Michigan State c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup! Michigan is one of the few schools I haven't heard from yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope there are more acceptances being sent this week :nailbiting: Congratulations nyxie!!

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed admissions and they said roughly mid-February the next round will go out.

So does that mean all of the January batch has been sent out? Do we know how many people have been accepted so far? I feel my chances diminishing...

Congratulations!!! :clap:

Anyone in the latest round of acceptances have a "sub 900" SIS? Trying to gauge where they are in the process and where the end might be. Thanks.

Has anyone else received acceptance emails this week? Also, for those of you accepted, how many of you are IS/go to MSU right now?

I would also like to know stats for those of you accepted recently if possible! Thank you! :)

Has anyone else received acceptance emails this week? Also, for those of you accepted, how many of you are IS/go to MSU right now?

I would also like to know stats for those of you accepted recently if possible! Thank you! :)

I was also accepted on Tuesday! I'm IS and my SIS was 899.67. Verbal 157, Quantitative 153, last 3 semester GPA was 4.0, 3.4 science GPA, research and zoo experience, a few months of clinical (that's what I've been doing since I applied). Best of luck for everyone who hasn't heard back yet!

I am in state and attended MSU for undergrad

cumulative GPA: 3.85

science/last 3 semester GPAs were slightly lower, don't remember exactly what they were probably around 3.7

GRE V:162 Q:163

experience in Spay/Neuter, Zoo vet dept intern, lab assistant position in a lab in the CVM, feline blood bank, wildlife rehab, and various other things.

The thread was pretty quiet for a round of acceptances going out...maybe it was a small batch. Trying to remain hopeful, MSU is my last chance this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!! :clap:

Anyone in the latest round of acceptances have a "sub 900" SIS? Trying to gauge where they are in the process and where the end might be. Thanks.
It may be hard to gauge based on your known SIS score because your supplemental adds to the total SIS score. For me, my SIS was only about 840 but I was admitted in the first round.
Who knows how they really make decisions...

I called admissions today and asked if the January round of notifications went out. They said they hadn't sent them out yet and that they should be sent out by the end of next week. So there wasn't a round of acceptances sent this week. Maybe just a few here and there. :)

Reactions: 7 users
PLEASE LET US HEAR GOOD NEWS!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, keep your chins up. It's only January and I am sure there are a lot more acceptances to go out.
I am a second year at MSU. Let me know if you have any questions!

Also, another thing to think about: One of my boss's sons if a third year at MSU, was OOS, and didn't hear a thing until late March. It was his only acceptance! SHe told me not to get discouraged and to keep truckin'!

Just confirmed my Welcome Day spot! So excited! :D

So I guess we can expect another batch of acceptances by the end of the week... :eek:

Good luck, everyone! :luck::luck:

Who knows...I guess if you call the office you'll be told that was all for January.

Who knows...I guess if you call the office you'll be told that was all for January.

I was referring to the post by @SpartanGirl92, since she did call admissions at the end of last week.

I called admissions today and asked if the January round of notifications went out. They said they hadn't sent them out yet and that they should be sent out by the end of next week. So there wasn't a round of acceptances sent this week. Maybe just a few here and there. :)

Of course, they still might be done for January for all I know.

I was referring to the post by @SpartanGirl92, since she did call admissions at the end of last week.

Of course, they still might be done for January for all I know.
Oh yes I know. I also follow the APVMA Facebook page and it looks like Donna Grooms told someone the next batch is due in mid-February. Which is why I said who knows haha. It gets confusing when you're hearing two different things!

Ah, well that is confusing.

Ugh.. so much waiting :cryi:

I called yesterday and they said January was not sent out yet and that they should be by the end of next week. Very confused!

Reactions: 3 users
I called yesterday and they said January was not sent out yet and that they should be by the end of next week. Very confused!

Lol... at this rate, they'll keep saying "next week" until it's February. Oh well.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah they keep giving everyone different information. I don't even think they know where they are at in the process. I've decided to just stop dwelling on when it will happen and just wait it out. I think this forum stresses me out even more! Ahhh.

