Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gotcha. Would it be reasonable to expect an II, given my stats?
More likely....and take into account your background and the story you tell them as well. But don't quote me, I am not the admission staff. Good Luck !

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else expecting a call today??? I interviewed last week and they told us we were going to receive a call to give us the decision today or tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are a total of approximately 45 batches of interviews (each batch about 10-12 people). Only 2 batches done so far. So plenty time and all spots are open as of right now. But some people will be getting acceptances today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I have been accepted!!!! Just now!

Reactions: 11 users
There has been no rejections so far on this thread....I feel so excited for those who got accepted ! Good jobs guys

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone going to the Open House tomorrow? Also, what do you normally wear to those things? (I'm a girl).

Just called about my app, been waiting over a month for complete status. They misplaced my letters so I'll be reviewed this week.

There has been no rejections so far on this thread....I feel so excited for those who got accepted ! Good jobs guys
There are tons and tons of people with extremely low stats (<3.0 gpa, <20 MCAT, even <15 or single digits) who apply to many DO schools. Those same people wouldn't ever be on SDN to begin with. I think Goro has said about half of applicants are in that category (super low stats). So naturally all of those people are rejected.

Last edited:
Just called about my app, been waiting over a month for complete status. They misplaced my letters so I'll be reviewed this week.
The same happened to me, but not only the LOR but the secondary as well. I got an email from them politely reminding me to submit a secondary w/ letters so I can be reviewed, but once I sent them confirmation #s they found my app.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are tons and tons of people with extremely low stats (<3.0 gpa, <20 MCAT, even <15 or single digits) who apply to many DO schools. Those same people wouldn't ever be on SDN to begin with. I think Goro has said about half of applicants are in that category (super low stats). So naturally all of those people are rejected.
Completely agree !!! what I actually meant was solely for those who participate in this thread and for this school.

The same happened to me, but not only the LOR but the secondary as well. I got an email from them politely reminding me to submit a secondary w/ letters so I can be reviewed, but once I sent them confirmation #s they found my app.
Yeah, so keeping in close contact with the adcom regarding application status is a must and very important... due to high volume of applications, oversights and mistakes can happen to some applications.

Had my interview today so now i play the waiting game. Really hoping for an acceptance as this is the school i want to go to.

For those who already did the interviews, were the interviews open file or closed file? Going over the primary application, secondary application and SDN interview feedback is enough to prepare for the interview? Thanks.

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! :D

Just wondering if anyone else is interviewing October 3rd? I think I may be the only one on SDN :\ lol

For those who already did the interviews, were the interviews open file or closed file? Going over the primary application, secondary application and SDN interview feedback is enough to prepare for the interview? Thanks.

Interviews are usually closed filed.

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! :D

Just wondering if anyone else is interviewing October 3rd? I think I may be the only one on SDN :\ lol
I'll be there a mere 3 days later for an interview, and I'm anticipating the same thing you are: a low amount of SDN members going to interview.

Hey y'all! I'm an OMS-1 here! Feel free to PM me questions if you have them. As you might expect, time is a bit limited around these parts, but I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can :)

Hi everyone. I'm a first year at DCOM and am happy to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to PM me or post directly. I'm usually quick to reply. Good luck and I hope everyone gets a chance to interview at this GREAT school!!

I have an interview on October 6th. Anyone have words of wisdom for me?

Let your true self shine. It's a pretty laid back interview. Get a good conversation going.

The interview is closed file, the know nothing about you. I didn't prepare for the interview at all, I don't rehearse any answers or anything. I always try to be myself and I am kind of shy, so I guess that being who you are works. Don't worry, it is a very relaxed interview.

Like everyone else has said, it is pretty laid back and it goes by pretty quickly. Be yourself. For my interviews, I always did a little bit of prep work. Knew what I would roughly say to basic questions (without sounding rehearsed), researched the school, had questions prepared, always located the school the night before the interview so I wouldn't get lost, and arrived early the day of the interview. I highly recommend going to the meet and great event at Gondeliers the night before. It calmed me down and gave me a good insight to what the school was like from a student's point of view.

Now both a funny/silly story and a tale of caution. :) They are going to take you on a tour and part of this tour includes the Math and Natural Sciences building (MANS as we all call it). In the front lobby is this statue/fountain that has a rotating earth (I think the water helps it rotate, I'm not sure.) This statue sometimes stops on its own but it can also be stopped if someone touches it so it has signs around it that say "DON'T TOUCH" to stop this from happening. One interviewee last year (I don't know if they saw the sign or not) touched it and made it stop. It must have been noticed and word must have gone around, because a professor shared it with my class the next day and we all had a good laugh because we understood the temptation since we pass it every morning. I highly doubt it counted against them, but I can't imagine how mortified and terrified they must of been afterwards. So don't touch the globe! :)

I'll be sure to make note of that! My ADHD and curiosity will not get the better of me.

Was complete early last week. Anybody have news on long it usually takes to get an II?

Finally got the complete email. My stuff was misplaced, but I think it's been almost 6 weeks since I submitted :rolleyes:

Would a one page reply (500 words) for the first supplementary question be considered excessive? I talked about multiple experiences what qualities I developed from each that I believe will make me a successful physician. I wanted to hit a variety of clusters (compassion, diversity, critical thinking and passion for service) to be able to properly answer the question "In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician and what personal qualities do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?"

Complete on 9/17. Anyone know a relative turn around time for notification of interview after completion?

Soo, I just submitted my ACOOMAS application today to be processed. I have 3.9sGPA, 3.9cGPA, and a 29 on the MCAT. I hope I'm not too late.

Soo, I just submitted my ACOOMAS application today to be processed. I have 3.9sGPA, 3.9cGPA, and a 29 on the MCAT. I hope I'm not too late.

You're not too late. I submitted mine early september last year and was accepted here before christmas. Your stats are obviously solid, you're in good shape.

You're not too late. I submitted mine early september last year and was accepted here before christmas. Your stats are obviously solid, you're in good shape.

How long after you were complete did you receive an II? Could I ask for the stats that you applied with? better way to ask would be, do higher stats give fast II?
Thanks

For those who already did the interview this cycle, is it only one 30-minute one-on-one interview?

It rarely lasts that long. It is one interview. You are with two interviewers; one clinical faculty and one basic science faculty.

Just got the call! Accepted!!! Interviewed on 9/19 so excited this is my No.1

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted last night!! Interviewed on the 22nd. Nice to get a call from the dean personally.

Do stats count for a lot here?

What about mission?
I can't say anything definitive as it's just what I've been told, but your desire to fulfill the mission and/or live/work in a rural area is more important, given you have acceptable stats.

I've been complete for a while so this weekend I sent the school an e-mail asking if they could give me the current status of my application. I got a response this morning saying that I've been reviewed and I should hear from the admissions soon. I really hope it'll be a phone call later for an II and not a rejection e-mail. Got my fingers crossed.

I've been complete for a while so this weekend I sent the school an e-mail asking if they could give me the current status of my application. I got a response this morning saying that I've been reviewed and I should hear from the admissions soon. I really hope it'll be a phone call later for an II and not a rejection e-mail. Got my fingers crossed.
Good luck man. Anyone interviewing this Friday ??