Meme WWar GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when villagers lynch me i root for wolves. go wolves!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
funny-puppy-meme-it-was-me.jpg

Posted a sign up for a Final Fantasy 7 themed WW in the Lounge today... game to start Monday... sign up early and often!

The sun has risen and nothing has happened. Memes everywhere tacitly accept that this may be the end of the chaos. Quietly, inside their heads, they all begin to cheer and celebrate. In one part of the internet, one meme is especially cheerful. For they have decided it is time to act. They have bided their time during this whole killer virus episode, and now is their time to embrace their destiny. They have only one shot at this. Well, technically two. But only one opportunity.

Packen sits in his Ikea, quietly stroking his jacket. He sees the world through a revolving door. In a very literal way as he spends much of his day in fear, staring out the various glass paneling of the Ikea. He feels safe in here. He is protected from the villains out there, from the evil of the world. Those who would want to hurt him would need to get past the Ikea door, which had blocked so many before. This is his castle as well as his jail cell, too afraid to face the dangerous world outside. Trapped forever with his sherling coat in a world of some assembly required furniture, living off Swedish meatballs. He quietly watches the sun rise on this new day in the internet, just knowing deep down in his bones that it is the start of something so new that it is scary.
Ikea-monkey-in-Toronto-st-008.jpg

<thwump>

A shadowy figure drops from the ceiling, landing without harm on the linoleum tiling behind Packen. Packen doesn't even turn around. "So this is how it ends, huh." The figure doesn't say a word, simply nodding up and down. "I was too much of a pest for you. I see. Well, let me at least take off the jacket. It would be such a shame to ruin it." Quietly Packen takes off the jacket and lays it gingerly on the ground. He turns around and faces the invader. "Lets do this". From outside of the ikea, there is a loud "THUMP" and then a spray of blood hits the ikea windows. A few seconds later the revolving door starts spinning and an unseen shadowy figure walks out of the ikea, leaving bloody footprints behind them.

Packen, The Ikea Monkey, has been killed by an assailant. He was so confident that his ikea would protect him from anything detrimental, but knew damn well it wouldn't protect him from death

In memorium:
original.jpg

Yet the day hours are far from over. The shadowy figure proceeds onwards towards the center of the internet. To the hub. There, Lissarae is just starting to prepare for a day of potential judgment. She is about to climb her pile of debris to her podium when she freezes in place. She says "so&#8230; I'm assuming you're not here to be my friend." The shadowy figure shifts their weight slightly under the tree they were hiding behind. Realizing that they have been seen, they reluctantly start moving out from the shadow. Lissa doesn't need to see who it is to know the identity. "But why, EquineConstant? Why?". EC walks out into the open, blood splattered on her fur. She says "When I was at my weakest, when I was at my lowest, the viruses came and took away the only person I ever loved. They took away my brother." Lissa slowly walks towards EC, but only a few steps, so as to not to incite any aggression. She responds "the viruses are dead. Your vengeance is complete. Go home. Call off this fight. There are no more people to avenge." EC continues her speech where she left off: "and when my hatred for them brought me back to life, literally reviving my body with the power of the grump, I came to be your savior, to be a hero. To be lauded as the God who saved all of memekind from viruses. I was to be the savior who they would build statues of. The one who would have website after website dedicated to. My brothers memory would be but a fart in the wind compared to the legacy I would have. AT THAT POINT&#8230; you all decided to try to kill me. To try to lynch me as some vulgar street meme."

Lissa slowly walks towards her bag, left just a few yards away from where she is standing. In there is a knife. The one she will end this scourge with. EC is so wrapped up in her diatribe that maybe she won't notice Lissa going for it. Lissa yells out "that is BS. You clearly have some sort of delusion of grandeur. Your brother died, and he was the father of all of our popularity. This isn't about justice for him. You said it yourself. You think yourself some God and only by being the most revered of the memes can you accept that your dead brother was always, and will always, be better than you. How many people do you intend to kill to be the brightest star remaining?"

EC ponders this for a second and then says "you know. I never thought about it that way. I guess the answer is&#8230;. However many it takes until I am king of the tubes, even if I am the king of nothing but smoldering rubble, I will rebuild it in my grumpy image. The viruses fought to control the internet. You fought to protect the internet. But I'm not like either of you. I just want to watch the world burn."
tumblr_me6dnmqvc51rtril1o1_500.jpg

EC, totally wrapped up in her speech barely notices Lissa begin rapidly rushing at her, and definitely doesn't notice the knife. Lissa leaps at EC, who does register that in the nick of time, and dives sideways onto the ground. Lissa lands on the ground a few feet away and scrambles towards EC. EC grabs a fist full of sand and throws it in lissa's face. Lissa recoils back for a second, rubbing her eyes while EC gets to her feet. EC yells out "you know my hands, powered by my hatred, are strong enough to punch through your puny chest". Lissa says "I know you have a heart still in you somewhere". EC laughs and says "my heart is cold and black". Lissa retorts "well as long as it's there, I'm glad. Because I plan to stab you in it."

