Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Says it is a 1 hr, 23 min drive from middlesboro to knoxville. I chose that assuming you would be taking the shuttle from the holiday Inn into the interview, but I could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I ended up getting a later flight (although I'll have to spend the night at an airport LOL)

Anyone have any experience with DAYS INN MIDDLESBORO KY? Seems pretty bad from the reviews.

I ended up getting a later flight (although I'll have to spend the night at an airport LOL)

Anyone have any experience with DAYS INN MIDDLESBORO KY? Seems pretty bad from the reviews.
What time you getting in? Why you staying at the airport?

Members don't see this ad :)

I stayed at the days inn for my interview. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!! It was so dirty, they don't change your sheets (at least mine), and I had to buy a bath mat and towels from Walmart so I didn't catch Hep C lol. I know the others are a little more expensive, DO THEM, it'll save you the headache

Any interviewees from 2/6 - 2/9 get a call from the dean today?

Reactions: 1 user

If you can get Holiday Inn with the med school rate it was only $75.

Mailed matriculation and gross anatomy bootcamp deposit, let's go DCOM class of 2019!

Reactions: 7 users
I stayed at the Sleep Inn, it was pretty nice as well. But I think it was a few dollars more a night compared to the others.

I stayed at the Sleep Inn, it was pretty nice as well. But I think it was a few dollars more a night compared to the others.

My sheets had cigarette burns in them at Days Inn. Def worth paying more

Do not stay at Days Inn, unless they have fixed things in the last month. When I was there they didn't even have WiFi!

All solid posts about the Days Inn. Just stay away from it if at all possible. The Mexican restaurant that is attached to it's lobby, however, is probably the best in Middlesboro.

Go with the Holiday Inn or Sleep Inn for sure. I've stayed at both and I like Holiday Inn's breakfast more if you need to chose one over the other.

Another option is the Cumberland Gap Inn down in the Gap. It's nice and a good place to stay, but doesn't have breakfast or anything (that I know of).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This school is awesome! Hoping for an acceptance ! Great interview day!

Reactions: 5 users
Yes, I felt like they set the bar very high today as well. :) one week to find out how we did.

Reactions: 3 users
Waiting for a possible call today! :xf: Anyone else waiting to here from the dean today?

I forgot to buy a tshirt before we left :(

Reactions: 1 users
Wait til you're here! The bookstore only sells LMU general stuff. The DCOM swag is sold in the fall by clubs.
Damn, that must be why I can't find a single thing DCOM related on their site. All I have is a DCOM sweatshirt and hoodie.

How and when did you mail this deposit?? I want to do anatomy boot camp too!

I just wrote a check and mailed it to DCOM Office of Admissions and Student Advancement/Class of 2019 as per request on the matriculation agreement. And for the boot camp deposit I just slipped an additional check and the boot camp application form into the same envelope, haha. I printed the application from here: http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/admissions/summer-anatomy.shtml

Damn, that must be why I can't find a single thing DCOM related on their site. All I have is a DCOM sweatshirt and hoodie.

Yeah, they'll sell multiple types of shirts and jackets, tumblers, decals, blankets, etc etc

Is there an accepted students day? I know for some schools there is one.

If you're waiting for a call, don't stress out!! I didn't get my phone call until 10:00 pm!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah...

Just no.
Eh... I did the Days Inn. It wasn't awful. It wasn't exactly great, but it got the job done. Sounds like the Holiday Inn is a better choice. I've stayed in worse places, but I've certainly stayed in better.

Holiday inn was great. Facilities were on par with a chain and the staff was super helpful. They even retroactively applied the student discount when I checked in. They also supplied a lot of info regarding local housing options.

The sleep inn is the best place to stay in Middlesboro by far. Another option is the Woodlake country club in Tazewell.

Interviewed 2/6. Received the acceptance call at 8:30pm central time.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call about 945ish Praise God I am accepted!

This is something special, and I am glad to share it with my SDN fam! Dont give up guys!

Reactions: 6 users
Well I got an email that I was called and missed the call. I called back, but I got the letter in the mail the following week. Just be patient man, hoping for the best!
I feel like I interviewed well. So I was kinda expecting to hear from them. Thanks for your help and encouragement!

I feel like I interviewed well. So I was kinda expecting to hear from them. Thanks for your help and encouragement!

Well if people we're getting calls late, they might have just ran out of time. If you were rejected, you would have gotten an email for sure

Well if people we're getting calls late, they might have just ran out of time. If you were rejected, you would have gotten an email for sure
Agree, my rejection emails post interview came fast. If the school does email, you know the same night usually.

I wouldn't feel too upset, I felt my November interviews went well and I ended up with a waitlist status. I'm still feeling hopeful because they pull a lot of students off of the waitlist.