I'd just like to know if I am rejected or not. The fact that they wait so long to send out their rejections makes me wonder if they wait to hear yes or no from already accepted applicants before they determine a waitlist.

That would be my assumption. Unless you have absolutely no experience/horrible grades, I would assume they would keep the "in betweeners" in the mix until the very end. That way they aren't turning away people who could possibly be accepted if space is available.

Someone else should call admissions today and ask them if notifications for January have been completed. See if they change their answer yet again. Lol!

Someone else should call admissions today and ask them if notifications for January have been completed. See if they change their answer yet again. Lol!
Ha I just called admissions and they said they have not sent the January batch out yet and will by the end of next week. So much for MID-January lol

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the update. Clearly they are just going to tell us the same thing week after week. Ahhhhhhhhh! The suspense is killing me. Lol

Hey, long time lurker here.... I received my acceptance email in December! :)

Last edited:
I know I'm a bit early on this, but is anyone thinking about housing yet? I'd be interested in living with other vet students.

I know I'm a bit early on this, but is anyone thinking about housing yet? I'd be interested in living with other vet students.
I'd start figuring out my housing now. Leasing season in East Lansing starts in early October, so most of the good locations/prices are already gone. You're gonna have to dig around if you're picky about where you live!!

I'm right there with you. I was accepted in December and after hearing from my IS, I now know that I'm definitely going to MSU. I've been looking at places, but trying to find a place from states away is a little difficult. I'm more than likely going to try living by myself the first year for my sanity, but it will be a lot nicer when I can go see places when I go up for a welcome day. Also, coming from Florida.....yeah, major climate change :eek:

I'm right there with you. I was accepted in December and after hearing from my IS, I now know that I'm definitely going to MSU. I've been looking at places, but trying to find a place from states away is a little difficult. I'm more than likely going to try living by myself the first year for my sanity, but it will be a lot nicer when I can go see places when I go up for a welcome day. Also, coming from Florida.....yeah, major climate change :eek:

Coming from Georgia, so I think I'm going to need to get a new coat :p We have been looking at houses in the Okemos area.

Coming from Georgia, so I think I'm going to need to get a new coat :p We have been looking at houses in the Okemos area.

I guess I need to leave the tank tops and flip flops at home. The realization that I have absolutely no true cold weather gear: priceless :rolleyes: Oh well, I guess I get to do some shopping when I go up in March to tour the school. I've noted a few places in Haslett, but it's been difficult finding places in Okemos from far away. Probably going to have to stop by some real estate offices or something when I'm up there.

Okemos is a nice area!! And yes, seeing as how Tuesday has a high of 5 degrees...you might want to get a new coat. Or two. And gloves. And a hat. And thermal leggings for under jeans (I never go anywhere without wearing two pairs of pants in the winter). And waterproof snow boots. And an ice scraper!

I suppose us warmer weather types better learn how to properly layer for a real winter as well. I hope all of you in-staters don't laugh at us too badly!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone even though it is months away, and to greeting more of our class as MSU releases acceptances. Best of luck everyone!

I'm a first year here, and I live at Nemoke Trails in Haslett. It's really nice and quiet. Mostly families and grad students live here, plus there are miles of trails right behind the complex...it's super nice if you're bringing a dog with you. I also have some friends in Berrytree, which is within walking distance to campus. Houses are a little harder to come by, and you have to be careful about the area you're living in, but there are definitely still options available. There's a lot still out there! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

I currently live at Knob Hill in Okemos. I love it! I have a dog and two cats. Pet friendly, a short drive to campus and a great place to live!

I'm glad to hear from people already living there. I'm sure it will help everyone from the incoming class. Even some of the IS don't live in East Lansing/Lansing, I'm sure :)

Can't wait to hear from everyone on the new batch of acceptances. Should be this week according to previous posts. :)

Yeah, for anyone who isn't familiar with the area, I would definitely ask around and get the opinions of people who are familiar with it. Some areas of Lansing are sketchy and I definitely wouldn't want to live there.

Yep according to the staff, today is the day