EC runs at Lissa who is still rubbing her eyes. She goes to tackle Lissa, but it is a ploy and she moves to the side and slashes EC in the leg. EC cries out and rolls on the ground. Lissa lifts the knife over her head and leaps in the air and on top of EC. The knife swings down with all of is force and misses just to the left of EC's head, as EC torques her head away. As Lissa goes to pull the knife out of the grass, EC turns her head back and bites her in the hand. Lissa howls in pain and jumps off of EC, leaving the knife in the ground. EC gets up and grabs the knife for herself. Lissa takes a defensive position waiting for the attack. An attack that doesn't come. EC yells at her "take back your knife. I like a fair fight".

Lissa is shocked by this, but EC does indeed throw back the knife, which lands right at Lissa's feet. Lissa bends over to pick it up and then starts to take a defensive stance when <BLAM> a gunshot rings out. Lissa looks down at her stomach, where blood is quickly starting to soak her shirt. She looks up at EC, carrying a smoking gun that must have been concealed somewhere in the fur before.

"I thought you said you liked fair fights?" gasps Lissa. EC replies with "I lied." Lissa takes a few steps towards EC, who fires again, hitting her in the shoulder. Lissa drops to one knee, but then rises again. "I thought you stood for something important" EC nods and says "I lied a little there too&#8230; I stand for myself." EC then raises his gun and fires again, but Lissa screams and ducks. The bullet flies somewhere over her head. She uses all of her energy to close the small distance between her and EC and tackle him in one swift hit, EC fires off another bullet while being tackled that flies harmlessly into the sky. She has pinned him down, she is breathing heavily and blood is dripping down onto EC. EC says "you're going to die, you know that" Lissa just laughs and says "No&#8230; I can't, the mod said it would take something extraordinary to kill me." EC smiles and says "I guess the mod lied too" and fires a fifth shot, with the barrel pressed firmly against Lissa's sternum. Lissa's body lurches up for a split second, and then falls limply ontop of EC, who rolls her off pretty quickly. EC slowly rises, assessing the slash wound to her leg. She then assesses Lissa's dead body and drops the gun, out of bullets anyway, onto her chest. "It's a shame, I rather liked you.

Lissa, Courage Wolf, Who could not be converted or killed at night except by extraordinary circumstances, was killed by one of the possible extraordinary circumstances

In memorium:
memestache.com_160431_1334098814.jpg

As a blood stained EC wanders the streets he passes nohika. Nohika asks him why he is covered in blood. EC just glares at her and says "aren't you dead?" Nohika hedges and rubs her foot in the ground while she responds "well&#8230; sort of. But I am your internet neighbor and am curious how I can help you!". EC responds in the usual fashion.

538145_10151445193725979_1390291543_n.jpg

Nohika, Hipster Kitty v2.0, who never really counted as anything since her death, has decided to not get involved in the victory conditions because grumpy cat was mean to her

Finally EC approached OrcaGirl's house. She can hear orca running down her stairs towards the front door. EC punches the door open, its latch blowing off of the frame and the door swinging wide open. Orca stares slack jawed at the blood covered feline meme. Orca has a knife in hand ready to defend herself. EC speaks first "I have an offer for you&#8230;. I am tired of death. Heck, I don't have the energy to kill anyone ever again. But you! You have proven that you never tire of it. Help me rebuild this internet in my image. In the image of the grump. We shall sneer forever together. I will be an ascendant god of the internet and you will be my personal right hand, killing those who oppose me. You know it is in your nature, as do I. So let's just do this ****."

EC doesn't even wait for a response. She begins to walk away as Orcagirl lets it sink in that she really is the last remaining meme. She can't help but realize she faces death or assimilation and decides to agree to let grumpy cat win this. After all, OrcaGirl is The Dating Site Serial Killer, a villager who would feed her violent urges by being able to kill anyone in the game regardless of protection status. Even if she is a villager, she can't deny the offer to kill others is too tempting to turn down.

