Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

So I just checked the portal and it says I've been an invited for an interview. Will I be receiving an email with further instructions?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

So I just checked the portal and it says I've been an invited for an interview. Will I be receiving an email with further instructions?
Congratulations! May I ask when you were complete along with your stats if you don't mind?

Can anyone speak about the campus, facilities, faculty, etc., at LECOM? Would any MS currently at LECOM be able to speak with unbiased views about the campus? I have heard (more so read on different threads) very odd things about this school

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry you guys! Those SDN posters who are still under review said they applied very late last year. You guys on the other hand are still in the first set of batches.
I've been going nuts cause this is my dream school....the anxiety is unreal haha

So I applied in early July and LECOM was waiting for my MCAT scores to come in. Well AACOMAS verified my scores on July 26th and I haven't received anything from LECOM saying that they received them. When I log onto the portal and click on the admission status it says "The Admissions Committee requests your ACT or SAT scores before making a decision on your file. Please submit your scores on the Portal." Does that mean they haven't received my MCAT scores? Or do they want my SAT scores as well? Please help...

My interview is coming up (8/12) and I'm starting to get very nervous! I keep seeing posts about the large number of other interviewees at each interview date. Anyone have an idea of how many interviews LECOM gives out total? I'm curious about the interviews/offers ratio.

My interview is coming up (8/12) and I'm starting to get very nervous! I keep seeing posts about the large number of other interviewees at each interview date. Anyone have an idea of how many interviews LECOM gives out total? I'm curious about the interviews/offers ratio.

I don't remember the exact number but I am a re-applicant so I have been following these school specific threads closely for years and it seems that LECOM hands out the highest number of II out of any school (from what I've seen).

I don't remember the exact number but I am a re-applicant so I have been following these school specific threads closely for years and it seems that LECOM hands out the highest number of II out of any school (from what I've seen).

That's definitely what it seems like to me too. Trying to not let that intimidate me too much before the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's definitely what it seems like to me too. Trying to not let that intimidate me too much before the interview!

They also have one of the biggest class sizes too if I'm not mistaken, so don't be scared!

Reactions: 1 users

They have the largest class after all. There are about 15 people during my interview.

is the interview group for SH smaller?

is the interview group for SH smaller?
This has been confusing me. When you talk about SH do you mean you just put on your application as the primary campus you want? Cause people are making it seem like there was a separate application for SH. I too want to go to SH.

This has been confusing me. When you talk about SH do you mean you just put on your application as the primary campus you want? Cause people are making it seem like there was a separate application for SH. I too want to go to SH.

It's the same application.

Can somebody help me understand one thing? I submitted my secondary application to both Erie and Braedenton on June 28th.

My 32 MCAT is above their averages and my cGPA of 3.54 is in line with what they want.

I think I at worst wrote a decent personal statement in my primary application and there is no secondary essay that would make my application more or less appealing.

In spite of all that, all sorts of people who applied after i did have received interview invites to one or both campuses and my portal still says my application is under review. I thought the whole point of rolling admissions is to favor early applicants, but they've already reviewed apps received after my own.

I'm going insane here waiting for a response and I check my portal countless times a day. What could possibly be holding up my application? Am I rejected and they're just taking their sweet time getting back to me? I literally cannot think of a reason why this is happening and it's making me paranoid about my applications to other schools. Is there something about my app that I don't know? Some sort of red flag? Is it because i have a lot of repeated courses? I thought grade forgiveness was cool

I'm in the same boat with completing my secondary the same day as you. It's hard not to stress when people after us are getting IIs. I don't know what to do either

I'm in the same boat with completing my secondary the same day as you. It's hard not to stress when people after us are getting IIs. I don't know what to do either
Yea I hate this I wonder if they are going by MCAT scores, highest to lowest maybe???

Yea I hate this I wonder if they are going by MCAT scores, highest to lowest maybe???
I have a 515 and was complete on the 14th for Seton Hill, but still haven't heard back. I don't think they are going by MCAT, it seems fairly random to me

I have a 515 and was complete on the 14th for Seton Hill, but still haven't heard back. I don't think they are going by MCAT, it seems fairly random to me
Yup now it seems random. Do you have anything in the required letters and credits folder?

