Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been complete since Oct. 27 and I still haven't heard back from LECOM. Is this a silent rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone who interviewed the first week of November get any portal change yet?

I have been complete since Oct. 27 and I still haven't heard back from LECOM. Is this a silent rejection?
I've been complete since the first week in Sept and haven't heard anything. I think its all random anyway. I wouldn't worry about it until March or April.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday to Erie campus but will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Declining acceptance at SH! Hopefully it goes to one of you who actually wants to go to this school :)

To those who interviewed last week, I know at least one admissions worker mentioned that they were still planning on meeting this Wednesday to discuss the interviews. How likely do you think that is to happen, considering the holiday?
The staff are working today! We have off, but most departments are open, including admissions.

I know LECOM only requires two science LORs, but is it possible to send more than that?
I sent more LOR's, but the portal only list checkmarks next to "Science Prof 1" and "Science Prof 2" as requirements.

Is LECOM fine with more letters?

Anyone know if I would even have a chance at this school if I were to send in my primary today? I have a cGPA and sGPA of 3.66 and 3.64, respectively with a MCAT of 506. Extensive ECs with great LORs. I just got an email from them saying I should go ahead and apply, but I don't know how much of a disadvantage I would be.

I know LECOM only requires two science LORs, but is it possible to send more than that?
I sent more LOR's, but the portal only list checkmarks next to "Science Prof 1" and "Science Prof 2" as requirements.

Is LECOM fine with more letters?
LECOM is fine with more, but the portal will not reflect anything more than their requirements.

Anyone know if I would even have a chance at this school if I were to send in my primary today? I have a cGPA and sGPA of 3.66 and 3.64, respectively with a MCAT of 506. Extensive ECs with great LORs. I just got an email from them saying I should go ahead and apply, but I don't know how much of a disadvantage I would be.
I say go for it! They interview through April!

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it! And happy Thursday to those who don't!

Reactions: 2 users
To all of those who have interviewed, where did you guys flew in to? Im seeing Pittsburgh as the only option and then it is one hour to the school (if u did that, then did u take a cab?)

I flew to Cleveland Ohio and rented a car. It was cheaper that way for me.

I have an interview here on Monday, anyone else here also have the same interview date? Also, for those who already interviewed here, any tips on what type of questions to expect in this group interview setting?

Thanks, and good luck!

To all of those who have interviewed, where did you guys flew in to? Im seeing Pittsburgh as the only option and then it is one hour to the school (if u did that, then did u take a cab?)

I flew into Pittsburgh and then rented a car.

You have 4 options: fly into Erie ($$), fly into Buffalo and drive 1.5 hours, fly into Cleveland and drive 1.5 hours, fly into Pittsburgh and drive 2 hours. You're gonna need a car- I've had luck with Enterprise and Hertz getting the under 25 fee waived by telling them I'm a medical student going for an interview and have full coverage with my own insurance.

I have an interview here on Monday, anyone else here also have the same interview date? Also, for those who already interviewed here, any tips on what type of questions to expect in this group interview setting?

Thanks, and good luck!

Hey! I'm interviewing here tomorrow as well! Good luck!

Thanks, and good luck!
Expect typical, scripted questions asked in a group setting.

You have 4 options: fly into Erie ($$), fly into Buffalo and drive 1.5 hours, fly into Cleveland and drive 1.5 hours, fly into Pittsburgh and drive 2 hours. You're gonna need a car- I've had luck with Enterprise and Hertz getting the under 25 fee waived by telling them I'm a medical student going for an interview and have full coverage with my own insurance.

Just to clarify-- this is 100% correct, but specific to the Erie campus. If you're interviewing at Seton Hill, you'll want to fly into Pittsburgh, not Cleveland or Buffalo. There's also a very small airport nearby in Latrobe, but the only airline that uses it is Spirit and flights are pretty limited.

We also have an Amtrak station in Greensburg, very close to the school as another method of transportation.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed end of August. Finally my portal changed to decision is made.

+1, says a letter will come within 30 days. Anyone know if this means anything? I know some schools snail mail vs. email can mean waitlist or rejection vs. acceptance

thanks!:)

+1, says a letter will come within 30 days. Anyone know if this means anything? I know some schools snail mail vs. email can mean waitlist or rejection vs. acceptance

thanks!:)
LECOM uses snail mail for everything, i.e. accepted, rejected, alternate.

End of August, and they're just now getting to you? Did you choose to have your decision deferred/notification deferred or something?

ETA: Kudos for the Voyager avatar and handle.

Just to clarify-- this is 100% correct, but specific to the Erie campus. If you're interviewing at Seton Hill, you'll want to fly into Pittsburgh, not Cleveland or Buffalo. There's also a very small airport nearby in Latrobe, but the only airline that uses it is Spirit and flights are pretty limited.
Yeah, I just assumed since this is the Erie campus thread they meant Erie!

End of August, and they're just now getting to you? Did you choose to have your decision deferred/notification deferred or something?

ETA: Kudos for the Voyager avatar and handle.

I chose to defer till "around 11/15" which I guess meant December in reality. I'm guessing it's a waitlist because maybe they would have sent it sooner if it wasn't. Will report back.

I chose to defer till "around 11/15" which I guess meant December in reality. I'm guessing it's a waitlist because maybe they would have sent it sooner if it wasn't. Will report back.
Maybe not! They had a lot of interview dates in November, with a lot clustered before and after Thanksgiving, so the admissions staff has been quite busy. Keep hope! I know I am. We were told during my interview that the adcom would meet the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and my portal hasn't changed. I'm hoping for one this week!

I was waitlisted and they gave me a call today saying that they have a spot for me. I gratefully declined.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted and they gave me a call today saying that they have a spot for me. I gratefully declined, I just can't deal with PA, really happy that I had other options open up so that I would not have to go here (especially the seton hill campus).
Might I ask why you couldn't deal with PA? Not judging. Just curious.

I wonder how long it takes LECOM to respond after you interview?

Anticipation kills.

I wonder how long it takes LECOM to respond after you interview?

Anticipation kills.

There's not a lot of wondering. They tell you at your interview what to expect and it's fairly close to that usually.

Did anyone else who was wait listed get a spot yet? Reason I'm asking is that I thought wait list only starts rolling in April/May...

Hey guys, new to this thread. If I was verified by AACOMAS yesterday 11/30/15, how soon could I expect to have a secondary?

Let me reiterate for anyone just tuning in now... your numbers allow you to meet a minimum standard, but it seems to me that once you meet that, LECOM really really cares about your experiences. I'd say 30-40% of my class is "nontraditional" aka not right out of school, which I love! SO if you got an interview, they are interested in you and make sure you are the mature applicant they think you are on your interview!

Anyone who interviewed in October or November get a portal change yet? The wait is killing me! Really love this school and it's my top choice so I wanted to hear back from them soon hoping for an acceptance!

pretty much sub 3.0 cumulative lol.
Science much higher

Last edited:
deff not lol, prbly still 25% open id asumme
first part of the cycle fills up 70% of the class usually and that goes to about late december
and then it picks back up in late january for the 2nd part of the cycle where the last bit of acceptances and waitlists happen

Are the interviews open or closed file? I'm interviewing on Monday in Seton Hill so I want to be as prepared as possible.

Still waiting for a portal change. Interviewed the first week of November and still nothing. The wait is beyond frustrating!