EquineConstant, **** The Grumpy Cat, who wanted nothing more than to see the whole world burn due to her undying grump power has won the game and declared herself the God of the internet. Thanks in no small part to saving her two "high power kills" for the last possible moment"

tumblr_mfn27j6vx41rpz6jro1_500.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

showposter.jpg

God Of The Internet
**EquineConstant - Surprised Kitty Grumpy Cat**

FBI.gov
<empty>

4Chan

**Orcagirl** - Dating Site Serial Killer

Memebase

Nohika - Hipster Kitty - Hipster Kitty v2.0

Facebook

<Empty>

Reddit

<Empty>

Wikipedia

<Empty>

Recycle Bin

SOV - Success Kid
Lupin - Overly Attached GF
Kaydubs - Happy Cat
Devyn - Squinty Eye Fry
Trematode - Scumbag Steve
LIS - DDoS Attack Virus
SnS - Worm Virus
WldLfStdnt - Trojan Virus

Dyachei - Insanity Wolf

WTF - First World Problems
FFM - Socially Awkward Penguin
TheDrJojo &#8211; I Have No Idea What I'm Doing Dog
FTB - Condescending Wonka
FH - TMIMITW
Samoa - Paranoid Parrot
That Redhead - Logic Bomb Virus
SDP - Sudden Clarity Clarence
WildCatJ - Hipster Ariel
KP - Pedobear, Basement Cat
WolfSpeaker - High Expectations Asian Father
PetPony - Dramatic Chipmunk
JJohnston - I Regret Nothing Chicken
Hedgie - Brace Yourself - Worm Virus v2.0
Escalla - McKayla Maroney
TropicTuco - 90's Problems/James Van Der Meme
DVMDream - Rootkit Virus
Swings - The Baby Godfather
Nyanko - Tay Zonday
Packen - Ikea Monkey
Lissarae - Courage Wolf

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Gah! :bang: :laugh:

Congrats EC! I soooo wanted to tell Orca to try and kill you, but I was dead. :(

Awesome game DocE!

I told you EC had her own win condition.... No one listened.. Oh wells. :)

Holy hell, hardest game ever as a wolf... seriously way too many villager roles, mixed with group roles, mixed with the number of villagers.... very overwhelming...

Also, very glad I lived as long as I did... after LIS and SnS died I was pretty much alone for making wolf decisions... there would not have been any for a few nights if I had died during that 3-4 day period.

And LIS... I still think my wolf strategy was just fine... I think you were a bit stressed at that moment... I will forgive you for yelling at me... even if it did make me sad..

Holy hell, hardest game ever as a wolf... seriously way too many villager roles, mixed with group roles, mixed with the number of villagers.... very overwhelming...

:thumbup:

Yeah. The odds were stacked against us from the start - which I'm perfectly ok with. I still think too many games end with the wolves winning.

DocE: Very awesome game. Really.

SOV: I'm sorry you got taken out right away. Well. Sorta sorry. Because of the nature of my role, as soon as you started bragging about not being able to be killed our response we obvious: we had to try while I was alive and had the chance to inhibit you. But I still felt a bit bad since you just got done modding and then didn't get a chance to play.

SOV: I'm sorry you got taken out right away. Well. Sorta sorry. Because of the nature of my role, as soon as you started bragging about not being able to be killed our response we obvious: we had to try while I was alive and had the chance to inhibit you. But I still felt a bit bad since you just got done modding and then didn't get a chance to play.

:smuggrin: I was really proud of the wolves at this moment btw.

Sorry but not really sorry??

As a side note: I don't want to be a wolf for at least the next 3 or 4 games.. please.. Three games in a row is enough.... I have had my satisfaction with being a wolf... I beg to be a normal villager next time... when I return to WW in May.

I had told EC that if she used her kill power her identity as the killer would be revealed and she would have to find a way to explain why she killed. I assumed she would kill at some point to off people on her trail and then play the "how do we kill this wolf" game.

She actually outsmarted me by never using them and keeping the "I'm innocent" facade going for so damn long that people never really debated "how" to kill her and assumed it was a given she couldn't be.

You didn't use my damn picture! lol...

What would I have gotten had I taken the hat instead of keeping my glasses?
Would surprised kitty have committed suicide if I gave her that hamburger instead of giving it randomly to Lissa?

After happy cat died, I found a cheeseburger in her house, and was told someone was suffering and in great need of the cheeseburger. I was told I needed to use it within an hour or two... I tried asking if anyone was suffering, or if anyone wanted lunch. Then after a little over 2 hours, with no answer, i gave it away randomly. Courage Wolf, who was second to last still alive, was interestingly my choice. Right after I sent the PM to DocE, I see EC's posts explaining she was soo sad about Happy Kitty's death. Ugh, if that happened like 15 minutes earlier, the entire game could have gone differently, maybe...

3t6lif

If only Sheeps had investigated DVMD when I asked...the game might have gone a bit differently :p

Well played EC, well played. You definitely had me fooled.

BTW, I assume Orca blocked memebase last night, why didn't it block EC? Oh wait, EC blocked Orca...how do you decide which block works and which doesn't?

