Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine shows complete with confirmation email on 8/12. Submitted 7/16.

Members don't see this ad.

Man I hope I get complete here soon. Submitted 07/16, my letters are still not there. I'm debating whether or not to resend them through Interfolio (already sent them through AACOMAS). :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I hope I get complete here soon. Submitted 07/16, my letters are still not there. I'm debating whether or not to resend them through Interfolio (already sent them through AACOMAS). :(
I would strongly suggest you call (in the a.m.)!

I just called them because I was concerned about my letters. The person I spoke with gave me no specific information about my app. But I was told that they are behind on LORs and they are trying to put up whatever status updates they can, written in red, on the login screen to the supplemental. Most likely no need to resend.

Reactions: 1 user
I just called them because I was concerned about my letters. The person I spoke with gave me no specific information about my app. But I was told that they are behind on LORs and they are trying to put up whatever status updates they can, written in red, on the login screen to the supplemental. Most likely no need to resend.

That's kind of what I figured...I didn't want to bother them because I know they're super swamped with letters; I just hope that I get complete soon! I'm from the area and would love to move back.

Finally received complete email! Submitted secondary on 7/22.

@femmegoblue I was wondering why you might be cancelling your interview at BCOM, congrats on your acceptance! Also do you guys think it matters terribly if I only use half of the allotted characters for the essay?

@femmegoblue I was wondering why you might be cancelling your interview at BCOM, congrats on your acceptance! Also do you guys think it matters terribly if I only use half of the allotted characters for the essay?
Thanks pal! I think if you say all you need to say, then no it doesn't matter!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, is anyone aware of much religion matters at this school? I'm not religious and don't have a problem with religion but I don't really want to attend a heavily religious school such as Liberty. Does anyone have any insight into this in regards to MU?

Just got a II, but I'm going to have to pass it up. Hope one of you guys get it!

@femmegoblue for some reason I'm not being able to quote you and reply on my phone. But I was complete on 8/4 and the interview invite was through email.

@femmegoblue for some reason I'm not being able to quote you and reply on my phone. But I was complete on 8/4 and the interview invite was through email.

Hey star was that when your LOR were marked received and complete or was that the date you submitted your application? Also what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?

Hey star was that when your LOR were marked received and complete or was that the date you submitted your application? Also what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?
My letters were marked completed before I even got that email, but I guess they weren't fully reviewed until 8/4. That's when I got an email saying that my app was officially complete.

My GPAs are on the low end but I think my MCAT score, a 508, was okay enough to get an invite. I also had a good amount of extracurriculars, healthcare experience, and LORs from faculty and others that have gotten to know me so I think those helped too.

My letters were marked completed before I even got that email, but I guess they weren't fully reviewed until 8/4. That's when I got an email saying that my app was officially complete.

My GPAs are on the low end but I think my MCAT score, a 508, was okay enough to get an invite. I also had a good amount of extracurriculars, healthcare experience, and LORs from faculty and others that have gotten to know me so I think those helped too.
Dang my application was complete 8/5 so I hope they just stopped at 8/4... I got an interview last year so I don't know why I wouldn't get this one either lol

submitted july 19th, but all my letters are shown as missing :/ what gives? hopefully they are just behind on that aspect of the applications.

Dang my application was complete 8/5 so I hope they just stopped at 8/4... I got an interview last year so I don't know why I wouldn't get this one either lol
When did you submit your app?

As of 8/4, screening for interview invitations has started.
Screening can take at least three (3) weeks.
Interview invitations should start on 8/19.

Thank you for your patience.

Interview decisions started today.

Admissions

II just now, stoked! OOS, Lizzy M ~69

How strict are they with sociology requirement? Anyone have any luck getting a course substituted such as social psychology?

anyone else get a pre-ii hold or know the likelihood of an II from this? Thanks!! was on pre-ii hold last cycle too -_-

First rejection of the cycle nice to know at least lol

anyone else get a pre-ii hold or know the likelihood of an II from this? Thanks!! was on pre-ii hold last cycle too -_-
Yeah. Just got put on hold for what the email said was less than a month.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Hmm, yeah maybe they stopped at 8/4 for interviews for now? Wishing you the best for the next interview invite batch! :)

Literally submitted my secondary 7/30 and it still shows my LORs as incomplete in the portal. I submitted all my LORs via AACOMAS and have had no issues with any other schools. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

Literally submitted my secondary 7/30 and it still shows my LORs as incomplete in the portal. I submitted all my LORs via AACOMAS and have had no issues with any other schools. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

I submitted my secondary on 7/24 and only became complete on the portal/got a complete email on 8/19. :)

I submitted my secondary on 7/24 and only became complete on the portal/got a complete email on 8/19. :)
I'll do you one better: I submitted on JULY 2nd and was completed on 8/17

Hope I'm complete soon then! Submitted on 7/25 and still nothing.

Well that's comforting to hear. I guess their LOR processing is just super slow so just need to wait!

Just checked the portal and I am complete!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Submitted 7/20, LOR still incomplete -_- should I email? I updated AACOMAS with letters after I my primary was verified. but I noted it in the supplemental app

3.25 and a 508 with three publications. you think I have a shot here?

Does MU-COM send rejections throughout or just at the end of the cycle?