Yup now it seems random. Do you have anything in the required letters and credits folder?
I don't, it's completely empty for me. From what I've read it seems like SH is going a bit slower than Erie is. Maybe in the coming weeks there will be more interviews going out. Most of the ones coming out now seem like they are for Erie

I don't, it's completely empty for me. From what I've read it seems like SH is going a bit slower than Erie is. Maybe in the coming weeks there will be more interviews going out. Most of the ones coming out now seem like they are for Erie
See I have MCAT complete with a red X idk if I should be worried

See I have MCAT complete with a red X idk if I should be worried
I'd say you're probably fine only because I don't have anything there. But it's also a good chance to call and check the status of your app and make sure everything is all set with them

I'd say you're probably fine only because I don't have anything there. But it's also a good chance to call and check the status of your app and make sure everything is all set with them
I just tried and they are in a meeting lol

Really? I thought we had like between 20-30.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't count but I estimate. Our row was 4, then 4 on the other side same row.
Then 4 and 4...
You maybe right. I think it's about 20-25. Since we have 4 rows

This may be a silly question but are interviews conducted at all three campuses or only at Bradenton and Erie (assuming Erie is where you will interview for a seat for Erie or SH)?

This may be a silly question but are interviews conducted at all three campuses or only at Bradenton and Erie (assuming Erie is where you will interview for a seat for Erie or SH)?

All three campuses have their own interview locations respectively. Good luck!

All three campuses have their own interview locations respectively. Good luck!

Thank you and good luck to you as well! Are you applying this cycle?

I am currently under review at Erie so if I receive an interview (knock on wood), will it specify for which location? Say my first choice is Erie and I interview there and I am accepted but the seats at Erie are filled, would they give my acceptance seat for SH (2nd spot)?

Thank you and good luck to you as well! Are you applying this cycle?

I am currently under review at Erie so if I receive an interview (knock on wood), will it specify for which location? Say my first choice is Erie and I interview there and I am accepted but the seats at Erie are filled, would they give my acceptance seat for SH (2nd spot)?

To my understanding, no it does not work that way. The campus you interview for will be the campus they can accept you at. Interviewing at Erie wont get you a spot at SH and vice versa.

Radio silence here. Submitted 07/11.

Don't worry- you are still pretty recent compared to me- I submitted 6/28 and verified 6/29 and under review text from Erie on 7/6 but still absolutely nothing :/

Don't worry- you are still pretty recent compared to me- I submitted 6/28 and verified 6/29 and under review text from Erie on 7/6 but still absolutely nothing :/
looks like u and I are in the same boat :(

Can anyone PM interview tips at LECOM in general. I have an interview at SH next week and I am a serious serious serious underdog. I really love this school dating back to freshman year in college, so I would be over the moon to get an acceptance. I am also stoked about the PBL style, but I want to do well in my interview. Those who interviewed at LECOM-Erie would also be greatly appreciated.

Frankly, I don't want to directly post my MCAT score since someone said they have a 515 and have not had II yet (but you could find it if you really wanted to). I do not want to generate any ill feelings or whatnot--I think the process is super random overall.

Again, any advice/insights from those who already have interviewed is appreciated. To give back: i have heard that SH last year pulled a crap ton of people off their waitlist, at Erie not so much. Also I heard somewhere that SH likes taking chances on underdog students more so than normal because they like showboating that they can match and whatnot--cannot verify this at all, and it is likely impossible to do so.

As others have noted, they II lots of people so I do feel extra pressure now since the interview is even more important at LECOM to ensure fit with their curriculum of PBL.

Thanks for any PMs coming my way!

Can anyone PM interview tips at LECOM in general. I have an interview at SH next week and I am a serious serious serious underdog. I really love this school dating back to freshman year in college, so I would be over the moon to get an acceptance. I am also stoked about the PBL style, but I want to do well in my interview. Those who interviewed at LECOM-Erie would also be greatly appreciated.

Frankly, I don't want to directly post my MCAT score since someone said they have a 515 and have not had II yet (but you could find it if you really wanted to). I do not want to generate any ill feelings or whatnot--I think the process is super random overall.

Again, any advice/insights from those who already have interviewed is appreciated. To give back: i have heard that SH last year pulled a crap ton of people off their waitlist, at Erie not so much. Also I heard somewhere that SH likes taking chances on underdog students more so than normal because they like showboating that they can match and whatnot--cannot verify this at all, and it is likely impossible to do so.

As others have noted, they II lots of people so I do feel extra pressure now since the interview is even more important at LECOM to ensure fit with their curriculum of PBL.

Thanks for any PMs coming my way!
Hey pm me I'm an underdog too would love to see your stats to compare

Congratulations! May I ask when you were complete along with your stats if you don't mind?

Thank you!

Complete July14th, letters were sent July 18th.
cGPA: 3.86, BCPM: 3.82, MCAT: 27, Retake: 507
Not URM, but Cuban-American. Non-traditional (1 gap year)

I received an II to Seton Hill on Monday (Aug 1). I submitted the supplemental app on July 3. I'll be watching this thread daily now!

I had to call their admissions office to get my application fixed. They didn't send me a secondary and I only had radio silence but it was because they didn't update their system to receive my scores. I would call them. They are very friendly and helpful. After I called I got a secondary right away.