now! Yes you get an email alert that you have a message on their system. Goodluck everyone!
Me too! :D
I'm not 100% sure I'll be taking it though.

I just received mine too!! I'm shocked and happy!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I received mine too!! It's my top school too I'm so excited :D

Reactions: 1 users
Yaaaaaay! I just received an interview invite too!! High fives all around to all of us, we did it!! :heckyeah:

Reactions: 2 users
*stares at inactive portal* I'm still in committee review

*stares at inactive portal* I'm still in committee review

This was quoted from the message.."The Admissions Committee has completed the final round of application file reviews" ):

When I contacted them earlier this week, they said this was the last batch that was going out. If you didn't get an interview invite, I would start preparing for that dreaded message. :/ There's still a chance that enough people will turn it down (I myself might not be able to go) and you might get their spot. Keep your fingers and toes crossed!

I messaged and asked regarding a status update and got this:

Posted by Kathy Kuehl on Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 2:15pm NEW!

Further decisions will be sent the week of December 29th.

Kathy

Good luck to everyone with interviews! I absolutely fell in love with this school when I interviewed a couple of weeks ago. I would easily pick Iowa in a heartbeat and I am hoping that I get that chance come Febuary!

I messaged and asked regarding a status update and got this:

Posted by Kathy Kuehl on Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 2:15pm NEW!

Further decisions will be sent the week of December 29th.

Kathy
That makes sense since we have until 12/29 to let them know if we want to interview.

Just curious are you guys all for the 17 and 18 weekend or is it a mix between 24 and 25?

Isn't there Jan 31st times too? I think I may take that date just in case I get pulled off the VMRCVM waitlist for 17-18 and I have an interview Penn 1/23, which is a little too close to 24-25.

Oh, and does anyone know if we can change the date we chose after you hit save? I'm inclined to just pick a day/time so I have a slot and change it later if needed.

Yup, all the interview invites went out. 1/17, 1/18, 1/24, 1/25, and 1/31 if I'm not mistaken. I've been hassling over which date to choose so I know them all by heart now. lol

Now how does one get to Ames? Is there a megabus, greyhound, amtrak, etc station nearby? So far they all seem to be really far away from the school (like a $100 cab ride away..) :/

Okay, I'm freaking out now. I haven't got an invite. Did everyone get their invite at the same time, or did they come one by one?

Now how does one get to Ames? Is there a megabus, greyhound, amtrak, etc station nearby? So far they all seem to be really far away from the school (like a $100 cab ride away..) :/

Yep that's why I'm renting a car. It's the cheapest option.

I wish they would let the rejected people know soon so we could fix our school schedules and not base it around Iowa's requirements. I only agreed to take anatomy in spring because they asked me too -_- so frustrating!!! I mean I really want the interview but it would be nice if they didn't leave us hanging..(I'm still in committee review..)

I don't know the extent of y'alls travel plans, but when I traveled with @Ashgirl we stayed at a hotel a couple miles down the road from the school, just off the interstate. I don't remember the name of the hotel though =\

Isn't there Jan 31st times too? I think I may take that date just in case I get pulled off the VMRCVM waitlist for 17-18 and I have an interview Penn 1/23, which is a little too close to 24-25.

Oh, and does anyone know if we can change the date we chose after you hit save? I'm inclined to just pick a day/time so I have a slot and change it later if needed.

Once you pick a date/time and hit save, you can't change it. Although, you may be able to change it by emailing or calling - not sure about that. I reserved a date/time and did not see any manual way to change it. I'm interviewing on the 24th!

Is anyone flying to the school? I am trying to book a flight leaving Iowa at 2 pm and my interview is at 9am in the morning, will it be fine?

Once you pick a date/time and hit save, you can't change it. Although, you may be able to change it by emailing or calling - not sure about that. I reserved a date/time and did not see any manual way to change it. I'm interviewing on the 24th!
You can change it on the My account page, and there is Interview section... I did change mine!

Received an invite today too!! *happy dance* :banana: