Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm, that's odd...any idea why? Maybe the adcoms are on vacation in August?
Probably because school starts like next week so they have to get that settled before bringing new people?

Members don't see this ad.

@MrBen14 @mathnerd88 I pictured Erie itself being like a smaller version of my hometown, I was kind of surprised by the general layout of the place and how it feels larger and older than I thought. I can't really compare it to anywhere I have traveled before. It feels sort of "touristy" too, there are a lot of people here just driving around and eating at dive bars. There seems to be plenty to do, shop and eat here in the city.

LECOM itself is a lot smaller than I imagined. It is one single building kind of in the middle of a neighborhood. They have a wellness center and a senior center located more in the city. The buildings look pretty nice and modern. It looks like a lot of the students live directly around it which makes sense because of the snow.

Those are my initial thoughts. So far I have some pros and cons but I could see myself living here in order to go to school. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Don't forget the bike rally this weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody got a secondary from LECOM-B but not LECOM. I got my secondary from LECOM-B a couple weeks ago but have not heard anything otherwise.

Thanks!

All done with the interview at Erie!

Reactions: 3 users
How was the group interview? What kind of questions did they ask?
I enjoyed the group interview a lot more than I thought I would. It was real laid back and relaxed. Pretty standard questions...similar to what I thought based on the feeback I saw here.

Has anybody got a secondary from LECOM-B but not LECOM. I got my secondary from LECOM-B a couple weeks ago but have not heard anything otherwise.

Thanks!
I just got an II from LECOM-B

Reactions: 1 user
I have to agree with @DrPatriot

It was pretty laid back, although other groups had different questions than we did. It was actually hard to stand out from the group.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to agree with @DrPatriot

It was pretty laid back, although other groups had different questions than we did. It was actually hard to stand out from the group.

good luck! what did you guys do regarding PBL? any insights about it would be greatly appreciated!

good luck! what did you guys do regarding PBL? any insights about it would be greatly appreciated!
We didn't see a PBL demonstration at the Erie interview. We had lunch with a PBL student though and he spoke very highly about it.

I actually really liked the interview format. I liked my group, and I liked the people who interviewed us. I thought it was laid back and fun.

I wasn't sure what I thought about LECOM before today (I've heard mixed reviews), but I had a very positive experience.

Did anyone elect to get an answer in September?

I actually really liked the interview format. I liked my group, and I liked the people who interviewed us. I thought it was laid back and fun.

I wasn't sure what I thought about LECOM before today (I've heard mixed reviews), but I had a very positive experience.

Yep!

I did. PBL.

The next interview date isn't until the end of August. That might be why nobody is receiving interview invites after that early bird batch.
Where did you get this info? Someone here said they had an II on 7/31

Just got II for LECOM - Bradenton on 8/7
3.8, 3.8, 29

For the people wondering about why they haven't gotten secondaries or IIs yet....its a looong cycle, just relax.

Reactions: 2 users
After sorting out some work stuff, I finally scheduled my interview for the Erie campus on 7/31! So excited-nervous

After sorting out some work stuff, I finally scheduled my interview for the Erie campus on 7/31! So excited-nervous

Don't be nervous! I had a good time. I thought the interview was pretty fun.

Don't be nervous! I had a good time. I thought the interview was pretty fun.

Any tips for someone with little group interview exp? I think I just need to focus on the conversational aspect of it rather than the "interview" part.

Any tips for someone with little group interview exp? I think I just need to focus on the conversational aspect of it rather than the "interview" part.

I guess I would say just relax and be yourself. The conversation aspect of it isn't bad at all. I thought everyone in my group handled it really well. You'll see!

It is quiet in the forum. Has anyone heard back yet about interview invites today?

It seems like interview invites are going out on Fridays....do they send them on other days?

I think several people on this forum have received interview invites on various days of the week. I could be wrong though.

I think several people on this forum have received interview invites on various days of the week. I could be wrong though.
My application was just completed last Thursday night, so I'm hoping for one within the next few days! Was under the impression they only gave them on Fridays but I'll be lookin out now lol

Is anyone else who has already been verified still waiting to get a secondary?

Is anyone else who has already been verified still waiting to get a secondary?
Make sure your official MCAT scores are sent from THX to AACOMAS. I waited for secondaries from June 1st when I was verified and just got their secondary last Thursday because my MCAT scores weren't sent.

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke too soon- just received and submitted the secondary. I added this school early last week and received the secondary today. No essay or any real questions at all, was crazy quick. They must be using our primaries only to decide who to interview. LECOM has moved up to one of my top choices, really can't beat that low cost tuition. It's actually even less than a lot of state schools.

Reactions: 1 users
So I just got a email saying my app was received, no secondary yet. Same for everyone else?