DocE, what happened the other night when I couldn't seer nyanko properly?

Sorry but not really sorry??

As a side note: I don't want to be a wolf for at least the next 3 or 4 games.. please.. Three games in a row is enough.... I have had my satisfaction with being a wolf... I beg to be a normal villager next time... when I return to WW in May.

You??

I don't think anyone is ever gonna let me live past the first day now. The RNGs that everyone has seem to think I howl at the moon every night....

Grumpy Cat disabled you completely, akin to LIS's DDoS, but didn't silence you. It would disable leadership abilities. As everyone who led 4chan in the second half of the game can attest to, I think EC blocked 4chan's leader every opportunity but one.

Ok, but if 4 chan blocks roles, and they say block EC but EC says block 4chan leader, who wins...I see from playing the game it was EC, but did you just decide EC was more powerful of a block. Why is this what I keep picturing in my head when I see this?

Priori_Incantatem.jpg

Gah! :bang: :laugh:

Congrats EC! I soooo wanted to tell Orca to try and kill you, but I was dead. :(

Awesome game DocE!

I tried. Stupid Grumpy Cat.

Good game. I made it to end game as a villager!! It's just too bad we didn't win.

EC's block prevents leadership roles. So since blocking was your leadership role, EC winning was a no brainer. Much harder would be if LIS (who wasnt alive at that point, but humor me) used the DDoS powder on EC and EC said to block LIS.

Then how come EC's block did not work on my FBI snitch that one night? She was able to block my movement and my kill but not the FBI snitch.... which actually probably saved me for that lynch.

just following the thread randomly and I will say this was an epic game.

Last edited:
EC's block prevents leadership roles. So since blocking was your leadership role, EC winning was a no brainer. Much harder would be if LIS (who wasnt alive at that point, but humor me) used the DDoS powder on EC and EC said to block LIS.

Yes, EC blocked me from blocking the FBI one night, I mentioned it in the thread.

First, you had a 50% chance of finding an item on any dead player. It would let you mimic their role. I imagine the "hat" was scumbag steve's hat, which would let you steal a role. (if you steal a wolf, you become one and they die). Of coruse that would require you to give up your fry squinty glasses.

The happy cat / surprised cat dichotomy. Here was the deal. Happy cat was told to look for his brother each night. IF happy cat found surprised kitty, surprised kitty would return from the dead after 1 round as ceiling cat. Ceiling cat would more or less be the same as grumpy kitty, but 1) would be good aligned, not neutral 2) not be able to convert the one player GC could and 3) would be totally lynchable, but immune to wolf attacks as long as happy cat was alive. Both players would be informed of this "outcome" of death if happy cat found surprised cat.

IF surprised cat was killed by wolves before being found, she would resurrect as grumpy cat

IF surprised cat was lynched before being found, HAPPY cat would become grumpy cat immediately.

IF happy cat was killed before finding surprised cat (as happened), surprised cat would off themself and resurrect as grumpy cat a round later.

Basically it was large odds that surprised became grumpy. Small odds that Surprised became ceiling and smallest odds that happy became grumpy. Either way, this powerful role would come from one of these two players based on their interactions.

So the blocks. Easy. The LIS DDoS disabled a player completely (turned them into a "plain villager", disabled any leadership role, silenced them).

The 4chan hack blocked every player but ONLY their role powers. Leaders could still lead. Snitches could still snitch.

Being behind a firewall (thanks to reddit) would get in the way of various things. I think in the game all it ever did was block seering one time and prevent a clear snitch result a second time. It could have done much more. SDP could see through the firewall.

Grumpy Cat disabled you completely, akin to LIS's DDoS, but didn't silence you. It would disable leadership abilities. As everyone who led 4chan in the second half of the game can attest to, I think EC blocked 4chan's leader every opportunity but one.

so giving surprised kitty that cheeseburger wouldn't have done anything?

I just want to say that everyone is VERY lucky I didn't have orca's role. You know I would have been killing someone every night :smuggrin:

I didn't use my role at all, since leading 4chan had more potential impact in the game. Also led to me being lynched, but oh well. At least the wolves didn't kill me right away.

The whole reason we figured there was a wolf in wiki was because we decided to protect DVMDream over devyn. We protected a wolf a few times thinking she was a seer. And then I used wiki's power to protect me and DVMDream until I died. I can't believe you all didn't lynch her when there was a night of no deaths and she was blocked two times in a row.

Great game DocE!

Would have prevented the suicide and she would have become ceiling cat, just without the happy cat-derived wolf immunity, as she would see it as a sign from her brother to turn towards good. Sorry. Forgot to mention that, as it was a bit different from the normal "flow chart" of outcomes.

so you are saying I coulda saved the game for the villagers... great. :(